New Brink Updates Released for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC

(INF3RN0) #61

[QUOTE=Apoc;385515]I dont know if my opinion falls into that category, but i played it for about 30 mins. Seems that bullets hit where you point a lot more, although brink has retained its original feel and doesnt feel like it has transformed in any way. However it does feel slightly more responsive to aim, In the small time i played i pretty much raped an entire team by my self, i guess this shows aim is becoming a factor, as i mowed down 9 people in the space of 10 seconds with 2 clips. However it doesnt change the fact that i was on 1 of 2 populated servers and pretty much everyone i was against had the combined skill of a 1 week ETQW newbie.

I dont really think the changes matter at all if brink doesnt do something to regain a player base. You can make a game perfect but it wont matter if no one plays it.[/QUOTE]

Well even with the pre-patch weapons it was still easy to wipe a pub with bad players, so that’s a possible factor with the game in its current state I’m sure. How is the full weapon set? Even if the weapons have spread reduction overall, has there been any sign of an actual attempt at applying any sort of system of balance or is it still a one-sided mess? To be honest I think had the game had better weapon functionality/balance on release, it may have helped slow its death. Needless to say, the awful weapon mechanics and balance was the least of Brink’s problems. I just hope that the most simple/essential things that are expected will return in the future, as Brink is realistically not worth the effort at this point. I’ll probably try out the patch myself to see it first hand as soon as I am able, but I doubt it will be enough to keep my attention or fix the game.

(nephandys) #62

I guess we knew it would be the case already, but as others have said not even one weapon tweak on 360 makes me :frowning:

(coolstory) #63

Need a free weekend to bring some new blood in. I like the updates, though I still feel the guns would feel a lot better if every single first bullet went right in the center if you fire in small bursts.

(RT1) #64

I’ll tell you this on the basis of empirical observation: Brink took a major hit with the release of Modern Warfare 3. Most of the players active on my Steam friends list who played Brink faithfully are now often seen playing Modern Warfare 3. Just last night I was hankering for a game of human players, and I ran through the entire server list looking for warm bodies. Of the roughly twenty servers active, there was a total of five humans playing. That’s it.

It’s a sad state of affairs, to be honest. While I played MW2 quite religiously, I have no interest in MW3.

(mclarenpingu) #65

Agree, or 50% off a week :slight_smile:
now Brink is cool, but now everyone is playing battlefield3 and MW3 :slight_smile:

(coolstory) #66

[QUOTE=mclarenpingu;385556]Agree, or 50% off a week :slight_smile:
now Brink is cool, but now everyone is playing battlefield3 and MW3 :)[/QUOTE]

Yea wait for a few weeks and people start getting bored of mw3.

(Codine) #67

mw3 then skyrim, then serious sam 3 next week. I don’t blame people for not trying out the new patch.

(INF3RN0) #68

Sensible spread is one thing, but when you have so many gun choices, there should really be a very clear balance system at work. Pre-patch it didn’t really matter as every gun was fairly random and you would just pick the one that was the most favorably random, but now that spread is reduced slightly there really should be some overall weapon balance; ETQW for example had a variety of weapons with very clear balance between them; no such thing as the “best” weapon.

(tangoliber) #69

I always felt the Kalt, Sea Eagle and Ritchie had a good balance among them.

After the most recent patch, I was trying to get a feel for the best SMG. I narrowed it down to the Kross and Carb, and was playing with both of them equipped, trying to get a feel for which one kills fastest. They felt about the same, aside from the Kross being better with ADS at range. I can’t notice any difference using the Kross at close range, and since it provides more ammo, I went with that.
I still don’t like the Kross the best because the spread grows so much, and you have to wait a long time for it to retract. I like the Galactice for the quick spread retraction…it feels better to use since it is the most accurate SMG over time, but I feel like I am killing slightly slower with it.
I would call the Bulpdaun balanced, even though it is primarily used as an ADS gun. I just can’t use it because of the reload glitch.

(RT1) #70

If the Kalt and Ritchie are statistically identical to the Rokstedi, then there’s balance among the pistols. I use both the Rok and Eagle and I’m telling you, there’s absolutely no difference between them. Range, accuracy, etc. – you name it. Only difference is the clip size and maybe recoil.

(tangoliber) #71

Not identical…just seemingly balanced. (as far as I can tell.)

(Ashog) #72

Come back to ETQW then, we have 16 - 20 teams signed up now for 2 etqwpro competitions currently. Plus we need moar Fritzes :slight_smile:

(Crytiqal) #73

how many teams signed up again for 1500 prize money tournaments in brink? and how many showed up? 5?

(light_sh4v0r) #74

No, I think it was 4.