New Brink PC Update Released

(Om3ga) #61

Good work guys!

Keep the flag flying!

(sirius89) #62

Game is still a mess performancewise.

WTF is wrong with you SD?Do you give a **** about your costumers who can’t play your game?

Beside that it’s a kinda nice patch but WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

Fix your bloody game finally,performancewise.It’s not funny anymore.

(light_sh4v0r) #63

Well played, will test tonight :slight_smile:

(F. Otzenknecht) #64

Love the update! Good work.
Keep it up!

(dazman76) #65

Game runs beautifully for me, on a GTX 280. Had you considered that it might be your graphics card manufacturer letting you down with bad drivers? :slight_smile:

Cheers for the update SD - will test it tonight hopefully. The removal of auto-look is a great step for me - now we just need separate binds for abilities/actions and better/faster “target focus” code, and medic might finally be fun to play :slight_smile:

(Smoochy) #66

great idea for a big country like the USA. terrible for europe. my english is good :slight_smile: my german is ok, french passable, i can order a milky coffee in italian and i know enough spanish to flirt with spanish ladies. not good enough let me communicate with a server full of different nationalities.

just a simple GG at the end of a game would be nice, especially after one of those long close games!

(sirius89) #67

[QUOTE=dazman76;334656]Game runs beautifully for me, on a GTX 280. Had you considered that it might be your graphics card manufacturer letting you down with bad drivers? :slight_smile:

Cheers for the update SD - will test it tonight hopefully. The removal of auto-look is a great step for me - now we just need separate binds for abilities/actions and better/faster “target focus” code, and medic might finally be fun to play :)[/QUOTE]

Do you reall think one driver can magically give me a 50-60 steady FPS when ATI has a new driver out?

There is something wrong on SD’s side too.I highly doubt that it’s only ATI’s fault.

(dazman76) #68

Yes - it’s happened with games in the past, and there’s no reason for it not to happen again :slight_smile: NV users are unaffected by performance problems it seems, unless they own 5xx series cards. That isn’t something going wrong with the game - that’s GPU-specific, and SD has nothing to do with either GPUs or drivers. When a GTX 280 outperforms a GTX 5xx with a new game, who do you think is to blame hmm? :slight_smile: I see no logical reason to blame SD for what appear to be poor implementations of OpenGL driver code - a common and well-documented problem for ATI, over the years.

(legend123) #69

[QUOTE=sirius89;334640]Game is still a mess performancewise.
…[/QUOTE]

What exactly is wrong with game performance?
I think the majority of people have it fine now.

There are some servers that have ping spikes and lag that is true.
But the majority is fine.

(DarkangelUK) #70

A sweet update indeed. All of the other stuff mentioned are things i’d like to see, so I won’t mention them again, but one thing that would be nice to have but not really necessary is server queuing. When you click to join a server it just says ‘full’ and bumps you back to the server list, i’d like to be able to continue to wait and get dropped in as soon as a spot becomes available. Handy when you want into your fave server and don’t mind waiting.

(tokamak) #71

Not just your favourite server, it’s pretty essential if you want to play with friends.

(kosh) #72

Anyone else experiencing 2-3sec game freeze when someone joins or leaves server?

(legend123) #73

today I played on two servers. one was okay. the other where it was freezing and the character was dragging from lag spikes.

I never experienced it this bad before. I was thinking its just the servers fault since the other server didnt have the problem,/

(Mustang) #74

Not that I’ve ever seen

(FireWorks) #75

I had that before on 2-3 servers. Seemed server setting specific.

(badman) #76

[quote=A.i;334545]btw badman, is your ingame name badmanSD by any chance? :slight_smile: (PC)
played with someone with this name on one of the US servers, he had a bad ping…[/quote]
It’s usually plain simple ‘badman’ :slight_smile:

Great update SD, look forward to giving it a whirl when I get home later.

And +1 for the server queuing :slight_smile:

(Vlane) #78

[QUOTE=sirius89;334660]Do you reall think one driver can magically give me a 50-60 steady FPS when ATI has a new driver out?

There is something wrong on SD’s side too.I highly doubt that it’s only ATI’s fault.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with my 6950.

(zenstar) #79

[QUOTE=sirius89;334660]Do you reall think one driver can magically give me a 50-60 steady FPS when ATI has a new driver out?

There is something wrong on SD’s side too.I highly doubt that it’s only ATI’s fault.[/QUOTE]

Seen it happen in a completely different game. This is the 3rd game I’ve seen that has had issues with certain models of ATI cards. All games have slowly gotten better as ATI have released newer drivers (and not as teh games have gotten patched).

The ATI driver guys have really screwed the pooch on some of their drivers. I never trusted them once AMD got their hooks in. They do good hardware but their software guys need a kick in the pants!

(tokamak) #80

Yeah I’m confident my next card will be Nvidia again.