New Augment in gen 3 loudouts

(sangrexlol98) #1

Ideas :expressionless:

Something for Guardian that speeds up the cooldown rates of her teamā€™s abilities while theyā€™re within the Sky Shield.

Being able to toggle Skyhammerā€™s ability between a grenade as it functions indoors and the airstrike. Both have some uses and it would be nice to fake some airstrikes in certain positions or use it as a grenade outdoors as well.

Actually, both of ^ those could/should be passives rather than augments. I donā€™t know what Iā€™d want for other augments. One that shortens the length of the spawn timers for engineers by a small amount? Increased movement speed augment on medics and engineers? Most of these ideas probably suck. I think the augments we have are fine as is for the most part.

(Guziol) #3

Larger mags

(Mr-Penguin) #4

Ideas I came up with a while backā€¦

Unpack: Increase deploy speed by X%
Walk It Off: Regenerate X HP/sec while sprinting. Taking damage disables this for 2 seconds.
Gunslinger: Your secondary weapon incurs no movement speed penalty. Increase swap speed to primary from secondary by X%.
Mercy Kill: Deal X% more damage to downed enemies.
Conduit: Increase revive range by X%.
Sunglasses: Gain immunity to the effects of your own Concussion Grenades.
Fade to Black: When not sprinting, decrease Refractive Armor volume and visibility by X% and energy consumption by X%.
Disorient: Enemies Debilitated by a SNITCH Device have their crosshair, ammo count, and HP bar disabled for the duration of the effect.
Anti-Tank Mines: Proximity Mines can now detonate when the EV rolls over them. Increase mine damage to objectives by 100%.

(JJMAJR) #5

Smooth - 8% less spread while moving.
Priority - 20% less spread when not moving backwards nor strafing. (While this may seem OP itā€™s actually really stupid to do a headlong charge against an enemy.)

(Da_Mummy) #6

Pyromaniac: more Molotov Damage/larger radius
Big Smoke (pun intended): increase to smoke duration
Rise and Heal: faster get up with self revive
Smart fuse: shorter fuse time for grenades on the ground
Quick Supply: Ammo stations give out ammo quicker
Launch arm: throw everything further (Stickies, Grenades, Mines, Snitch, etc.)

I know theyā€™re all overpowered but just some things that I would like to see, maybe even as a buff to some mercs

(Guziol) #7

dedicated secondary weapon boosts are something iā€™d like a lot actually.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@Guziol said:

pretty awesome if it were to put on phantom

(Mr-Penguin) #9

@Guziol said:

More ideas then!

Gunslinger: Secondary weapons incur no movement speed penalty and reload 25% faster.
Better This Way: Headshots on downed enemies with your secondary weapon instantly kill them.
Steady Grip: Reduce spread increase per pistol shot by X%.
Shoot First: Increase pistol fire rate by X%. (On cards with the Deagle, Caulden, and revolvers only.)
Poised: Increase weapon switch speed by 100% while reloading your current weapon.

(Guziol) #10

I like ā€œbetter this wayā€ if not for practicality then for flavor. It always feels great to down somebody and then swap to a revolver and hit them in the head while they are on the floor. Plus i hate sparks so anything that makes her job harder is nice.

(JJMAJR) #11

A lot of the ā€œincrease damage to downed enemiesā€ indirectly nerfs Nader more than Sparks.

On one hand, Nader is weakened when sheā€™s not very strong (despite the salt she creates).
On the other, it could give precedent to have Sparksā€™s abilities buffed.

Iā€™m not comfortable with this perk.

(GatoCommodore) #12

One In the Chamber: an extra round in magazine

(sangrexlol98) #13

Unstoppable:You can run and doing melee(Only phantom and kira or maybe new merc who have katana)

(henki000) #14

Runner: Sprinting speed is increased.
High Jumper: Jumping height is increased.
Long Jumper: Jumping distance is increased.
Tracer Ammunition: Projectile trajectory is visible.
Multi-gunmentalist: Pick weapon (melee, primary or secondary) from enemy corpse. Random drop.
Harakiri: Able to do suicide and not give kills to enemy. Only available for katana wielder.
C4 bonker: Plant C4 anywhere, but only 1 at time.
Gangsta: Aim pistol in stupid position (side grip) that looks cool. Aim assist to downed enemies head, otherwise slightly decreased accuracy.

(sangrexlol98) #15

@henki000 said:
Multi-gunmentalist: Pick weapon (melee, primary or secondary) from enemy corpse. Random drop.
Harakiri: Able to do suicide and not give kills to enemy. Only available for katana wielder.
Gangsta: Aim pistol in stupid position (side grip) that looks cool. Aim assist to downed enemies head, otherwise slightly decreased accuracy.

Multi is more like cod(Call of duty)

(Mr-Penguin) #16

@henki000 said:

Runner- Movespeed buffs arenā€™t a great idea, seeing as that screws up the speed/HP ratios. How about something more situationalā€¦

• Mad Dash: Gain X% increased movespeed for 1 second after being damaged.

High and Long Jumper are both covered by the existing augment Flying Pig (or was it Springy?), which increases long jump distance IIRC.

Tracer bullets would be more of a detriment to the user since it highlights your exact position to the enemies.

No gun pickups pleaseā€¦

ā€œHarakiriā€ can already be done by pressing K, and why the hell would anybody want an augment that encourages death and failure (Iā€™m looking at you, Try Hard)?

I donā€™t understand C4 Bonker at all. It allows you to plant C4ā€¦ anywhere? Sounds more like a merc ability than an augment.

Gangsta is a straight nerf to your pistol.

(Da_Mummy) #17

@henki000
Gr8 m8. I r8 8/8.
At least those ideas made me laugh :smiley:
I hope you donā€™t mean it as serious as everyone else thinks it is.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #18

Some are jokes, some serious.

Gunslinger: 15% more accuracy, 15% more fire rate, 15% faster reload to revolvers

Marksman: 15% more accuracy, 15% more fire rate, 15% recoil reduction to semi-automatic rifles(not including moa)

Napalm cocktail: Molotovs burn 10% longer and do 10% more damage.

Arty Party: 25% reduction to ammo pack refresh rate

Electrified Shield: Turtleā€™s shield will deal 5 damage to any enemies who make contact.

From the Ashes: Phoenix does an automatic 10 damage fire pulse that damages any nearby enemies upon a successful self revive.

Cyro Mines: Enemies are frozen for three seconds. Does 10 damage. Can be negated by friendly molotov.

Incendiary ammunition for sniper rifles: Targets burn for an additional five damage-does not stack.

Special Hippy Smoke: Red Eyeā€™s smoke is now green and any enemy who walks through it will have blurred vision for five seconds.

Here comes the Boom: 15% area of effect increase for explosives in return for 15% longer replenish rate.

(LifeupOmega) #19

^ All of these seem incredibly out of place for DB, I would honestly hate to see any of them in the game barring maybe the shield.

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #20

Nurse: Increace time required to help out a team mate by 25-33%. (May be those 4lvl Skyhammer, Vassili, Phantom, Proxy, Sparks will spend less time helping you out now)
Hard hand: Accuracy increaced/recoil decreaced
Vandal: Increaces damage done to objectives
Long range: Range of your melee attacks increaced
Supplier: for Kira/Stoker/Jav increace ammount of given ammo; for Skybro/Arty increaces affect on cool down from direct hits (Knowing SD, they would put it on Skyhammer with extra ammo and extra supplies in one load out XD)
Explosion master: Increaces damage done by your explosives by x% (Basicly opposite to unshakable)
Spotter: Opposite to Enigma, Increaces duration of spotting targets (Vassili would make a good use of having enemies spotted almost non-stop)