Never seen a game that killed by few players (if not single) for vendetta

(REA987) #1

That’s just unbelievable…

As most of you aware, almost non-existed playerbase of ETQW is recently suffering from deliberate server attacks/exploits which lags everyone in the server and eventually causes everyone to be dropped. There have been several claims, accusations, flame wars and even insults in this forum that were ultimately locked by moderators. Even I called out admins of public servers to compare data logs to find out the culprit(s), but as it turned out none of the admins of affected servers bother to pay attention to the issue.

It really hurts me to write such stuff. Frankly, that is the only game that I care to play online last couple years. It has always been my dream to play this game with people but as I never had a proper gaming PC, I needed to wait until 2016 to play the game that I bought 4 years earlier… At the time, ranked mode was already shut down and playerbase was shrink into 2 digit numbers. But it was all okay for me; I could play the game with TAW clan which taught me a lot; thank you guys! Recently I needed to leave the division since the new job doesn’t leave me any time to play the game late at night. So, the only time that I can play the game was reduced to 30 minutes in the evenings if I am not already dead due to being exhausted. Buuut, someone, for some reason and somehow manages to drop everyone from a public server in mere 20 seconds; then people migrates to another server; after 5 minutes same ritual repeats. No gaming for anybody…

If that doesn’t explain how much I care about this game, please check PCGamingWiki article of the game. Most of fixes, guides and information were added or expanded by me. Why did I bother to invest that amount of time and energy for a game that is played less than 60 people? Because I fraking love it… I want more people to play it and fully aware its digital unavailability is the main reason of the small playerbase. That’s why I decided to gather and provide fixes and guides for the people who might be interested in the game. Even now, I dedicate my weekends to overcome a bizarre bug that affects Linux users.

ressected from TAW actively works on a mod which tackles with infamous custom map crashes on Windows 10. Yeah, he keeps updating, optimizing and extending the mod for both Windows, Linux and Mac while addressing a critical Windows 10 related problem. And you know what; just like me, the guy does not even use Windows, yet he struggles to fix the problem in order to keep the people playing the game.

Now, as vanilla servers’ admins don’t bother to fix the stuff, I would like to try a different approach to save the game. How about the person who’s responsible of all those hacks and stuff anonymously approaches us and states his/her thoughts regarding the issue? Yeah, that sounds extremely silly but I can think of nothing logical aside from directing people to TAW servers… Anyway, whoever causes all those server crashes; get Tor Browser which is open source in order to remain untracked, create a new forum account as you already did in the game plenty of times and state your intentions and justifications. I do not claim anything or name anyone cause I am still not certain about it, but I really would like to hear what makes someone try to kill a game which is already dead…

(Nerwitz) #2

Told you, we’re having right now ripe fight for leadership. Someone playing his wild cards. And there it is Pliscin-7 calling insults on me in that last thread cause he felt caught in the act being hateful.

Go figure… why we even bother asking for a statement…

(DrJ3kyll) #3

@N3rwitZ, WOW, that thread was locked, why are you bringing it here. That’s not very clever.

@REA987, It’s good to see your passion for the game. I’m sure the vanilla admins were doing all they could, don’t forget it’s often a thankless job.

I do hope someone talks to you about what’s been going on.

(Mustang) #4

AFAIK there is no known fix to the “player joins and everyone else lags/crashes” problem, if you know one I would like to hear it.

(edxot) #5

2 solutions:

• In this one you remove the lili thing from the game. Because anyone hacking the server can use it to lag everybody.
  • In the other, you create a server and disable all statistics tracking. Either kills, or that other one that was created after I spoken about it. Objective is to have a server where people can play a team game instead of something else.

(Nerwitz) #6

There always is, you need to find the real one. Needle in a haystack, for the most part.

Just make sure it’s seen before it gets 200 pages deep, the toxicity…

(Pliscin-7) #7

@N3rwitZ real butthurt huh? i could write how super ignorant your post against flora was. How you talk about stuff you have no idea off. How you dont play the game have 0 clues whats going on day to day on the servers and how you still judged flora for no reason.
I could go on how you wrote me a 10000 words essay where you prais yourself and tell me how good your judgment of online players is which really made me laugh my ass off :smiley: but for what…?
I have better things to do right now but i stay to my last message:
If you dont know whats going on in the game you should consider to shut the **** up about it :wink: hf getting triggerd again

Edit: also judging from your last post this will help you in your futur:

your welcome

(Nerwitz) #8

I’ll leave it here… just by seeing your way of conducting a conversation, using the vocabulary of internet people – butthurt, hf, so on to say – shows the egocentric person of yours. Those who know real human language won’t ever touch using those terms, cause they know how to speak up rightfully, in am understandable manner.

See you in the game, only if you knew I’ve been playing; i’ll really leave it here to spare moderators work and wasting precious time traveling home.

thanks for glaring through my PM as well TAW’s chiefs working overnight to secure a better QW future. I’ll be visiting you TAWwies soon, weekend days only sadly, no time to go there weekdays.

(edxot) #9

@Mustang
I would also like to ear what you thought about my solutions.

PS:
can someone google this for me ?

• off vs of
  • crush vs crash

(REA987) #10

Dear edxot,

If that is your concern, there is a perfectly okay game for you that doesn’t have any sort of scoreboard; Overwatch. Please give it a try.

Peace.

(edxot) #11

I guess you believe that if I go play some other game, the problem will disappear
Guess again…

(REA987) #12

[QUOTE=edxot;573295]I guess you believe that if I go play some other game, the problem will disappear
Guess again…[/QUOTE]

I do not wish to name or blame any one, trust me. Previously, I have already stated that I do not desire to convict any one without a valid proof. But, if you are really into a game that doesn’t count frags, Overwatch seems to be a valid choice for you.

(edxot) #13

I am not. That’s not what I was saying.

OFF-TOPIC

I wanted to reply to another post in a thread that got locked. Never had the chance. The post is from Winnie and it goes like this:

I don’t know why I give you an answer edxot, because you never try to listen and 99% of your post are just bulles…t. I always think you are a troll who post on this forum to have one more red stars. I don’t play etqw since a long time now, maybe 2 years, except maybe 2,3 comeback of one hour with the game in normal settings (no cfg, lost it when change computer and don’t have time and don’t care about edit a new one), and do you want to know why I stop to play after one hour come back? Not because I don’t enjoy this game anymore, or because it bored me… It’s because people like you, crying every time, cheaters everywhere, every time, asking vote kick just because they loose or can’t aim something… ETQW is laggy is not new, it’s for everyone the same things… so accept it that and stop crying. I m happy to see Pliscin come back to this game and when I saw his videos, he mades me want to play this game again, I have fun playing against or with players like him, but people like you are too boring and disgust me to play. Too disappointing to have to bear your false accusations and insults in a game with such a small player base and 1 or 2 active servers. I’m not talking about the level of play of this player base, who after 10 years of play still has not understood 70% strategies and mechanisms of the game… and for sure edxot, you’re part of the lot…

Sorry for my English… gengiskkan aka Gen9is. aka Winn1e-l’0ursoN, aka Winnie, aka petrossian, aka m4rtine

PS: I remember old rex posts about you edxot, and for sure all he said was true!

Well, to answer this properly, I must tell a little story, so anyone reading this can understand:
Some time ago, was playing in some server, and this guy m4rtine was getting most kills in almost all maps.
After a few really unbalanced games, server got almost empty and there were only 3 players left. It was Ark map, with me and “Tabu.name” attacking, and m4rtine defending. After 5 min of game we hadn’t got 1st objective yet. Then Tabu goes spectator and after watching him play for a while, starts to vote kick him, saying that he was a cheater, claiming “must be wallhack, he doesn’t even aim for the head”.
I kept voting no, because I knew he had no wall hack (from a previous situation where he passed right by me, hiding behind something).

At that time, I already knew about the lili thing (because of numbs videos). And from other games how it usually is turned against a whole team (most of the times) instead of targeting just one player.

So, I told Tabu that instead of kicking, if he really wanted to test for aimbot/wallhack, he could go gdf (same team as m4rtine) and fight against him. And he did, and he obviously made him look like a complete noob.
When m4rtine got tired of getting killed, he started to talk, heheheh, and that’s when this story gets interesting:
He said that something had to be done, because players like edxot or winnie were considered trolls by the community. They were killing ETQW.

SO, knowing that m4rtine is winnie, is just OMG, how tard is this guy ?