Nader XP

(Rodolfosaurio) #1

Why does she get “GRENADE LAUNCHER” XP every time she uses it? What’s the point on that? Just like Rhino spamming his minigun gets XP for shooting walls

(kopyright) #2

Most (all?) abilities grant XP, as does placing deployables.

(GatoCommodore) #3

@Rodolfosaurio said:
Why does she get “GRENADE LAUNCHER” XP every time she uses it? What’s the point on that? Just like Rhino spamming his minigun gets XP for shooting walls

area denial is a thing, and its not always have to hurt people

(Rodolfosaurio) #4

Sticky bombs don’t grant XP for throwing them at walls

(Rodolfosaurio) #5

I believe it shouldn’t grant XP for spamming abilities into walls but whatever

(GatoCommodore) #6

@Rodolfosaurio said:
Sticky bombs don’t grant XP for throwing them at walls

well because sticky bombs are useful if you can detonate it and if it was shot by enemy, its not area denial anymore right?

meanwhile, you cant destroy nader’s nade.

(henki000) #7

Area denial is a thing, good point. But I would remove this xp generator. Everything that can be easily exploited for free xp should not exist in first place.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #8

such ninnies in this thread

(GatoCommodore) #9

@henki000 said:
Area denial is a thing, good point. But I would remove this xp generator. Everything that can be easily exploited for free xp should not exist in first place.

well, i would like to cut some xp generator too, but then kiddies will scream because for some reason if they are playing assault mercs and they are not killing anything, they arent contributing to the team.

(Wulie) #10

Uhm- thrown health packs and ammo packs also give xP

(henki000) #11

@GatoCommodore

Kids can grow up.

@Wulie

Yes, and those should not generate XP if not used “correctly”. It’s sketchy to see these Skyhammers drop all their ammo packs in spawn wave, and then forget it when someone actually need ammo. It’s even worse if someone does this with medic packs.

(GatoCommodore) #12

@henki000 said:
@GatoCommodore

Kids can grow up.

looking at current situation in overwatch…
kiddies and squeakers will still be kiddies and squeakers.

im also very triggered if i see skyhammer drops ammo or even his marker at the spawn
like dude…why?

(Your worst knifemare.) #13

@henki000 said:
@GatoCommodore

Kids can grow up.

@Wulie

Yes, and those should not generate XP if not used “correctly”. It’s sketchy to see these Skyhammers drop all their ammo packs in spawn wave, and then forget it when someone actually need ammo. It’s even worse if someone does this with medic packs.

How about when the pack thrower tries to give ammo/health but the target dodges it and doesn’t pick it up.

(henki000) #14

@Lord_Coctus

Then pack thrower dont get free xp, unless target turns and picks it up. Abilities should be more valuable. Mines and turrets are other good example. Dont just toss them and reclaim them without any utility.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #15

@Lord_Coctus said:

@henki000 said:
@GatoCommodore

Kids can grow up.

@Wulie

How about when the pack thrower tries to give ammo/health but the target dodges it and doesn’t pick it up.

I think this here is a seperate but somewhat related issue as people seem to have some sort of mental deficiency sometimes and ignore health or ammo packs directly in front of their face.

P.S. Just kidding about the mental deficiency but people do seem to somehow miss things right in front of their face in this game way too often to not be questionable.

(HadronZodiac) #16

@Rodolfosaurio said:

Its because firing it (as long as an enemy can see it) it scares them. Since she area control, even if the nade doesnt hit anyone, it still warns them and moves them. So you get rewarded.

(Rodolfosaurio) #17

Then I should get rewarded for shooting my gun too, even if I don’t hit anyone, it can be considered supressive fire.
I guess those rewards are there just to promote abilities usage

(bgyoshi) #18

@GatoCommodore said:
im also very triggered if i see skyhammer drops ammo or even his marker at the spawn
like dude…why?

As a Skyhammer than always dumps all ammo in spawn every respawn I’ll tell you why

I don’t think I’ve ever been in a situation where I’ve reached the front line after a respawn and 4 people are empty on ammo. So I drop all my ammo in respawn so that the players behind me can pick it up and arrive at the front lines full.

Secondly, by the time I reach the front lines, I’ll already have an ammo pack regenerated and half the cooldown of a second one gone. And by the time anyone at the front line NEEDS ammo, I’ll have 3 or all 4 packs waiting.

But the marker…lmao

(GatoCommodore) #19

@bgyoshi said:

@GatoCommodore said:
like dude…why?

As a Skyhammer than always dumps all ammo in spawn every respawn I’ll tell you why

I don’t think I’ve ever been in a situation where I’ve reached the front line after a respawn and 4 people are empty on ammo. So I drop all my ammo in respawn so that the players behind me can pick it up and arrive at the front lines full.

Secondly, by the time I reach the front lines, I’ll already have an ammo pack regenerated and half the cooldown of a second one gone. And by the time anyone at the front line NEEDS ammo, I’ll have 3 or all 4 packs waiting.

But the marker…lmao

nonono, there are newbies who just throw all the ammo in the spawn, not while walking out of the spawn, making sure there is nobody will get the ammo unless you look back to search for one.

same thing about there is aura who drops her station in the spawn

(HadronZodiac) #20

@Rodolfosaurio said:
Then I should get rewarded for shooting my gun too, even if I don’t hit anyone, it can be considered supressive fire.
I guess those rewards are there just to promote abilities usage

Incorrect. A bullet only hurts a small point. A nade can hurt an area, so it ensures enemies move, plus they would know a nade is near them, instead of a bullet.