Nader XP

(Rodolfosaurio) #21

So Rhino minigun doesn’t count as bullets?

(Wulie) #22

@Rodolfosaurio said:

Nope. Doesn’t even use bullets but Cooldown

(Splicerrr) #23

@Rodolfosaurio said:
He recently got added “suppression” xp for firing his minigun at enemies.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #24

@Splicerrr said:

@Rodolfosaurio said:
He recently got added “suppression” xp for firing his minigun at enemies.

That isn’t new… that’s been a thing for a while now. It’s been around for a good while, if I recall correctly; it has definitely been around long enough to be considered “old news” compared to other changes, at the very least. Rhino’s Minigun does technically shoot bullets as there was, at one point, a statistic in everyone’s In-game Profile where it could affect your Profile’s Average Overall Accuracy that was ultimately never properly implemented and was thus removed; you will still see the effects of Minigun usage on your Overall Accuracy via the end-screens of matches in Ranked and C.M.M. games; even if it is the only weapon you used it will have an effect.

This essentially means it shoots bullets, as the way your Profile determines your Accuracy with a given gun is done via a ratio of Shots (Bullets) Fired to Shots Landed; this functions similarly with Melee weapons but is based on the Swings Landed to the amount of Swings Missed, as there are no bullets involved in this scenario. The catch is that due to its nature as an Ability-based weapon it has no ammo limitations and is instead governed by an associated Cooldown Mechanic. It should also be noted that, due to its nature as a weapon, it is affected by Augments such as Quick Draw in the same manner as every other weapon in the game; similar instances of this can be seen with Spark’s Revivr Rifle, Fletcher’s Sticky Bombs, Proxy’s Proximity Mines, Javelin’s Rocket Launcher, Nader’s Grenade Launcher, and so on.

(Rodolfosaurio) #25

Still my point is Rhino shouldn’t get rewarded for shooting those cooldown based bullets at the wall. Same as Nader shouldn’t get rewarded for spamming grenades into the sky and so on.

(kopyright) #26

@Rodolfosaurio said:
Still my point is Rhino shouldn’t get rewarded for shooting those cooldown based bullets at the wall. Same as Nader shouldn’t get rewarded for spamming grenades into the sky and so on.

Then you would have to take away everything but ammo/health XP.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #27

@Rodolfosaurio said:

As far as I know only Nader and Fire Supports get that for just firing it off. Rhino has to be actually hitting players to get Suppressing Fire XP, or in the case of Generators and the E.V. it’s Destroy XP. Overall my point is that Rhino has to be actually doing something by firing his Minigun to get any returns of that form, so I both understand and agree with your sentiment; especially considering how it is an inconsistency compared to the Mercs who don’t have that existing requisite for such XP gains within similar contexts.