Nader Thoughts

(delectableJuke) #1

Go.

For pubs, it’s basically a spam fest. Just played a couple rounds of 8v8 with 3-4 Naders on each team. You could barely hear anything else in the game other than nades going off.

Nader is definitely a paper/rock/scissors class against Fragger. Fragger is definitely not OP anymore… Nader is. Interested to see how the other characters that get released affect the characters in play right now.

Competitive should limit each team to 1 Nader.

Also, ‘free game’? An illusion, it’s definitely pay2win. $10 per character or 50,000 coins? This will make you money in the short run but also detract more players from joining or continuing to play the game in the long run.

(watsyurdeal) #2

First of all, she was just released, so yea, a ton of people will play her. Deal with it, it’ll die down soon enough.

Second, I think she’s fine, she’s versatile and really useful for destroying Medics bunching up together. So yea, I think she’s a counter to a lot of stuff that was really irritating in this game.

(Parmenion) #3

She is not op.

(GregHouseMD) #4

Definitely the novelty. You’re going to see the same with a lot of mercs as they’re released.

I didn’t get to play her a lot yesterday. I did get into a few situations where I got to make proper use of her GL, though. My impression that it’s not a very effective killing tool. It’s nowhere near as dangerous as a well-cooked frag grenade. It shines when you use it to flush out a large group of people hiding in a small area and destroying their deployables. But it’s not going to outright kill them. Again unlike a well-placed frag grenade.

I definitely don’t think she’s OP. It’s not my impression so far, at least. It might change, but I’m not seeing it yet. Grenade launcher is remarkably difficult to use ( in part due to slightly wonky physics ), and it does less damage than you’d expect. It’s not like you can ( reliably ) camp a safe spot and blindly spam grenades for reliable kills.

(Szakalot) #5

Actually nader got nerfed since last time I played her, all across the board. Def. not OP, compared to what is out there (Fragger and HP station)

(alertRidge) #6

As far as I have seen she isn’t that OP damage wise. If I am right the older beta Nader only had 3 grenades. I do think removing one grenade (out of 4) and slightly reducing the cooldown of getting a grenade back is better.

I also think they should limit classes per team so you won’t face like 5 the same mercs. It doesn’t make sense and it won’t help the team based style of playing.

(GregHouseMD) #7

Class limits keep getting brought up, but I don’t get it. I mean, in public games, at least. If I can’t play the mercs I want to play, why would I play at all?

Anyway! I plan on playing Nader some more today. I’ll share my thoughts later.

I do have a question for others, though: I mentioned wonky grenade physics earlier. Anyone else notice anything like that? Grenades don’t seem to behave as you’d expect them to. They feel like they lose a lot of momentum when they bounce off walls, and the direction they bounce in seems unpredictable to me.

(alertRidge) #8

[quote=“snowMonkey;16047”]Class limits keep getting brought up, but I don’t get it. I mean, in public games, at least. If I can’t play the mercs I want to play, why would I play at all?

Anyway! I plan on playing Nader some more today. I’ll share my thoughts later.

I do have a question for others, though: I mentioned wonky grenade physics earlier. Anyone else notice anything like that? Grenades don’t seem to behave as you’d expect them to. They feel like they lose a lot of momentum when they bounce off walls, and the direction they bounce in seems unpredictable to me. [/quote]

I rather want a balanced game, than a “everything that each player wants” game. It sounds obvious but right now it’s a cluster.

Don’t get me wrong, sure you should do what you like. But fact is that in a lot of matches people don’t go engineer or medic at all. However, maybe saying this too soon as more mercs will come out over time (I heard each 2 weeks untill release).

(fallowMap) #9

The nader nades are pretty useless compared to fragger …

If you want to defend a plant or something like this its much easier to kill the defusing people with SMG or pistol then greneade luncher…

(DadoPeja) #10

I played pretty much only her now and its fun but not OP for sure, its not easy and yea her nades kinda loose moment when they bounce of wals, she’s good against station - also u need 2 direct ( for lower hp mercs) or 3-4 close to enemy nades to kill someone soo yea…

(Diosito) #11

[quote=“delectableJuke;6467”]Go.

… also, ‘free game’? An illusion, it’s definitely pay2win. $10 per character or 50,000 coins? This will make you money in the short run but also detract more players from joining or continuing to play the game in the long run.[/quote]

So far, you can buy the mercs or… you can get them by playing. It was easier to buy them (mercs and cases) when the payment system work properly (I’m no getting the credits for complete the contracts) so, in a very strange way, still is a F2P game… and what do you spect whith Steam involved?

As far as I remember, In previous patches, she had 5 grenades, 6 with the proper augment (Spares)

[quote=“alertRidge;16041”]
I also think they should limit classes per team so you won’t face like 5 the same mercs. It doesn’t make sense and it won’t help the team based style of playing.[/quote]

Well, I think more than limit the classes per team or nerf Nader even more, we should appeal to common sense. Sadly, the lack of it can’t be fixed up by devs :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“snowMonkey;16047”]
I do have a question for others, though: I mentioned wonky grenade physics earlier. Anyone else notice anything like that? Grenades don’t seem to behave as you’d expect them to. They feel like they lose a lot of momentum when they bounce off walls, and the direction they bounce in seems unpredictable to me. [/quote]

Maybe the delay in the explosion (when you don’t hit an enemy or deployable directly) is contributing to that feeling (?). It’s seems to work fine for me.

I really like nader, but I hate all that senseless GL spamming

Abbadon
Abaddon

(Dirmagnos) #12

Imo, nader sould have 6 nades as default, but fire rate should be lower.
Good for clearing out areas, pushing back camping medics, but not current spam feast, when it feels like indoors airstrike.

(capriciousParsely) #13

I was topscoring easily as her. I think she is incredibly fun to play, but the low HP is kinda weird seeing as Fragger is still much better at killing people and he also has 2 nades… She should IMO get a bit more so she can do work solo.

Or perhaps a passive weapon-switch speed buff so she can combo enemies?

(DadoPeja) #14

Yep, she could use some more health + 10-20

(bumbertyr) #15

she’s a class built around her action skill, shes absolutely pathetic. May they fire the guy who thought it’d be a great idea to give her a Pea shooter instead of an actual gun.

(GregHouseMD) #16

I have zero complaints about Nader. I love her, I mean to keep playing her. I like the grenade launcher, and her weapons are fine. The default SMG feels quite weak, but the other options are good. Considering her grenade launcher is more or less a second primary, I don’t mind it at all.

I’ve seen some people complain about her being overpowered. I can’t see it myself. She’s only overpowered in the sense she can kill mercs who can’t effectively defend themselves, for instance because they’re around corners. Of course, so can Fragger - and to much greater effect.

Martyrdom seems fairly well-balanced, too. It’s only really effective if people are careless, and either ignore a downed Nader or try to run in and knife her to finish her off. I did notice that if you knife her after martyrdom triggers, but before it goes off ( ~1 second ), it’ll cancel martyrdom. In other words, killing Nader in close combat isn’t necessarily fatal.

(radiantBull) #17

I got some Feedback for the “Nader”.

I was quiet excited about the Nader to coming out, because i was an W:ET player. Thats why i always played with the rifle. Its such an amazing weapon and very outstanding if you compare the weapon to other games. So it thought it would be awesome like in W:ET. Its not bad at all but the nades arent very strong… i need to hit all 4 nades directly to kill someone… and thats not good. Plz set down the charges and turn up the damage … Like it was in ET. I know its hard but that would kick butts in a fair way. Now its pain in the ass to play with it. I really looking forward to it.

At all you are doing an amazing job. And plz bring back Goldrush to Dirty Bomb :))

Greetz

(phea) #18

Honestly nader feels weak as fuck compared to fragger. Too low health, no move speed, weak exposives, weak weapons. Shes got nothing going for her.

(Szakalot) #19

[quote=“radiantBull;16274”]I got some Feedback for the “Nader”.

I was quiet excited about the Nader to coming out, because i was an W:ET player. Thats why i always played with the rifle. Its such an amazing weapon and very outstanding if you compare the weapon to other games. So it thought it would be awesome like in W:ET. Its not bad at all but the nades arent very strong… i need to hit all 4 nades directly to kill someone… and thats not good. Plz set down the charges and turn up the damage … Like it was in ET. I know its hard but that would kick butts in a fair way. Now its pain in the ass to play with it. I really looking forward to it.

At all you are doing an amazing job. And plz bring back Goldrush to Dirty Bomb :))

Greetz[/quote]

thats not possible, a direct nade hit deals 80 damage, and one shots Auras.

The fuse is much longer than in W:ET so primary use of nades, if you dont get direct hits, is AoE denial.

Use the nades in conjunction with your SMG and your teammates, to flush enemies out of cover, pin them down, setup for a flank etc.

Also her default SMG is probaably the best SMG in the game at close-mid range, with high damage potential, just have to get them headshots

(capriciousParsely) #20

You need to use the grenade launcher together with your smg. Fire 1-2 shots close to the enemy. If they hit directly; good for you! But if they don’t, switch to your smg and now you only have to deal with 30% of their HP with the SMG.