Nader is next.

(Ribero) #1

Also news on Execution.

Execution is Dirty Bomb’s take on the classic “bombing run” game mode, with a series of attacking and defending rounds and one life per player. It’s a fairly familiar ruleset for shooter players, but when you add in our Merc synergy and energetic action, it really feels like something different… suddenly a single Merc ability use can change an entire round, be it a timely revive on Proxy or Bushwhacker, a Heartbeat Sensor that reveals an enemy rush to a particular bombsite, or an Airstrike that wipes out an entire enemy team. Add the ability to swap Mercs in between rounds to counter the enemy’s strategy, and it really makes for an interesting tactical battle outside of the moment-to-moment gameplay.

Hype.

(Reddeadcap) #2

Execution mode and the somewhat mentioned previously Team Deathmatch modes dont really feel fitting for dirty bomb, considering how abilities can lay waste to an entire team.

(Ribero) #3

They say it’s like “Bombing Run”.

That to me means the mode from UT, with the Bomb, Goals, Passing, and Scoring etc.

For some reason what the article describes makes me think more of what CS has, or “Seek and Destroy” (I think it’s called) in the COD Franchise.*

(*Yes I’m sure a game will have done it before COD, but I just don’t know an earlier example.)

(Reddeadcap) #4

[quote=“Kovacs;15312”]They say it’s like “Bombing Run”.

That to me means the mode from UT, with the Bomb, Goals, Passing, and Scoring etc.

For some reason what the article describes makes me think more of what CS has, or “Seek and Destroy” (I think it’s called) in the COD Franchise.*

(*Yes I’m sure a game will have done it before COD, but I just don’t know an earlier example.)[/quote]was that the one with the large hoop where players had to pass that ball thing to each other?

(Szakalot) #5

cant make the roll call video work : (

(Ribero) #6

[quote=“Redcap;15314”][quote=“Kovacs;15312”]They say it’s like “Bombing Run”.

(*Yes I’m sure a game will have done it before COD, but I just don’t know an earlier example.)[/quote]was that the one with the large hoop where players had to pass that ball thing to each other?[/quote]

Yes, that fantastic game mode (Which Uplink on COD:AW is trying to bring back, it seems.)

It basically says “Spam nades”

(Humbug) #7

this mode sounds awesome!!

(Eox) #8

I’ll certainly hate that new gamemode (it’s just that “one lives” gamemodes are clearly not my cup of team), however, I can’t wait to try out Nader.

(capriciousParsely) #9

Guess im saving my credz for nader instead of fragger

(Reddeadcap) #10

Explains that nader was a business lawyer before becoming a merc, her ability; the grenade launcher works like a grenade launcher in games like quake, they have a quick cooldown but cant befired at too close a range, her alt ability is to suicide bomb herself when she’s down insta-gibbing players too close to her, promotes indirect fire and to try to use the martyrdom as a last resort when pushing in.

Then explains how to fight nader, she isn’t good at longer ranges and for an assault she has a rather low hp for an assault at 100 at the moment, when the next lowest HP assault is Fragger, dont worry of going close and personally, count her grenades and finish her off right away or stay away when she’s down.

(Amerika) #11

Great. Incoming spam non-stop on all DB servers now + suiciders. Can’t wait (sarcasm).

(Zenity) #12

[quote=“Kovacs;15312”]They say it’s like “Bombing Run”.

(*Yes I’m sure a game will have done it before COD, but I just don’t know an earlier example.)[/quote]

Yes I think they mean the latter. In a way it makes sense… since it is a mode in which you run with a bomb. :wink:

A round based mode with a ton of spam that can wipe you out instantly out of nowhere… I think that’s a first? It’s not something I would intuitively expect to work, but I am really looking forward to trying this out. If the rounds are fast enough (and I expect they will be, given the nature of the game), then the occasional spam death may not be such a big deal, and it could be a pretty exciting mode.

If nothing else, this is definitely going to be a new experience…

(Szakalot) #13

Thanks everyone for explanations, managed to see it in the end : )

There will be more spam, but one more nader means one less proxy or arty, so in the end the average spammage won’t be that much crazier.

At least mines and healing stations will be all blown up with ease.

(Humbug) #14

[quote=“Zenity;15324”][quote=“Kovacs;15312”]They say it’s like “Bombing Run”.

(*Yes I’m sure a game will have done it before COD, but I just don’t know an earlier example.)[/quote]

Yes I think they mean the latter. In a way it makes sense… since it is a mode in which you run with a bomb. :wink:

A round based mode with a ton of spam that can wipe you out instantly out of nowhere… I think that’s a first? It’s not something I would intuitively expect to work, but I am really looking forward to trying this out. If the rounds are fast enough (and I expect they will be, given the nature of the game), then the occasional spam death may not be such a big deal, and it could be a pretty exciting mode.

If nothing else, this is definitely going to be a new experience…[/quote]

sounds 1000 times better than what we currently have to me

(B_Montiel) #15

“Elite Cases (which contain higher rarity Loadout Cards)”
Urrrrrrrghhhhh ! I’m gonna vomit if those are not gold copies. Massive P2W issue here…

(Zenity) #16

[quote=“B. Montiel;15328”]“Elite Cases (which contain higher rarity Loadout Cards)”
Urrrrrrrghhhhh ! I’m gonna vomit if those are not gold copies. Massive P2W issue here…[/quote]

Well first things first, current crates drop mostly Lead so I expect there will be some crates which drop Bronze as minimum or something like that. There definitely need to be more crates with more interesting contents, and they just need to continue the path of keeping power decoupled from rarity.

(einstyle) #17

the real question here is: will Bushwhacker remain 50k? will Nader ship at 75k? I’m stoked to find out

(Gaspoline) #18

awwyisss, always loved nader. hopefully not too much has changed with her though

(unbleachedCoconut) #19

Look at 22-23 seconds of nader role call. Does Vasili have this kind of weapon? It looks like m4 or somthing like that.

(Szakalot) #20

I think its the auto-sniper: PDP-70