Murder Herd recruiting for Brink PC

(Conq) #41

It’s been explained like a dozen times.

A) They want special treatment (free stuff, powerleveling, attention)
B) They get off on watching the backside of a pixelated female
C) They can’t look at the backside of a pixelated male without feeling gay
D) They somehow think it’s demoralizing for their opponents to be killed by a female character
E) They just like pretending to be a woman on the internet

No doubt there are other reasons but that has to make up about 90% of it and all of those kinds of people simply aren’t the kind of people we want to hang out with in games and on vent because they are generally immature and socially inept. As proof, we’ve only had about 6 people out of the nearly 1000 we’ve recruited ever question it, it’s a simple way to block that type of gamer from ever applying. Like I said, nerd profiling.

You seem pretty offended and weirded out about this, what is YOUR reason for playing as a woman on the internet?

(Matriarch) #42

As Conq already stated, this policy is basically there to keep out a particular breed of gamer. As such, if you take umbrage with it then you’re probably not going to want to join our guild anyway. In that case, what the hell does it matter to you what our policies are? One of the requirements for being accepted could be that you have to fly to Texas, treat me to a classy diner, and give me a rim job and it wouldn’t at all matter to you since you won’t be joining. Therefore, let’s move on and cease beating this poor, dead horse.

(xTriXxy) #43

sorry for o/t but what is the different between guild and clan? David Koresh also had his own guild…

(Conq) #44

And white supremacists have their own clan. You can’t win either way so we prefer to just call it a Herd.

(DarkangelUK) #45

[QUOTE=Conq;253103]It’s been explained like a dozen times.

D) They somehow think it’s demoralizing for their opponents to be killed by a female character

No doubt there are other reasons but that has to make up about 90% of it and all of those kinds of people simply aren’t the kind of people we want to hang out with in games and on vent because they are generally immature and socially inept. As proof, we’ve only had about 6 people out of the nearly 1000 we’ve recruited ever question it, it’s a simple way to block that type of gamer from ever applying. Like I said, nerd profiling.

You seem pretty offended and weirded out about this, what is YOUR reason for playing as a woman on the internet?[/QUOTE]

I think it’s the other way round mate, you seem to be weirded out to a point of strong rules and regs… I couldn’t care less tbh. All of the above you listed I think is what you see… you see females instead of polygons, and because you see this you think others do. I don’t think you’re comfortable with yourself looking at female models and this reflects on your rules. Each to their own I suppose… all I see is a game at the end of the day :slight_smile:

(coolstory) #46

[QUOTE=Conq;253103] Like I said, nerd profiling.

You seem pretty offended and weirded out about this, what is YOUR reason for playing as a woman on the internet?[/QUOTE]

These models are pixels in a video game… not real people…get it right.

Funny think is your “nerd profiling”. However, its’ people like you who call themselves “generals”, “leader”, w/e and belong in a clan or guild of 100+ members who all are terrible at the game and have huge egos.

I mean srsly clans…guild/herd w/e in a video game?? sad…just sad…

Kinda like the retarded racists in kkk

This is why I like competitive teams of 5-6 close friends… no unwanted drama … you get to the play the game and get better.

(.Chris.) #47

Selamat datang SD forums.

(Stycnine) #48

How dare you herders make me and my wife play a female toon for her and a male toon for me i wanted to make a female big tit lady for apb and because of your rules i couldn’t and she couldn’t make the big black man that was me in real life :smiley: but oh well we sucked it up and play a male and female toon and ya know what we have a good time in the herd but hell were pervs in real life so the herd fits us to a tee :penguin: but on a serious note check the history of the herd and all this chit chatter will be useless see you guys on the next one :stroggbanana:

(Conq) #49

[QUOTE=coolstory;253112]These models are pixels in a video game… not real people…get it right.

Funny think is your “nerd profiling”. However, its’ people like you who call themselves “generals”, “leader”, w/e and belong in a clan or guild of 100+ members who all are terrible at the game and have huge egos.

I mean srsly clans…guild/herd w/e in a video game?? sad…just sad…

Kinda like the retarded racists in kkk

This is why I like competitive teams of 5-6 close friends… no unwanted drama … you get to the play the game and get better.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, these FPS gamers have so much pent up hostility. I suppose you’re the ones calling people fas and ni***s at the end of loosing matches. I don’t think I’ve ever referred to myself as a “general” but having leaders is sort of unavoidable, someone has to pay for the forum, vent and server hosting.

I can understand how you feel about small competitive squads filled only with l334 d00ds though, when your life is in the gutter, online competition is a lot more important right? I don’t judge someone on how much of their real life they sacrifice to be good in a video game, most of the time we do win but winning isn’t the point. It’s having fun. We pick people who are fun, funny and laid back… and who happen to play their own gender.

Get over it kiddo :slight_smile:

(DarkangelUK) #50

No, but you judge someone for their player choice? It’s akin to racial profiling, “He wears a turban therefore he is a terrorist!”… “he chooses a female char therefore he is a perverted homophobe”. It’s the pent up aggression towards something so trivial that seems to be throwing people off… I mean you seriously went to town on it in your reply to my post, and denotes some underlying issues. Do you hold sermons and promise to remove the evil demons for a small credit card payment? “We’re a fun bunch… but don’t choose a female or we’ll castrate you, publicly humiliate you, call you a pathetic pervert and shun you from the high heavens”… yeah, no irony there at all!

(Stycnine) #51

lmao spelled my name wrong and can’t change it guess thats what happens when you work and then try to make a forum name for yourself and damn it please oh please let this horse die :oppressor:

(DarkangelUK) #52

Yeah sure no problem, who am I to question someone elses beliefs… I mean I believe we came here on a giant marshmallow and soon smores will rule the earth! :smiley:

(xTriXxy) #53

may i add here something? i think conq is a bot :slight_smile:

(Kinjal) #54

they want kill HORSE?

(Conq) #55

Again, the numbers speak for themselves. We’ve accepted 814 members, denied 630. That’s almost 1,500 gamers in 3 years that have understood the rule and still wanted to join. Most guys don’t want to pretend to be women online so most people don’t have a problem with it. Those that do aren’t particularly desired and need not apply.

I’ll give some of you leniency in your misunderstanding since you are FPS gamers and character creation is well, usually non-existent. We were/are mostly mmo gamers though where character creation and customization is always a large feature of the game. It takes a conscious decision for a guy to sit down and dress himself up like a barbie and while I wouldn’t label those people as mentally insane or lock them away with child molesters, it is still kinda weird and I think Matriarch summed it up best:

(DarkangelUK) #56

I guess being an fps gamer, the whole dressing any type of char up and pretending to be someone else is lost on me. I play a game to play a game, my little polygonal structure used to interpret my mouse and keyboard commands into in-game actions is just that… and certainly not something I feel should be representing me as a person in a virtual world. It all sounds weird tbh… but again each to their own, as long as you’re having fun that’s all that matters :slight_smile:

(Atavax) #57

lmao 10 chars

(Joe999) #58

i like to make profiles too. so from:

and

You’ve gotta be at least 18 years old, have a good sense of humor, a big set of balls and of course be willing to obey our charter outlined above. Ventrilo and a working mic are also a must.

i get that you have problems with your hidden homosexuality. the fixation on virtual persons is somehow odd, but who am i to judge. i think you put too much meaning into that. also, you don’t like if people look at females, but do like if they look at males. and you don’t like if other gay men dress as women. but if you want them to tolerate you, you should learn to be more open minded as well. let me tell you, it is not a problem. it is totally okay to be gay. everyone has their fetish.

(Atavax) #59

also, lmao at murder herd not allowing people to play the opposite sex. I have experience in MMO’s, and their rule is total bs. For example, female charecters in MMOs sometimes get harassed by stupid nerds trying to flirt with a girl; so i know plenty of girls that play male characters to avoid this harassment. 2nd, everyone here imagine while playing a game, you have to stare at an ass when you play the game for hours on end. i don’t think its anything bad if you would prefer to look at an ass of the opposite sex, and thats the excuse i’ve heard many times with people having their character the opposite sex as them; if given the choice of staring at a image of a male ass for 20 hours a week or an image of a female ass for 20 hours a week, i think a lot of reasonable a mature guys would choose the latter. 3rd sometimes a specific sex just makes sense for a specific class or race. the plate armor might look better on a female elf then a male elf for example. 4th, if someone in their guild ever obsessed about the look of their charecter, they could easily just kick them out of the guild, so using the precaution of not allowing anyone to create a toon of the opposite sex is unnecessary. 5th, lol at a guild that gets bothered so easily by such a trivial thing.

(coolstory) #60

[QUOTE=Conq;253120].

I can understand how you feel about small competitive squads filled only with l334 d00ds though, when your life is in the gutter, online competition is a lot more important right? I don’t judge someone on how much of their real life they sacrifice to be good in a video game, most of the time we do win but winning isn’t the point. It’s having fun. We pick people who are fun, funny and laid back… and who happen to play their own gender.

Get over it kiddo :)[/QUOTE]

No because playing against other high caliber players with real life friends who all go to the same university is fun. However, your real life must be great and you’re not compensating for being a total loser in life by wanting the need to feel like ur the “leader” of a clan and making characters, invading kingdoms with your hordlings in a video game. But what do us comp. 1337 players know, we have no life.