Murder Herd recruiting for Brink PC

(Conq) #21

[QUOTE=brutt01d;252968]Anyone xplain why recruit X months before game is released?

Say, someone gets recruited now. So what do you guys do in the meanwhile for the next X months? Plan tacs & strats for the non-existing maps? Train your fingers? Practice tbags? Or mutual wanking? I don’t get it :)[/QUOTE]

You’re missing out on the social aspect of clans then, we hang out, troll on our massive forum, play other games like BFBC2, SC2 and Bloodline Champions and occasionally do drinking games on vent while watching movies simultaneously. Mutual wanking does play a big role though.

Passing the time between games has never been much a problem for us.

(Senethro) #22

But the gender of your account is a problem?

Are you an uptight American or just had your chatlogs posted in the past?

(Conq) #23

[QUOTE=Senethro;252993]But the gender of your account is a problem?

Are you an uptight American or just had your chatlogs posted in the past?[/QUOTE]

Again with the gender thing? I thought I answered that question already. It won’t matter in Brink and doesn’t in most FPS games but in mmo games we prefer our members playing their real gender and in the few years since our creation our 800+ members haven’t had a problem with it.

The reason we started this rule is because my girlfriend (and I) think it’s pathetic for guys to play female characters in video games. In most cases they are just sex starved children who will jerk off to anything. Here is part of an interview a gaming site did on us a few years back and her reply.

Jube: As a female gamer, does cross-dressing bother you at all? Do you think character cross-dressing will be more prevalent in Age of Conan due to the female model nudity?

Matriarch: Ah, the age old question. Does cross dressing in an MMO count as gender bending? My opinion: yes, yes it does you perv. There are lots of lame “macho” excuses out there – I get better swag as a chick; It’s demoralizing to my opponents to get their asses kicked by a girl; and my personal favorite, I’d rather look at a hot pixilly female ass than gross boy butt. So here’s my take on the subject as it pertains to the Herd: If you’re not manly enough to stare at big muscle-bound, bronzed, Barbarian Buns ™ all day and still feel secure in the orientation of the equipment between your legs than you, sir, are no kind of man.

:slight_smile:

(Gogeku) #24

Good luck with the search guys!:slight_smile:

(Senethro) #25

I don’t normally use this kind of language, but this just looks like irrational hatred of men who associate themselves with anything feminine.

“Gender-bending” “than you, sir, are no kind of man.”

Really?

You’re trying to pass it off as a normal thing to have this rule but the fact that you care about it so hard comes off as slightly creepy. It shouldn’t be a big deal, so why make it one? What are you hiding?

(Nail) #26

To actually give a snit about this makes me wonder, what are you hiding?

if a Sepioteuthis lessoniana lives under a bridge, is it a troll ?

(Chesh) #27

Just because it’s not a “normal” rule that every clan under the sun has doesn’t mean it’s not a useful rule. Play many MMOs?

What about clans that have a “no one under 17 years old” rule. It “shouldn’t be a big deal” that kids want to play too. Clans have this rule to keep annoying kids out. We have our rule to keep annoying creepers out.

Also,
:stroggbanana:
Just wanted to use that Smiley.

(Matriarch) #28

[QUOTE=Senethro;253033]I don’t normally use this kind of language, but this just looks like irrational hatred of men who associate themselves with anything feminine.

Really?

You’re trying to pass it off as a normal thing to have this rule but the fact that you care about it so hard comes off as slightly creepy. It shouldn’t be a big deal, so why make it one? What are you hiding?[/QUOTE]

Why hello there! Yeah, this gender thing always seems to come up at least once in all our recruiting posts. As the resident man hating she-bitch, I’ll take the reigns on this one.

It always strikes me as incredibly ironic that, because of this policy, the Herd is assumed to be, as you put it, “slightly creepy” or otherwise homophobic of “feminine” dudes considering the sheer amount of bromances and homo-erotic man love that so pervades the Herd. I assure you, this policy is pretty much just there to keep out the incredibly sad basement dwelling ubernerds one so often sees in MMOs jerking it to some naked, dancing pixels. The Herd is a mature (in some areas) guild that spends most of it’s time drinking, singing earsplittingly horrible renditions of Don’t Stop Believing over vent, and indiscriminately murdering **** in various games. The absolute last thing any of us wants is to hear some obnoxious nerdling on vent nasally appraising his characters jiggly tits when he does some sexy emote. We’d much rather our obnoxious nerdlings to figure out ways to make his character give handy-js.

Besides, it’s not like this policy will even affect any but the ladies of Brink and, unfortunately, we are few and far between. Ce la vie; I’m sure playing a beefcake will be even more fun than the big titted bitches of so many other games.

(Matriarch) #29

[QUOTE=Senethro;253033]I don’t normally use this kind of language, but this just looks like irrational hatred of men who associate themselves with anything feminine.

Really?

You’re trying to pass it off as a normal thing to have this rule but the fact that you care about it so hard comes off as slightly creepy. It shouldn’t be a big deal, so why make it one? What are you hiding?[/QUOTE]

Why hello there! Yeah, this gender thing always seems to come up at least once in all our recruiting posts. As the resident man hating she-bitch, I’ll take the reins on this one.

It always strikes me as incredibly ironic that, because of this policy, the Herd is assumed to be, as you put it, “slightly creepy” or otherwise homophobic of “feminine” dudes considering the sheer amount of bromances and homo-erotic man love that so pervades the Herd. I assure you, this policy is pretty much just there to keep out the incredibly sad basement dwelling ubernerds one so often sees in MMOs jerking it to some naked, dancing pixels. The Herd is a mature (in some areas) guild that spends most of it’s time drinking, singing earsplittingly horrible renditions of Don’t Stop Believing over vent, and indiscriminately murdering **** in various games. The absolute last thing any of us wants is to hear some obnoxious nerdling on vent nasally appraising his characters jiggly tits when he does some sexy emote.

Besides, it’s not like this policy will even affect any but the ladies of Brink and, unfortunately, we are few and far between. Ce la vie; I’m sure playing a beefcake will be even more fun than the big titted bitches of so many other games.

(Nail) #30

singing earsplittingly horrible renditions of Don't Stop Believing over vent

my kind of people

btw, it`s reins, not reigns

(Matriarch) #31

[QUOTE=Nail;253048]singing earsplittingly horrible renditions of Don't Stop Believing over vent

my kind of people

btw, it`s reins, not reigns[/QUOTE]

You’re right! I am sufficiently ashamed of myself :frowning:

(Ryuuou) #32

I’m sold all over again.

(DarkangelUK) #33

Aw dammit, i can’t play Chun Li even again cos I’ll be pathetic :frowning: I better stay away from all beat-em ups then, I don’t want to be pathetic! To console myself, I’ll judge people from the safety of the internet… that’s not pathetic at all.

(Kinjal) #34

Fill the questionnaire please

Clan name:
Web page:
Info: (short)
Members: (only for Brink segment)

(.Chris.) #35

Seems bit a of silly rule and bit of a silly excuse, ‘my gf said so’ but it’s your clan at end of day and by sounds of it you been around for a while now so it seems to work for the sort of players your clan attracts.

Good look with Brink recruitment anyway.

(Apples) #36

So basically If I’m a man I cant play with female caracters on Brink!

oh wai…

(Conq) #37

[QUOTE=.Chris.;253070]Seems bit a of silly rule and bit of a silly excuse, ‘my gf said so’ but it’s your clan at end of day and by sounds of it you been around for a while now so it seems to work for the sort of players your clan attracts.

Good look with Brink recruitment anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, at the end of the day it just comes down to nerd profiling. Mentioning the fact that she thought it up seems to help people understand though, most male gamers have no contact with the female gender outside of the speaker-box at a McDonald’s drive through. They don’t really take into consideration how retarded it must look to female gamers when guys roll female characters and shake their e-tits in an e-pub for e-money. We’ve always attracted quite a few lady gamers and suspect that rule is a big reason why.

(DarkangelUK) #38

So secretly it’s a pimping method to make sure you get as much females as possible without being duped, it’s all so clear now :wink:

(Sharangir) #39

[QUOTE=Senethro;252993]But the gender of your account is a problem?

Are you an uptight American or just had your chatlogs posted in the past?[/QUOTE]

I use American as an insult, I’m so cool now.

This doesnt apply to games where there is only one gender for certain classes/skillsets/movesets.
Otherwise our female members are not allowed to play Brink, because there’s only male characters.

(DarkangelUK) #40

You do know how middle ages you’re sounding right now, right? I’m curious, what do you see is the underlying reason for a male choosing a female char? Seems the predominant reason is ‘sexual’ since the word ‘pathetic’ was used.