More Custom Campaign Questions.

(sereNADE) #1

Hey, I have found some excellent material in these threads for creating custom campaigns. I also see that etqwpro and qwta are almost always recommended to be installed on the server when loading custom maps. I would like to create a campaign with the rotation of 2 stock maps and 1 custom map using the vanilla game (no mods). Is it possible and do I need to install the stock maps again alongside the custom maps to fit the campaign script?

(timestart) #2

The main problem with using the vanilla game with custom maps is that if the map uses a custom MegaTexture (terrain), players downloading the map from the server will have to extract the MegaTexture manually or they’ll get solid black terrain in-game (or they’ll get kicked for “Invalid image data” if someone else has working terrain).

Stock maps and custom ones can co-exist just fine on a server. You just need to add the map’s .pk4 file to the server, create a campaign .pk4 with your custom campaigns in it, configure auto-download and run your custom campaign as the first one in the map cycle (so it gets the server restart out of the way before players connect).

(sereNADE) #3

Hey, thanks for the reply! You are right, when spawning on a stock campaign with the custom.pk4 file also in rotation I got black megatexture. Is it recommended to use promod then?

(sereNADE) #4

so, now, in the custom campaign script zzz_whatever.pk4, how do I join 2 stock maps with 1 custom? will the stock map names suffice without having to move any more files?

(timestart) #5

Yeah you just need to name the stock maps in the campaign definition.