MOD in progress

(reaply) #41

I don’t want Warsow I want ET cell shaded it’s not the same. :tongue:

Another small idea would be to make when you are laying down, you can actually go threw small holes instead of an invisible wall :wink:

(hellreturn) #42

[QUOTE=stealth6;228175]…

lol, for instance on BFBC2 I get into a helicopter and wait for my friends to get in (fyi I can’t steer a helicopter :D) We take off and after some dodgy flying crash 100 meters further :smiley: laughing on TS etc… it’s great fun.
But you have to give it a chance,…
.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. BC2 is super fun despite of server/lag issues.

Back on topic:

1. Would like to see TDM of COD4.
  2. Some new guns.
  3. New HUD with easy stats.
  4. Fix all security loop holes.
  5. Good hitbox and anti lag.
  6. May be add some inbuilt anti cheat stuff.
  7. Good admin system like jaymod.

Rest is up to you.

(Shownie) #43

Hello hellreturn,

Really appreciate that you share your ideas!
The TDM is a very good option and are in consideration.

New guns will not appear in the first versions of the MOD, sadly :frowning:
A new HUD is in progress, still yet on the drawingboard :tongue:

The Hitboxes is atm etpro like but is going to be improved alot, smaller hitboxes for harder target! Antilag stuff is not in our experience but we are working on something.

Anit cheat :confused: I think we leave that to PB :rolleyes:

And well, shrubbot was out of the picture at the very start of this project, what maybe will be done is a shrubot like system with only real admin commands, no fun ones.

Again, I appreciate all of your ideas and suggestions etc! It really helps :slight_smile:
If you have more, just post them :cool:

(stealth6) #44

well xp save is also a must, but optional ofc, also lua support.
and maybe you could make more hitbox ptions since for a pub server smal hitboxes suck!

also it would be nice if your admin system supported custom commands

also as said an AC would be pretty cool, bu understandable if it’s not possible.
Also +1 for TDM, and I’d like FFA too! (free for all) That would be awesome!

(nukits) #45

Yeah i agree with Stealth :stuck_out_tongue: FFA would be super in ET and special maps for this :slight_smile:

(Shownie) #46

OMG Fre For All is a super great idea!!!

XP Save is optional, it is needed for some of our features, so recomended to be ON!
If XP Save is disable you wont be able to fully use the whole MOD :slight_smile:

The plans for the new Hitboxes are to fit them better to the body, it will make it harder to hit the player, but as our MOD is made in a way you should learn and be better, thats a good option.

I am currently not working on the admin system, just some speculations, probably it will represent a new referee system, but like shrubbot. (Not sure yet :rolleyes: )

I don’t think LUA will be supported, the less add-ons, the better and clear. According to me thats just a mess, with all the plug-ins etc… The MOD should be its own and not addicted to other things. :tongue:

And here follows a question to all ETPlayers:
Is there a interest in a new Soundpack? And I am not talking about an extra soundpack, I am talking about a replacement of the old one with a new one. Probably a smaller.

So tell me what you think :slight_smile:

(reaply) #47

I would rather have lua supported than new sound files. A pack of new sound files are going to be around 20mb+ where as lua is a small KB difference, and give you a more stronger and better code.

(stealth6) #48

the implementation of lua is because eventaully you will stop developing the mod, enabling lua lets other people continue the development after you are gone.

As for a soundpack, I’d say leave it the way it is for the most part, BUT definately update it.
What I mean by this is that there are lots of sounds in ET, that are not in the vsay menu. These can be implemented under the numbers that aren’t used yet.

This is only a 2kb script (I’ve done it once but I don’t know where the files are)
The sounds I mean are for instance:
FTrevive
FThealsquad
FTattack?

Not sure on the names but they say stuff like “Heal the squad” “Revive me” “Attack!” “Fallback” “Infiltrate”

Something that might be interesting that I have seen on a server was to make the incoming bigger
so normally you say v14 = “incoming”, but on that server you could say v141, this was “incoming North”
v142 = “Incoming East” etc…

Oh, one the you should NOT do is add sounds in a different language like in MW2, or some ET sound mods.
It adds to the realism sure, but it absolute **** for the gameplay

EDIT: also if you could make VOIP in ET, that would be even better, but I fear it’s not possible with only the SDK

(IndyJones) #49

i don’t know what are ur coding skills, i dont know if this mod will be ever finished, or if its going to have enough (and well written) features, but don’t work on a soundpack. only make a sounds for new features, for example if u re going to have global killing streak - then make an option to enable certain sound.

personally i’d like to see call of duty style weapon upgrades and selection, with perks. this isn’t really hard to write, i think u would have to spend more time on a layout of it, but u could possibly make it like a voice chat menu. that would be a killer.

(reaply) #50

[QUOTE=IndyJones;228546]i don’t know what are ur coding skills, i dont know if this mod will be ever finished, or if its going to have enough (and well written) features, but don’t work on a soundpack. only make a sounds for new features, for example if u re going to have global killing streak - then make an option to enable certain sound.

personally i’d like to see call of duty style weapon upgrades and selection, with perks. this isn’t really hard to write, i think u would have to spend more time on a layout of it, but u could possibly make it like a voice chat menu. that would be a killer.[/QUOTE]

Jeezzzzzzzzzzz let’s just play Call Of Duty why don’t we?

(IndyJones) #51

no, let’s just change the hud, make a soundpack, add lua support and abandon the mod.

why? is it so wrong, that i want to play et-class/obj based game with features from other games, that has been tested by gazilion of players and have been prooved that are simply… nice?

(reaply) #52

I’m just tired of the CoD mods.

(IndyJones) #53

what do u mean by cod mods? minimods that changes models?

what kind of features (gameplay features, forget about weapons) we have in any mod anyway?

• double jump
  • pretending that u re dead
  • reviving without being medic

… and that’s it?

(falcon et is way too bugged to really consider it’s features)

(Shownie) #54

Why does it always get intense when IndyJones is in the building :confused:
So what if he likes CoD, I do too…

Everyone is free to post their ideas, just because an idea is posted it doesn’t mean they will end up in this MOD.

Yeah, a soundpack is maybe not so great idea… But as you said Stealth, it could be improved/fixed or whatever :wink:

We do not really want to add LUA support, because it will change the MOD and then they can keep playing other mods wuth LUA… sorry :mad:

@ IndyJones: I personally do not (I repeat, do not) like comments like: " i dont know if this mod will be ever finished"!
That doesn’t make us feel good in any way, share your ideas and opinions, as long as they trigger us to keep doing our work, but comments like that is just very unnessacery!!!

You have no idea about how much we have done, or even WHAT we have done :eek:

We do not share everything at this very moment, because we know there are people willing to steal ideas and maybe features we have made. Time will tell when we will reveal our features and misc stuff.

And I maybe didn’t tell you before, but I do it now: This MOD is going to etmain like but with some minor improvements and new features! This is not Jaymod, NQ or any other of that kind of MOD.

We want to keep it simply but still powerfull, a small MOD, with big features :slight_smile:

(-IronMonkey-) #55

go go go …
thumb up for Shownie !!!

(Shownie) #56

[QUOTE=-IronMonkey-;228559]go go go …
thumb up for Shownie !!![/QUOTE]

:smiley:

I have now talked to stealth about this VoIP!
Seams to me it could be a good option :slight_smile: still not clear about but…

What do you guys think of it? :slight_smile:

(Undead_fly) #57

[QUOTE=IndyJones;228552]
what kind of features (gameplay features, forget about weapons) we have in any mod anyway?

• double jump
  • pretending that u re dead
  • reviving without being medic

… and that’s it?

(falcon et is way too bugged to really consider it’s features)[/QUOTE]
Clearly, you’ve never played in unmodded ET. :stuck_out_tongue: Many trivial gameplay features that players now consider standard, come from mods, like hitsounds and player shoving. Other features supported by all the popular mods (AFAIK) includes things like opening doors silently, throwing knives, expsave and omnibot support. Add the things you mentioned, and you have a massive amount of work already.

And don’t forget all the security fixes to prevent morons from hacking/crashing your server the second it comes online, and the long lists of extra server customizations any admin expects. Not to mention a proper admin system, I don’t think many server admins will be happy with only rcon and referee to control their servers with.

And once you have most of those things (Or at least the most important ones), you need to come up with, and make, some unique features for your own mod. This is the most important part: The unique features must be innovative and fun enough (And of course stable and bug-free) so that admins will actually want to leave the stable, bug-free and feature-rich mod they are most likely using already, and use your mod instead.

My point is, making a mod requires an immense amount of work. ET has been modded nonstop for seven years, and the demands are high. They can probably get the code (Or at least help) for a lot of things from other modmakers, but they’ll have to do a lot of things on their own as well, especially when it comes to their unique features.

And that’s also my advice to you guys who are making this mod: Make it unique, make something big that no one else has done before, otherwise no one will play it. To the people just suggesting bugfixes and “subtle” changes: It’s already been there for five years, and it’s called etpro. No one wants a mod that adds nothing new. (Again, look at etpro, no one uses it for anything except competitions and training for them anymore) As for exactly what features I’d like to see… I don’t know. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to see something brand new. :smiley:

(B0RG) #58

mmm… sorry if I interrupt but… might I have a son of yours?

(Shownie) #59

Undead, I like what you said!
And I am keeping that in my mind!

But I still tell you guys, you don’t know how much or how less we have done so far :slight_smile:

Ps
Undead, your post was really something I was waiting for … but never thought would come oO.
Ds

(reaply) #60

I was just saying CoD stuff is being added too much. We already have one from scen (of course some stolen stuff but w/e) and one from Cambo coming soon.

Person Note: Can’t wait to see the presents you are hiding in the closet for us to find upon release. I can’t really imagine anything else for right now except a gravity gun that you guys have coded to control gravity/ time/ space etc. So, bravo. You get my kudos.