Merc Request: Mike McScrub

(K1X455) #1

Following my post here, I guess this guy deserves a place in Dirty Bomb more than anyone else who is a die-hard fan of a gun play only. As for Splash Damage, this one doesn’t require a lot of creativity at all, but still, the utility of this merc is somewhat a filler for a niche role of a player who relies mostly on gunplay and this should be SD’s first and foremost answer to players who complain about skill dependent mercs in Dirty Bomb

Primary: M4, Crotzni, Grandeur SR
Secondary: M9, Smjuth & Whetsman, Selbstadt .40
Melee: Kukri, Beckhil Combat Knife, Cricket Bat

Augments on Default Loadout: Extra Supplies, Unshakable, Tough

Health = 100
Movement = 430
Support = 2/5
Objective = 2/5

All those who are lateral thinkers, kindly request this merc to be included in the next patch.

Why not have pre-made squads?
(TheStrangerous) #2

They did say 4 mercs this year…

After Hunter it’s 3 mercs this year.
But there are only 2 merc groups with 4 mercs so far.

That mean Scrubby will be last 3rd unreleased merc, THE FINAL MERC OF DB!
THE ULTIMATE CONCLUSION…
He is literally the beginning (as seen in Scrubs Trailer) and the end of DB…

By the way, I think his nationality is Moresnet.
So technically he’s a native Esperanto speaker!

(K1X455) #3

@TheStrangerous said:
They did say 4 mercs this year…

After Hunter it’s 3 mercs this year.
But there are only 2 merc groups with 4 mercs so far.

That mean Scrubby will be last 3rd unreleased merc, THE FINAL MERC OF DB!
THE ULTIMATE CONCLUSION…
He is literally the beginning (as seen in Scrubs Trailer) and the end of DB…

This should make up for the lateness of Hunter. He should be out as soon as his high poly model is done.

(watsyurdeal) #4

Use as a stand in for players in Execution, there, we have a CS GO like economy. Buy the merc you want that round, most abilities don’t regen

(TheStrangerous) #5

@watsyurdeal said:
Use as a stand in for players in Execution, there, we have a CS GO like economy. Buy the merc you want that round, most abilities don’t regen

And potential Battle Royale, if SD becomes so desperate :smiley:

(watsyurdeal) #6

I might actually make a thread about it, and it will get downvoted by the 15 people who played execution.

(K1X455) #7

Can someone help come up with other different loadouts for McScrub?

Rules:

1. You have to use Primary, Secondary or Melee weapons based on what was posted here originally (no other weapons allowed)
  2. You can only change Augments based on his ability to supply mini ammo/medpacks so no useless augments like Explodydendron, Bigger Blasts, Steady, etc.

Examples:

M49 Rifleman (default loadout)

Primary: M4
Secondary: M9
Melee: Kukri

Augment 1: Extra Supplies
Augment 2: Unshakable
Augment 3: Tough

CR65 Operative

Primary: Crotzni
Secondary: Smjuth & Whetsman
Melee: Beckhill Combat Knife

Augment 1: Focus
Augment 2: Drilled
Augment 3: Double Time

G81 Sniper

Primary: Grandeur SR
Secondary: Selbstadt .40
Melee: Cricket Bat

Augment 1: Quick Eye
Augment 2: Chopper
Augment 3: Mechanic

(TheStrangerous) #8

@TheStrangerous said:

Then “The Jack Off All Mercs” would have 1/5 of each 5 “groupsese’s” power.
Repair/defuse just as fast as that augment.
Revive just as fast as that augment for medics.
Have generic AR, Burst and Semi as primary.
Have generic semi, pistol, automatic as secondary.
Have generic small, medium and long melee.
Main ability being the ammo/med belt combo.

I’m certain they’ll add a merc like that.

“Average at everything, good at nothing”. Yep, sums up education perfectly! :smiley:

Sad, but possibly true.
He might be the new free merc for beginners, so they could try out every gameplay mechanic in one merc.

(K1X455) #9

@TheStrangerous said:

“Average at everything, good at nothing”. Yep, sums up education perfectly! :smiley:

Sad, but possibly true.
He might be the new free merc for beginners, so they could try out every gameplay mechanic in one merc.

The point is, he’s all about gunplay; his playstyle is basic bread and butter of FPS and just addresses the niche role of not having abilities that can be used as a crutch. I’d thought his name would be a bit cliche for what he does

(TheStrangerous) #10

@K1X455 said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Sad, but possibly true.

The point is, he’s all about gunplay; his playstyle is basic bread and butter of FPS and just addresses the niche role of not having abilities that can be used as a crutch. I’d thought his name would be a bit cliche for what he does

Fair point.
Instead of spamming superpower, BECOME THE SUPERPOWER YOURSELF!

I like it!

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #11

Someone suggested giving him the ability to drop small ammo and health packs, I like that idea.

(K1X455) #12

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:
Someone suggested giving him the ability to drop small ammo and health packs, I like that idea.

That’s all his ability … mini ammo and medpacks

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #13

Hello.

Pretty sure his primary weapon would be BR-16. That’s kinda obvious since he holds one in Scrubs trailer and so far we didn’t have merc with this weapon as standard. The one in the trailer has supressor and some scope so it would be awesome if he was released along with cosmetic attachments that are planned according to recent “Ask the Devs”.

It would be interesting to see such all-around merc. How about that:

-Active: Ammo pack (max ammount=1) - aka fire support-ish merc
-Active: EMP grenade (40 sec CD) - aka assault/recon-ish merc
-Passive: 70% faster revive (3 sec) - aka medic-ish merc
-Passive: 30% faster engineering (5 sec to arm/disarm like mechanic augment) - aka engineer-ish

I kinda disagree about suggested weapons. Scrubby seems to be peacemaker, right? So I’d expect him to use modern special force weapons, not 100 year old M1 Garand analogue or 50 year old castrated Russian rifle (Crotzni real weapon isn’t actually SMG, but the rifle designed to do SMG role). Sad to break rules @K1X455 but I will suggest my own weapons.

Here’s 3 weapon types for all-around game play:
-Shotgun for close combat: Hollunds
-SMG for mid range: Kek or Hochfir
-Burst rifle for somewhat long range: BR-16

Secondary:
-M9
-Simeon
-Tolen

Melee:
-Bechil
-Axe
-BatoonsKukri

Ofc Br-16/M9/Bechil as standard for this merc. Such ability and weapon choice would let a lot of creativity for load out. For example you may add Mechanic and turn Scrub into engineer-like merc; or put extra ammo+extra supplies+recharge for ammo packs and EMP grenade to turn him into fire supporter; Here’s example:

(henki000) #14

Hmm we all have our own opinion of Sir George McScrubber’s loadouts. Here is mine:

M4, Selbstadt. 40, Beckhill - Big Ears, Potent Packs, Focus
M4, M9, Batons - Mechanic, Sneaky, Untrackable
M4, Caulden, Stiletto - Spares, Quick Eye, Guardian Angel

BR-16, M9, Stiletto - Double Time, Drilled, Cool
BR-16, Selbstad. 40, Batons - Armour Piercing, Bomb Squad, Extra ammo
BR-16, Caulden, Beckhill - Tough, Quick Slash, Pineapple Juggler

Hochfir, Caulden, Batons - Looter, Flying Pig, Extra Supplies
Hochfir, M9, Beckhill - Chopper, Unshakeable, Enigma
Hochfir, Selbstadt. 40, Stiletto - Try Hard, Springy, Extra Supplies

Health: 100
Speed: 400
Small health pack and small ammo pack. Cost 10 000 credits or 1€ on barracks. Only available after level 10.

(TheStrangerous) #15

You know, here’s a REALLY SHOCKING IDEA:

! Instead of giving him ANY ABILITY, replace his secondaries with SMGs!
! RAW POWER FTW!

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #16

nvm

(K1X455) #17

Oh BTW,

Mate suggested that he has passive ability : He can’t take damage from the head because he has a helmet :stuck_out_tongue:

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #18

@K1X455 said:
Oh BTW,

Mate suggested that he has passive ability : He can’t take damage from the head because he has a helmet :stuck_out_tongue:

In that Thunder, Arty and Phoenix would have same ability.

But I’d rather not go for such cosmetic dependable ability or we’ll have to consider Stoker’s immunity to gas tunnel, Proxy/Red eye half-cut vision or Fletcher to recover faster from flashbang.

Not to mention some skins may have a completely different appearance. Fragger has helmet in founders pack and Arty doesn’t have one in obsidian pack.

(K1X455) #19

@SiwaonaDaphnewen Yeah, but all mercs you mentioned has other abilities besides other things.

(LifeupOmega) #20

@K1X455 said:

CR65 Operative

Primary: Crotzni
Secondary: Smjuth & Whetsman
Melee: Beckhill Combat Knife

Augment 1: Focus
Augment 2: Drilled
Augment 3: Double Time

Please don’t ruin a good card with DT. I’d honestly play this merc a ton just for this loadout but with Unshake/Tough instead of DT.