MEGA On The Brink Guide (Playability, tricks, tips)

(xTriXxy) #21

hey mafia guy, less talk and more play!

(xdc) #22

hey dom, i sent you a PM, please read :smiley:

best regards from etqw

(xTriXxy) #23

:stroggtapir:[QUOTE=xdc;313349]hey dom, i sent you a PM, please read :smiley:

best regards from etqw[/QUOTE]

etqw? i dont believe he was good at etqw. only 1 guy made me worry, nefilav. good opponent. (greets to ESM clan)

(dommafia) #24

etqw? i dont believe he was good at etqw. only 1 guy made me worry, nefilav. good opponent.[/QUOTE]

xDDDDDDDDD I need to get help more people enjoy the game so i have more bodies to kill :stroggbanana:

(xTriXxy) #25

LOL

ok. bets in.
:tongue:
prepare for defeat!

(dommafia) #26

Updated:

Added VIDEO medic tutorial
added OPERATIVE guide from Brink Reddit
added BRINKKIT config tool link from reddit.

(mukmuk) #27

Nice guide and link collection, thanks!

(dommafia) #28

Update:

*Added Jess Along’s chokepoint busting guide
*Adeed link to the config that will give u the highest fps possible

(dommafia) #29

updated:

*added the cvar that lets you skip all map intros - no more need to “press any key” or click “skip intro” It just goes straight into the map :slight_smile:

g_loadScreenWait "0"

(r3fleX) #30

Thanks alot dom, i thought i had a pretty detailed cfg, looks like a missed 1 or 2 cvars, this has been really helpful :slight_smile:

(AnthonyDa) #31

Are you sure that this is the fastest cfg possible?

Somebody even managed to remove the glow from the game!
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541768821573830206/1C6599A0302C64782185BF7909D0472587428B64/

(H8tz) #32

I have a question about the net_clientprediction cvar. Have you or anyone else experimented with it a bit?
(Would do it myself, but my PC is currently unable to manage BRINK…)
I remember I got better hitdetection in ETQW for low values. How ist it in BRINK?

(Scrupus) #33

wow thanks dom - been looking for a way to skip those for some time!! :slight_smile:

:stroggbanana:

(xTriXxy) #34

i have official brink guide. there is all what brink player need to know. even step by step "smart actions. i mean,. press “left , then forward… and so on”
all is inbrinkforum.com

anyway., traffic dropped from 2000+ per day to 100 in average a

do you realy think, this guide is a most wanted stuff?

i dont think so,

(dommafia) #35

[QUOTE=xTriXxy;321285]i have official brink guide. there is all what brink player need to know. even step by step "smart actions. i mean,. press “left , then forward… and so on”
all is inbrinkforum.com

anyway., traffic dropped from 2000+ per day to 100 in average a

do you realy think, this guide is a most wanted stuff?

i dont think so,[/QUOTE]

wtf are u on about? Weren’t you the one that posted about losing your server due to overwhelming bandwidth because of all the visitors? anyway what does you not making ad money have to do with this thread?

(stealth6) #36

Here’s an interesting tip

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27396

(Seze) #37

[QUOTE=dommafia;320963]updated:

*added the cvar that lets you skip all map intros - no more need to “press any key” or click “skip intro” It just goes straight into the map :slight_smile:

g_loadScreenWait "0"

[/QUOTE]

Weird, doesn’t work for me (yet). :confused:

Is it a server-side cvar that has to be set by server admins? Just tried different online servers and still have to skip the intros manually.

(dommafia) #38

[QUOTE=Seze;323162]Weird, doesn’t work for me (yet). :confused:

Is it a server-side cvar that has to be set by server admins? Just tried different online servers and still have to skip the intros manually.[/QUOTE]

hmm it’s working for me :open_mouth:

Can anyone else chime in on this?

(Mr E Unknown) #39

The first “loading screen” will still appear, but it won’t wait for user input once the loading is complete (if you change the setting of g_loadScreenWait).

The second “intro movie” for the map, however, still requires user input.

I’m in two minds as to whether or not changing g_loadScreenWait from the default is behind the cause of a 10+ FPS drop; I’ve only been noticing this post the recent patch so it could be something completely unrelated (more testing required).

(Seze) #40

Double checked it now and still no consistent behavior. :confused:

Starting a campaign on local machine now skips the loading screen, but not the intro sequence.

Playing online (connected to several servers) results in:
a) skipping everything
b) skipping loading screen only
c) skipping nothing

For the moment, it seems to be server dependent somehow. Maybe someone can clarify this a bit? :slight_smile: