Looking for some people for small project (Tribes for ETQW)

(kilL_888) #1

hey guys,

i am thinking about a little modding project i would like to realize for a while now and figured why not start a topic about it and ask people if they are interested in helping me realizing this.

what i want to do is very easily described. i want to create a “tribes” mod for etqw. i want to add jetpacks, i want to add frictionless skiing on terrain.

but i would like to add a little twist. while tribes is focused around ctf, i want to move the focus more to indoor fighting. something like the generator room in tribes ascend but as primary objective. maybe plant explosives on a door before blowing **** up, i don’t know yet.

to start i would just like to simulate the physics in etqw. i tried to remove friction per console (pm_friction). actually i put it on a key as a toggle command to switch it to 4 (default), 0 and some negative values. it doesn’t work as expected though. removing friction and standing on a 45° surface doesn’t make you slide down. some values result in some crazy movement speed on flat surfaces.

so, of course i need someone who knows a little something about coding and scripting etqw.

i’m also looking for someone who is capable of creating a outdoor environment+megatexture.

i personally will do the indoor stuff and other environment assets that might be required. i’m basicly the leveldesigner/environment artist. or, i know how to use the radiant. :slight_smile:

that’s it for the start.

i hope to find some interested people, i hope that it’s possible at all to simulate tribes physics in etqw and i’m looking forward to your replies.

(.Chris.) #2

There is already a Tribes mod for ET:QW called Twars.http://www.twars.org/

(kilL_888) #3

good stuff man. downloading it now. maybe i can help those guys expand the mod if they are still working on it.

will report back here and tell you what i think about the mod…

sadly, not quite what i was looking for. the jetpacks don’t have any oomph, they almost feel identical to the strogg jetpack device. way too much falling damage, almost no directional control and skiing is on one button with jump. so, you jump all the time in order to ski down a hill.

(Donnovan) #4

Deconstructing the ETQW Tribes Myth!

I waited that for 100 years! I am free!

Hey Chris! Life have those things!

Heeeeya Habboo!

(kilL_888) #5

hi again. don’t understand this donnovan, is this some kind of inside joke? :slight_smile:

anyways… i was re-thinking my idea a bit and just want to implement a jetpack in etqw that replaces your jump.

can someone tell me how to do this or is someone able to actually do this? jetpacks are so much fun and i just want to create something fun to use them with.

(taw_m0nsta) #6

I suppose you could modify the icarus to allow normal weapons to be used. There are tons of settings to make it possible to fly to the moon with an icarus. Then build a model for a GDF icarus. Susefreak once made a little script to shoot with normal weapons from a husky…

I once tried to change the gravity, friction and jump height settings in the BattleStrogg map, so players where able to jump across the little astroids. Which mostly ended up in vacum sell kils, but if i am correct that was because of the map itself.

(maggol) #7

i think it’s will be much better if kill_888 can contact arcanox to improve Tribal Wars mod. if i’m not mistaken, chris is the mapper of tribal wars mod, maybe he can contact arcanox and neolight to revive this mod. i think it’s much better than start another mod based on tribes, just improve or continue the existing one