Let people choose their own teams in public objective?

(wordyStar) #1

Unbelievable. It was already hard to get on your friend’s team or allow people to self-police and self-balance in objective public matches, now it’s impossible.

The result is that 99% of the matches I’ve played are either first objective full holds or super fast landslides. Today I watched bridge go down faster than I have ever seen it.
Stopwatch is too much map back to back, and everyone I know avoids it unless there is a mission, and then we grudgingly play one or two matches to get the mission over with.

Private matches aren’t open to the public and don’t earn $, so hardly ever play them either.
People are now basically moving into spec and wasting the first 2-3 minutes of every game trying to switch teams.
Also, it is insane that people cannot choose a merc loadout for offense or defense anymore, they have to guess and hope or waste several minutes spamming to switch teams with the console command.

Put it back, and consider letting people form parties so they can stay on a single team together even in public objective mode.

(Lissxy) #2

I wish they would come up with a system that allows you to group up with friends so you can join the match together and end up in the same team.

(yummyFan) #3

Not knowing up front if you’re defending or attacking is a huge disadvantage and only results is really crappy unbalanced teams. It’s also going to increase the gap between public and competitive matches as on public you will now start composing your personal team based on “best average” instead of “best attack” or “best defense” composition.

(RyePanda) #4

Well, this poll isn’t biased at all.

Edit: I guess I should give my reasoning. So far the objective matches I have played have been really well balanced and a lot more fun. However, this could be just a placebo effect. Also, I haven’t played with a friend since the update.

(wordyStar) #5

Taking away the ability to choose is rubbing people the wrong way, as the polls here and over on SD are showing.
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/46071-let-people-choose-their-own-teams-and-play-with-their-friends-on-objective-public

Would be interesting to see pre and post patch population and objective match completion stats.

(neverplayseriou) #6

Or you would’ve made an actual non biased poll…

(Gh0st1e) #7

Try being a little less poisonous when you decide to make a poll next time.

(wordyStar) #8

Not sure how the poll is biased. Have you been playing matches?

Every match I’ve played since the patch has had people sitting in spec and trying to switch teams for the first several minutes, usually screwing up balance bad for the first objective.

Then, once those people switch, or people quit and come back to change their loadouts, that leads other people to change their loadouts when all of a sudden there aren’t enough engies or medics.

(jubilantBeam) #9

playing with friends is awfull/painfull/horrible in this game (atm).
everytime when we want to play together - nearly everyday - its always a pain trying to play at the same team (excluding stopwatch).
there isn’t even a formula that goes like:
“hey those guys a friends, lets add a 60% chance they end up in the same team”

(gg2ez) #10

Biased poll is biased.

(3N1GM4) #11

All i got out of this is “I want to pub stomp”

If you want to play with your friends and create parties, play with your friends and create a party… and play competitive.

(crabbyWaltz) #12

They could just let you choose your mercs in the first 30 sec of the match or make a pop up before you enter and load the map asking if you want the mercs you have. I also dislike losing because we only had engineers in our team.

(Hexen) #13

How would you and your friends teaming up in a pub make it less one sided? I’ve never seen anyone switch onto a losing team before much less hanging out in spectator to attempt it.

(advancedRing) #14

[quote=“3N1GM4;94506”]All i got out of this is “I want to pub stomp”

If you want to play with your friends and create parties, play with your friends and create a party… and play competitive.[/quote]

A friend and I have attempted queuing for competitive five different times on five different days at different times:
1:00PM EST on a Saturday
6:50PM EST on a Friday
12:30PM EST on a Sunday
4:00PM EST on a Wednesday
5:15PM EST on a Thursday

Each time, we queued together for five minutes, checking all boxes so that was we would join games regardless of map. By the five minute mark for every single game, we couldn’t queue up into a competitive match.

In comparison, it takes an average of 2 minutes in CS:GO to queue for competitive with map restrictions on Dust II.

There isn’t a large player base for competitive yet. Why should I try hopelessly queuing for a lobby that I know I will never get to?
You can choose teams in CS:GO, you can choose teams in TF2, you can choose whether you want to attack or defend in nearly every game available. Team stacking is a risk in any game, but deliberating making the teams unknown before the start of a game is just frustrating when trying to play with friends or trying to pick a pool of mercs you’d want to play as.

On a side note, it’s far easier to grief if you’ve got a friend on the other team. Find each other on the map, throw three sticky bombs onto your friend, let him go meet his teammates and fun times are to be had.

(Adam) #15

Very biast poll here. I think it should be 100% removed. The balancing system sucks, because it allows people to move. If we removed it, it would have an easier time. 99% of forum qq over unbalancing, is because someone moved, and fucked up all the numbers. It works it the most logical way possible. Best player with the worst, and evenly divide the average. But when the best play moves over, to play with his friends, you get a team of good people, verses a team of average players, and a noob.

(ZombieVirus) #16

I know i voted yes, but now that i actually think about it, its a horrible idea, if players are allowed to pick their teams, then all the best and highest level players would want to be on the same team, and the noobs, or the lowest level players would get stuck in a noob team, and as much fun as that would be for the team with more experienced players, its just wouldest be fun for Dirty Bombs new generation of players.

(Spiraldeath) #17

Problem with that is that Clans could group up and then every public match would be a one-sided landslide. So you get to group with your mate but every time you do your against a team with 4 or 5 clan members on vent well organised playing against that every match would kill the game quicker then the current unbalanced team issues.

Under the OP’s proposal I would delete Dirty Bomb and never look back.

(MTLMortis) #18

Not in my experience, and I play with 2 other friends nightly.

[quote=“wordyStar;18096”]
The result is that 99% of the matches I’ve played are either first objective full holds or super fast landslides. Today I watched bridge go down faster than I have ever seen it.
Stopwatch is too much map back to back, and everyone I know avoids it unless there is a mission, and then we grudgingly play one or two matches to get the mission over with.[/quotee]

Learn to self-regulate for balanced matches then.

Private matches aren’t open to the public and don’t earn $, so hardly ever play them either.
People are now basically moving into spec and wasting the first 2-3 minutes of every game trying to switch teams.[/quote]

In a court of law, this is what we term… speculation.

Also, it is insane that people cannot choose a merc loadout for offense or defense anymore, they have to guess and hope or waste several minutes spamming to switch teams with the console command.[/quote]

This is because you are supposed to make meaningful choices. Being able to take the best defensive and best offensive mercs defeats the purpose of making those choices.

Sure, they should have party formation for pubs, but that should not come at the expense of balanced matches and fair play.

(Occult) #19

sure i want to join a game and see a whole clan on one side and no one on the other, sounds balanced

(SYNERGYWalker) #20

Its annoying to be ‘‘hoping’’ to be in your friends team, instead of just being sure you can play together