K121 playstyle?

(KUST__LunarTM) #41

I think I usually end up just holding down M1 and hoping to get hits. I love the feeling of sending a lot of bullets down range, which is why I love playing with Thunder’s MG <3

(Tanker_Ray) #42

The time when K-121 had 18dmg, it was one of the strongest gun in DB history.

But not only K-121, but machine guns in this game has huge disadvantage over the other guns.

I’ll list what K-121’s problem is.

1.) Bullet/Spread is way too damn high. Machine guns are meant to spray bullets, but you just CAN’T in DB.

K-121’s spread is much better compared to MK.46, considering it’s dmg/bullet, but it is still way too high that you can’t even jump once when you are handling the MG.

Jump shot is absolutely impossible with this gun.

Also, Fast reload cancel can reset your starting spread at least(This is what Drilled Timik, or Crotzni users use.), but like I said before, again, you CAN’T with this reload speed and reload cancel timing.

Problem is BR-16 shoots THREE 17dmg bullet within a click, has much lower dmg, has higher range (29m>27m) than K-121.

2.) 17.5% movement speed decrease.

I know. MGs are meant to be heavy. But this is way too much.

Minigun and Nader’s grenade launcher is -18%.

It’s going to make your Fragger move like a slug, slower than Thunder with AR.

385 x 0.825 = 318

375 x 0.875 = 328 (AR has 12.5% reduction)

3.) Broken ironsight + jolting gun body.

welp this is what you and @Amerika discussed about, but this problem relates to the excessive spread problem.

You must ironsight when you feel the spread is too wide to hit someone, but K-121’s ADS is one of the most horrible thing in DB alongside with Timik ADSing.

This is why I always use mumble whenever I want to enjoy K51 Fragger.

Not even broken ironsight, but the gun just shakes the hell out of your screen that the bouncing ironsight hides the target all the damn time.

So my point of how to use this gun is -

Use your starting spread wisely. Control your spread. (Also applies to MK.46)

Don’t try to shoot targets that are too far. MG’s movement speed decrease (+ Fragger’s big head) makes you an easy target for snipers, and 27m range isn’t far enough to kill snipers, unlike BR-16 does.

JUST USE BR-16 OVER K-121.

K-121’s DPS and dmg/bullet is really well balanced. mid-range fight is quite strong with this gun.

17dmg is especially good when killing thunder. 5 headshots, 10 body shot is all you need.

BUT, be aware when shooting 120HP male mercs because the dmg efficiency is really bad against them.

17 x 7 = 119 you have to shoot one more time to clearly finish them.

K-121 has WORST reload speed in DB along with WORST reload cancel timing( cancel timing is way too late that reload cancel doesn’t even give you any advantage.)

So I really recommend you to use K51 Drilled + Focus, the best gunning loadout.

(Icecoal) #43

The gun is fine imo , absolute beast when you get a feeling for the recoil. Its just not as versatile as the m4 but close up you mow down thunder like its nothing and laugh at his mk46.

(watsyurdeal) #44

Honestly the K 121’s biggest problem for me, is being able to accuartely put bursts down range.

I like the idea, of a guy that you have to fire in 1-3 short burts but can go fully nuts in aiming, the problem is hipfire is kinda garbage atm compared to other guns, and the sights are not aligned. Fix those issues and the K 121 will start to DOMINATE like it used to.

The M4 is still the golden standard as far as I can concerned.

(Tandem) #45

Melts in cqc, devastating medium range and perfectly viable at extreme distance without the use ads.

Check the date of the thread you want to post in, this one is very old already. :slight_smile: