K121 playstyle?

(GatoCommodore) #21

[quote=“ThaiSan;209028”][quote=“sweetColumn;208957”][quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

My favourite pro about the gun is mainly the clip size. The clip is basically big enough to take down an entire team with bullets spare to gib them if you can aim well, so it’s pretty decent for spawn control. But even without spawn control, just knowing that the clip and damage output are both large enough to take on two or three enemies in CQC without having to reload is my favourite part about the gun.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points. [/quote]sniper

[/quote]

just imagine a belt fed kek10. we almost have that in the MK46, but it needs a damage buff.

howbout removing the stark from thunder and replace it with the K121?[/quote]

and give the Stark to Fragger!
actually thats not bad at all.[/quote]

Two burst-fires for Fragger? Naah. I could live without the k-121 if you give him another full-auto. Like the Timik.[/quote]

i made a suggestion in the merc forums to remove burst rifles from fragger and thunder and replace them with LMG’s, MK46 instead of BR-16 for fragger, and K121 instead of stark for thunder.[/quote]

Completely removing them from Fragger seems a bit too harsh for my taste. He’s an assault merc, why shouldn’t he be able to use a BFAR?

I just think that two is one too many. I don’t use the BR-16 on him (because I never use the BR-16, I don’t know I’m more of a Stark-AR guy) but I appreciate the possibility to be able to if I change my mind.[/quote]

Whats BFAR?
Big Fuggen Assault Rifle?[/quote]

“Burst Fire Assault Rifles”[/quote]

Please dont make up term that doesnt exist. People get confused.

(Thai-San) #22

[quote=“sweetColumn;209029”][quote=“ThaiSan;209028”][quote=“sweetColumn;208957”][quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

My favourite pro about the gun is mainly the clip size. The clip is basically big enough to take down an entire team with bullets spare to gib them if you can aim well, so it’s pretty decent for spawn control. But even without spawn control, just knowing that the clip and damage output are both large enough to take on two or three enemies in CQC without having to reload is my favourite part about the gun.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points. [/quote]sniper

[/quote]

just imagine a belt fed kek10. we almost have that in the MK46, but it needs a damage buff.

Two burst-fires for Fragger? Naah. I could live without the k-121 if you give him another full-auto. Like the Timik.[/quote]

i made a suggestion in the merc forums to remove burst rifles from fragger and thunder and replace them with LMG’s, MK46 instead of BR-16 for fragger, and K121 instead of stark for thunder.[/quote]

Completely removing them from Fragger seems a bit too harsh for my taste. He’s an assault merc, why shouldn’t he be able to use a BFAR?

I just think that two is one too many. I don’t use the BR-16 on him (because I never use the BR-16, I don’t know I’m more of a Stark-AR guy) but I appreciate the possibility to be able to if I change my mind.[/quote]

Whats BFAR?

Please dont make up term that doesnt exist. People get confused.[/quote]

Well, at least in my Blacklight Retribution times BF and AR were more common then the actual words they are shortening and BFAR or BFR was widely spread. So I saw no problem in using them. Also looking back at the topic it should be pretty self explanatory. @Herr_Hanz didn’t seem to have any problem with understanding me.

(GatoCommodore) #23

[quote=“ThaiSan;209030”][quote=“sweetColumn;209029”][quote=“ThaiSan;209028”][quote=“sweetColumn;208957”][quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

Whats BFAR?

Well, at least in my Blacklight Retribution times BF and AR were more common then the actual words they are shortening and BFAR or BFR was widely spread. So I saw no problem in using them. Also looking back at the topic it should be pretty self explanatory. @Herr_Hanz didn’t seem to have any problem with understanding me.[/quote]

We called it Burst Rifles in here. A sub category of Assault Rifles.

(Thai-San) #24

[quote=“sweetColumn;209035”][quote=“ThaiSan;209030”][quote=“sweetColumn;209029”][quote=“ThaiSan;209028”][quote=“sweetColumn;208957”][quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

Whats BFAR?

Well, at least in my Blacklight Retribution times BF and AR were more common then the actual words they are shortening and BFAR or BFR was widely spread. So I saw no problem in using them. Also looking back at the topic it should be pretty self explanatory. @Herr_Hanz didn’t seem to have any problem with understanding me.[/quote]

We called it Burst Rifles in here. A sub category of Assault Rifles.[/quote]

Isn’t that what I said?

edit: more or less :3

Well, good to know you’re the Dirty Bomb terms police. I’ll be more carefull now. Thanks officer.

(Herr_Hanz) #25

[quote=“ThaiSan;209036”][quote=“sweetColumn;209035”][quote=“ThaiSan;209030”][quote=“sweetColumn;209029”][quote=“ThaiSan;209028”][quote=“sweetColumn;208957”][quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

Whats BFAR?

We called it Burst Rifles in here. A sub category of Assault Rifles.[/quote]

Isn’t that what I said?

edit: more or less :3

Well, good to know you’re the Dirty Bomb terms police. I’ll be more carefull now. Thanks officer.[/quote]

i had no idea what BFAR meant, my while text was about your second line, stating that you like the possibility to switch to a burst rifle, and that 2 LMG’s may be too many.

(Thai-San) #26

Okay then. I’ll stop shortening my words ^^

My whole point was that as an assault mercenary he shouldn’t just be limited to light machine guns but also Assault rifles (Full Automatic Triggering mechanisms and burst fire triggering mechanisms alike) since Assault Rifles hint the name that they are used by assaults? Not everyone likes heavy hitters as light machine guns are.

So as it is of right now:
One light machine gun
One Assault rifle with a full automatic triggering mechanism
and one Assault Rifle with a burst fire triggering mechanism
Is good since it fits the Mercenaries role on the battlefield and grants a loadout for everyone to enjoy.

(prismaticDinosaur) #27

I dont understand this weapon at all.
I mean, the weaknesses are obvious: very slow movespeed, very inaccurate with high bloom and slow regeneration/ high recoil, low-ish rate of fire, long reload time.
What are the actual merits that would make me choose this gun over the M4 or the BR?

the magsize is nice but the long reload balances that i think. The dps is not higher by any relevant margin, effectively i’d say its rather meh cause low rof + bad accuracy causes painful misses and limits the range to reliably headshot.
To a lower degree the same applies to the MK. Why would anyone use them?
I think they need a solid damage buff. They certainly FEEL like LMGs, it would be good if the targets feel it as well.

(GatoCommodore) #28

[quote=“prismaticDinosaur;209288”]I dont understand this weapon at all.
I mean, the weaknesses are obvious: very slow movespeed, very inaccurate with high bloom and slow regeneration/ high recoil, low-ish rate of fire, long reload time.
What are the actual merits that would make me choose this gun over the M4 or the BR?

the magsize is nice but the long reload balances that i think. The dps is not higher by any relevant margin, effectively i’d say its rather meh cause low rof + bad accuracy causes painful misses and limits the range to reliably headshot.
To a lower degree the same applies to the MK. Why would anyone use them?
I think they need a solid damage buff. They certainly FEEL like LMGs, it would be good if the targets feel it as well.[/quote]

ikr

i mean LMGs are used for supressing fire, which makes enemies hesitate to face Thunder or Fragger directly. But in this case, the accuracy is so bad and the damage isnt that good makes me wants to jump in front of them and stab them just to prove the LMG arent that good compared to M4, Timik, BR-16, Stark AR.

i get it that the K121 is based of the HK21K, a G3 Pattern weapon.
The G3 rifle itself having trouble that it suffers from accuracy while shooting on full auto.

extra:

Oh shit you guys. HK21K has a POI (Point Of Impact) problems at 50-100 yds way beyond the scope of windage adjustment on the rear sight, indicaiting serious misalignement of the barrel with the receiver.

I didnt think the guys at SD really do research about the guns. Its somehow intended to be like that. Fragger owns an 80’s Faulty Belt fed Shortened poorly converted machinegun.

Thats one for the lore right there.

(JJMAJR) #29

And Bushwhacker therefore is a gunsmith that was able to make an improved military-grade KRISS Vector; the original was not used by any army because of the weapon’s terrible recoil. I bet he made millions from the sales his weapon got due to Aura, Phantom, Sawbonez, and Fletcher buying his product.

Because like hell Fletcher would be making a useful medium range weapon. He’s too stupid to recognize the significance of long distance fights.

(GatoCommodore) #30

[quote=“JJMAJR;209300”]And Bushwhacker therefore is a gunsmith that was able to make an improved military-grade KRISS Vector; the original was not used by any army because of the weapon’s terrible recoil. I bet he made millions from the sales his weapon got due to Aura, Phantom, Sawbonez, and Fletcher buying his product.

Because like hell Fletcher would be making a useful medium range weapon. He’s too stupid to recognize the significance of long distance fights.[/quote]

the original KRISS vector wasnt used by the army because the gun is very hard to field strip and clean than AR-15 or MP5. Also its plastic frame is not good for long term fire fight because it melts. (look up M4 melting plastic frame)

And KRISS is wobbly as fudge.

The Blishlok is a modernized Thompson Chambered in 9mm.

(BananaSlug) #31

[quote=“sweetColumn;209328”][quote=“JJMAJR;209300”]And Bushwhacker therefore is a gunsmith that was able to make an improved military-grade KRISS Vector; the original was not used by any army because of the weapon’s terrible recoil. I bet he made millions from the sales his weapon got due to Aura, Phantom, Sawbonez, and Fletcher buying his product.

Because like hell Fletcher would be making a useful medium range weapon. He’s too stupid to recognize the significance of long distance fights.[/quote]

the original KRISS vector wasnt used by the army because the gun is very hard to field strip and clean than AR-15 or MP5. Also its plastic frame is not good for long term fire fight because it melts. (look up M4 melting plastic frame)

And KRISS is wobbly as fudge.

[/quote]

dont get this as reference, its just lazynes from devs because this mag is also for smg9 and i think more, but i dont remember[quote=“sweetColumn;207747”][quote=“BananaSlug;207725”]shoot the bad guys when you see them, they die… complicated, isn’t it?[/quote]

except when you shoot them nothing hits![/quote]

then you just need to learn to aim :v

(nokiII) #32

@sweetColumn
I hope you realize, that on the blishlok itself is a “CALIBRE .45ACP” marking.

Fun fact, the name Blishlok comes from the Blish Lock which is the locking action of the thompson smg / autorifle.

(GatoCommodore) #33

[quote=“hypnotoad;209568”][quote=“sweetColumn;209328”]

[/quote]
@sweetColumn
I hope you realize, that on the blishlok itself is a “CALIBRE .45ACP” marking.

Fun fact, the name Blishlok comes from the Blish Lock which is the locking action of the thompson smg / autorifle.[/quote]

i hope you know there is things called “Barrel and Receiver Conversion.”
http://userimage2.360doc.com/12/0506/09/443468_201205060917300486.jpg
PPSH-41 used 7.62×25mm Tokarev Cartridge and the Germans Converted it to 9mm Luger
that accept MP40 Mag.

you see this here? This Is FN FAL converted into 45ACP eating Thompson Mag

if the gun says 5.56 but it ate 9mm magazine is it a 5.56 rifle?

Fun Fact, The Blishlock Magazine has 9mm Auto on it.

More Fun Fact, its the same magazine as the SMG-9 Magazine.

(Amerika) #34

I have a lot of time with k121 (much of which is on youtube). I feel as though it’s a pretty damn good medium range weapon. It’s definitely not just a CQC weapon. You just have to know how to control it while firing. You have to adjust for more than just recoil as it likes to move all over and know when to burst. It was covered earlier that switching to ADS after you fire some shots from the hip is a good thing with the K121 and I agree. I very quickly adopted ADS usage early when firing because it’s devastating and accurate.

The m4 is going to be more consistent for a lot of players and it’s also familiar due to being on other mercs. I do think learning the K121 is worth it and when you master it the gun is a lot of fun.

(Sorotia) #35

[quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

I was hoping when they made the second gen loadouts that Fragger would get access to the MK and Thunder the K121…but it never happened. :’(

(GatoCommodore) #36

[quote=“Amerika;210118”]I have a lot of time with k121 (much of which is on youtube). I feel as though it’s a pretty damn good medium range weapon. It’s definitely not just a CQC weapon. You just have to know how to control it while firing. You have to adjust for more than just recoil as it likes to move all over and know when to burst. It was covered earlier that switching to ADS after you fire some shots from the hip is a good thing with the K121 and I agree. I very quickly adopted ADS usage early when firing because it’s devastating and accurate.

The m4 is going to be more consistent for a lot of players and it’s also familiar due to being on other mercs. I do think learning the K121 is worth it and when you master it the gun is a lot of fun.[/quote]

the Iron sight is broken tho.
i rarely use it since even the target are in front of me, i still cant hit jack sh it

its driving me mad.

thats why im laying it off and just play with M4

(Amerika) #37

[quote=“sweetColumn;210136”][quote=“Amerika;210118”]I have a lot of time with k121 (much of which is on youtube). I feel as though it’s a pretty damn good medium range weapon. It’s definitely not just a CQC weapon. You just have to know how to control it while firing. You have to adjust for more than just recoil as it likes to move all over and know when to burst. It was covered earlier that switching to ADS after you fire some shots from the hip is a good thing with the K121 and I agree. I very quickly adopted ADS usage early when firing because it’s devastating and accurate.

The m4 is going to be more consistent for a lot of players and it’s also familiar due to being on other mercs. I do think learning the K121 is worth it and when you master it the gun is a lot of fun.[/quote]

i rarely use it since even the target are in front of me, i still cant hit jack sh it

its driving me mad.

thats why im laying it off and just play with M4[/quote]

I don’t doubt it’s broken. However, I have zero issues hitting people when using it. The accuracy issues only come into play at extreme distances where you have a ton of fall-off anyway.

(GatoCommodore) #38

[quote=“Amerika;210258”][quote=“sweetColumn;210136”][quote=“Amerika;210118”]I have a lot of time with k121 (much of which is on youtube). I feel as though it’s a pretty damn good medium range weapon. It’s definitely not just a CQC weapon. You just have to know how to control it while firing. You have to adjust for more than just recoil as it likes to move all over and know when to burst. It was covered earlier that switching to ADS after you fire some shots from the hip is a good thing with the K121 and I agree. I very quickly adopted ADS usage early when firing because it’s devastating and accurate.

its driving me mad.

thats why im laying it off and just play with M4[/quote]

I don’t doubt it’s broken. However, I have zero issues hitting people when using it. The accuracy issues only come into play at extreme distances where you have a ton of fall-off anyway.[/quote]

well, not extreme distance, more of like Medium to long distance the Iron sight dont work since the bullets should hit the point on the top of the iron sight but it came out on the near left under the Tip of the iron sight.

Shots that should have been hit the head didnt hit the head.

game changing situation where you have to kill a guy who you have to tap shoot at, not getting shot at all since the aim is off

(GatoCommodore) #39

as you can see here mr @Amerika the bullet came out in the red mumble crosschair, but the ironsight is so far above.

note that this is while firing the weapon which made me miss a lot in a firefight either medium range or close range.

even tho you can use mumble overlay to ADS you cant really see the target since its covered by the iron sight.

this issue has been confirmed by someone a while back but i just cant understand why its not fixed yet.

i do hope the november update brings good news.

(Amerika) #40

[quote=“sweetColumn;210276”]http://i.imgur.com/V8bt5zB.png

as you can see here mr @Amerika the bullet came out in the red mumble crosschair, but the ironsight is so far above.

note that this is while firing the weapon which made me miss a lot in a firefight either medium range or close range.

even tho you can use mumble overlay to ADS you cant really see the target since its covered by the iron sight.

this issue has been confirmed by someone a while back but i just cant understand why its not fixed yet.

i do hope the november update brings good news.[/quote]

I’m aware of this. That’s why I said, “I don’t doubt it’s broken”. But it’s nothing that can’t be easily adjusted since you know where to put the site. And, again, it’s only an issue at extreme ranges. My accuracy with a K121 is around 39% and that’s with me shooting at walls constantly to get an idea on spread patterns and figure out controlling it (and a crap load of EV shooting). It’s not as high as my m4 average, which is a few points higher (going off of my alt account that doesn’t include hours of shooting at walls either), but considering it’s a much slower firing weapon that’s pretty much expected.

Don’t get me wrong, I would like the crosshairs to be fixed. But once you know what is broken with a crosshair/ads sight you can easily adjust. If you aren’t hitting targets right in front of you it’s not the gun.