K121 playstyle?

(GatoCommodore) #1

what sort of play you guys use while playing K121?

it sort of shoot like battle rifle at the moment and not very good against mercs with medium-small hitbox at medium range. I kinda miss alot while using K121 even tho i ADS with it.

even now i rarely see fragger weilding K121 and prefer to M4 Masterrace because consistency and accuracy while hipfiring.

why should i use M4 over K121 for maximum salt dispenser?

(Dawnlazy) #2

It’s a weapon that sometimes can require you to ADS even at mid-range after firing like 15 or so shots, and your recoil control will also be pretty important since it makes the crosshair jump around a lot. I recommend using a mumble crosshair overlay since the sights are terribly misaligned.

Personally I prefer the M4 on Fragger with its much more chill recoil, plus having a primary that specifically deals 17 damage gives me OCD whenever I only manage to deal 119 damage to a 120HP merc.

(Herr_Hanz) #3

[quote=“Dawnrazor;206904”]It’s a weapon that sometimes can require you to ADS even at mid-range after firing like 15 or so shots, and your recoil control will also be pretty important since it makes the crosshair jump around a lot. I recommend using a mumble crosshair overlay since the sights are terribly misaligned.

Personally I prefer the M4 on Fragger with its much more chill recoil, plus having a primary that specifically deals 17 damage gives me OCD whenever I only manage to deal 119 damage to a 120HP merc.[/quote]

basically it. the mumble crosshair will save your life when using the iron sights of any gun.

the k121 is for very close range to mid range, thats the only place you should hipfire. for me i only use it over the m4 because im an LMG enthousiast. the K121 is just more fun to use, really makes me feel like a tank while playing.

K121 awesome to use, and good against any mercs (but especially small mercs) in close range. but the M4 is better overall, because it has less spread and better iron sights.

(hoyes) #4

M4 fragger will always be king just because it suits his playstyle. Whilst the K121 does suit him aswell, its consistency(due to its spread and poor ironsights) is poor. Really, the spread can be the kicker, same thing with the mk46.

The playstyle I would recommend is simply put being an entry fragger. One that leads the push. ALWAYS make sure you play to this lmgs strength, outgunning low hp mercs and suppressing other enemies with its high damage. This is quite effectivd.

(GatoCommodore) #5

[quote=“Jokder;206956”]M4 fragger will always be king just because it suits his playstyle. Whilst the K121 does suit him aswell, its consistency(due to its spread and poor ironsights) is poor. Really, the spread can be the kicker, same thing with the mk46.

The playstyle I would recommend is simply put being an entry fragger. One that leads the push. ALWAYS make sure you play to this lmgs strength, outgunning low hp mercs and suppressing other enemies with its high damage. This is quite effectivd.[/quote]

while playing in the pub, while im on the lead of a push, everybody just gonna stop and camp anyway. Makes you think people really scared of dying in virtual murder game.

(Reddeadcap) #6

Best used shooting from the him at really close ranges.

Best loadout cards are the
Generation 1 K51 Power Gunner or Generation 2 K51 Revised Gunner

As they have Focus as they will reduce your flinching and Drilled as that helps the reload speed of the LMG, Generation 2’s K51 also has Tough to make health regen kick in sooner which makes it infinitely better than Cool as turrets are a deathtrap.

(BananaSlug) #7

shoot the bad guys when you see them, they die… complicated, isn’t it?

(Herr_Hanz) #8

but they do the same thing! how can i be a special snowflake?

(GatoCommodore) #9

except when you shoot them nothing hits!

(doxjq) #10

The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

My favourite pro about the gun is mainly the clip size. The clip is basically big enough to take down an entire team with bullets spare to gib them if you can aim well, so it’s pretty decent for spawn control. But even without spawn control, just knowing that the clip and damage output are both large enough to take on two or three enemies in CQC without having to reload is my favourite part about the gun.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points.

(GatoCommodore) #11

[quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

My favourite pro about the gun is mainly the clip size. The clip is basically big enough to take down an entire team with bullets spare to gib them if you can aim well, so it’s pretty decent for spawn control. But even without spawn control, just knowing that the clip and damage output are both large enough to take on two or three enemies in CQC without having to reload is my favourite part about the gun.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points. [/quote]

lets see

• Big damage
  • Super CQC
  • Holding Down Chokepoint
  • Bad Accuracy At Range (only on special occasion the sight works

even tho fragger needs this

(Herr_Hanz) #12

[quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points. [/quote]sniper

[/quote]

just imagine a belt fed kek10. we almost have that in the MK46, but it needs a damage buff.

howbout removing the stark from thunder and replace it with the K121?

(GatoCommodore) #13

[quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

There are times I prefer to use the M4 on Fragger, but the K121 does have a purpose and for me that is mostly holding down choke points. [/quote]sniper

[/quote]

just imagine a belt fed kek10. we almost have that in the MK46, but it needs a damage buff.

howbout removing the stark from thunder and replace it with the K121?[/quote]

and give the Stark to Fragger!
actually thats not bad at all.

(Thai-San) #14

[quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

actually thats not bad at all.[/quote]

Two burst-fires for Fragger? Naah. I could live without the k-121 if you give him another full-auto. Like the Timik.

(Herr_Hanz) #15

[quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

Two burst-fires for Fragger? Naah. I could live without the k-121 if you give him another full-auto. Like the Timik.[/quote]

i made a suggestion in the merc forums to remove burst rifles from fragger and thunder and replace them with LMG’s, MK46 instead of BR-16 for fragger, and K121 instead of stark for thunder.

(Thai-San) #16

[quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

Two burst-fires for Fragger? Naah. I could live without the k-121 if you give him another full-auto. Like the Timik.[/quote]

i made a suggestion in the merc forums to remove burst rifles from fragger and thunder and replace them with LMG’s, MK46 instead of BR-16 for fragger, and K121 instead of stark for thunder.[/quote]

Completely removing them from Fragger seems a bit too harsh for my taste. He’s an assault merc, why shouldn’t he be able to use a BFAR?

I just think that two is one too many. I don’t use the BR-16 on him (because I never use the BR-16, I don’t know I’m more of a Stark-AR guy) but I appreciate the possibility to be able to if I change my mind.

(Herr_Hanz) #17

[quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

i made a suggestion in the merc forums to remove burst rifles from fragger and thunder and replace them with LMG’s, MK46 instead of BR-16 for fragger, and K121 instead of stark for thunder.[/quote]

Completely removing them from Fragger seems a bit too harsh for my taste. He’s an assault merc, why shouldn’t he be able to use a BFAR?

I just think that two is one too many. I don’t use the BR-16 on him (because I never use the BR-16, I don’t know I’m more of a Stark-AR guy) but I appreciate the possibility to be able to if I change my mind.[/quote]

true. i figured burst rifles arent really for thunder/fragger because the grenades are for CQC or being close to the enemy, which burst rifles arent meant for.

(GatoCommodore) #18

[quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

I just think that two is one too many. I don’t use the BR-16 on him (because I never use the BR-16, I don’t know I’m more of a Stark-AR guy) but I appreciate the possibility to be able to if I change my mind.[/quote]

Whats BFAR?
Big Fuggen Assault Rifle?

(watsyurdeal) #19

Honestly for me I don’t mind the big spread on the K 121, but I feel like the time it takes for the spread to settle after shooting, or max spread can be reduced.

This way you have to fire in bursts from the hip more, but full auto while aiming is hella powerful.

Also some sights that are properly aligned would help :stuck_out_tongue:

(Thai-San) #20

[quote=“sweetColumn;208957”][quote=“ThaiSan;208939”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208882”][quote=“ThaiSan;208863”][quote=“sweetColumn;208861”][quote=“Herr_Hanz;208857”][quote=“sweetColumn;208849”][quote=“Dox;208845”]The K-121 is best used in super CQC. Tight enclosed maps or holding down choke points specifically. I also find it good for up close flanking or dropping in up close on enemies from above.

[/quote]

Whats BFAR?
Big Fuggen Assault Rifle?[/quote]

“Burst Fire Assault Rifles”