Jackal's Eve Update Release Notes - 25th October, 2017

(Chris Mullins) #1

Halloween has come to the streets of London, in a new two week event.

The CDA have started enjoying the quiet life. So, we tasked Phantom with spreading a little Halloween cheer. A touch of invisibility and dash of spray paint later; well, let’s just say he’d done a little… rebranding. A few cases with our logo, a lick of paint for a few weapons… classic hooligan work.

Problem is, he did such a good job now every Tom, Dick and 'Arry wants one. So we’ve put them up for sale on the Black Market.

Jackal’s Eve is a two week event that has you earning Limited Edition content as you battle on the streets of London.

Jackal’s Eve will take place on the following dates:

• London (BST, UTC +1): 09:00 Wed, October 25 - 9:00 Wed, November 8
  • Los Angeles (PDT, UTC -7): 01:00 Wed, October 25 - 01:00 Wed, November 8
  • Beijing (CST, UTC +8): 16:00 Wed, October 25 - 17:00 Wed, November 8
  • Sydney (AEST, UTC +10): 19:00 Wed, October 25 - 20:00 Wed, November 8

##SHRIEKS

Shrieks are a limited time currency that can be earned by playing in matches, or by picking up bundles of them in the Store. Shrieks left over at the end of the event transfer back to Credits at a 1:1 conversion.

##LIMITED EDITION CONTENT

###JACKAL LANTERN TRINKET

Want to make the most of the Jackal’s Eve event?

The Jackal Lantern Trinket gives you extra Shrieks and your enemies shivers, with a spooky sound that nearby players can hear when you inspect your weapon.

Equipping it gives you 50% extra Shrieks for every match you complete, and also boosts the Shriek earnings of ALL players in your matches by 5%.

These stack up to an additional 50%, so the more players have them equipped, the more everyone will earn.

Pick it up in the Store and get earning those Shrieks!

###JACKAL’S EVE LOADOUT CARDS

Phantom’s handiwork has led to a rebranding of some Merc outfits.

These Limited Edition Jackal’s Eve Loadout Cards can be earned during the course of the event, and can be found in three types of branded cases.

###Jackal’s Eve Cases

There are three types of Jackal’s Eve Cases available during the event:

Jackal’s Eve Equipment Case

Jackal’s Eve Equipment Cases can be bought in the Store for 600 Shrieks. They have a 2% chance of dropping a Jackal’s Eve Loadout Card.

Jackal’s Eve Elite Cases

These replace standard Elite Cases in the Store for the duration of the event, and give you a 10% chance of scoring a Jackal’s Eve Loadout Card. Bundles also contain guaranteed Jackal’s Eve Event Cases.

Jackal’s Eve Event Case

These cost 12,000 Shrieks and are guaranteed to drop a Jackal’s Eve Loadout Card.

###Locked Contraband Case

Jackal have smuggled a mysterious case into London. They’re willing to part with it, for a price, but who knows when they’ll give up the code to open it?

This case contains a mystery item, and will be openable in a future update. Make sure you hold onto it!

##Ranked Season 4

We’ve been monitoring the performance of Ranked Season 4, and have started making tweaks to improve the overall experience. We’ll keep on making more improvements as the season continues!

• Updated the Win/Loss Elo calculations to better reflect actual chances of each team winning based on average team skill, this means that:
  • Winning against a higher skilled team results in a much greater Rank increase
  • Winning against a lower skilled team results in a much smaller Rank increase
  • Losing against a higher skilled team results in a much smaller Rank decrease
  • Losing against a lower skilled team results in a much greater Rank decrease
  • Updated Ranked penalties for leaving a match to scale up to 7 days (from 3 days)
  • Fixed bug where average team rank would not appear for CDA
  • Fixed bug where the ‘Asia / Aus’ region was named the ‘Singapore’ region
  • Fixed bug where more than 3 maps could be deselected

##General Improvements and Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where Augments no longer had an effect
  • Fixed bug where the proximity detection trigger-box for Proximity Mines was also acting as a hitbox for the Mine itself, and would often receive double damage if both boxes were hit at the same time
  • Reduced Proximity Mine health to 7HP to compensate for the smaller hitbox and that it no longer takes double damage (from 30HP)
  • Fixed bug where projectiles thrown during warm-up phase could persist to the start of the round (Grenades, Molotovs, etc)
  • Fixed bug where Guardian’s Sky Shield would destroy deployables that have already been placed (Heartbeart Sensor, Sticky Grenades, Air Strike marker, Snitch)
  • Renamed ‘Guardian XP’ to ‘Savior XP’ (XP earned from killing an enemy who is attacking a friendly) to avoid confusion
  • Fixed a bug where estimated Match times could be significantly wrong in matchmaking
  • Fixed a bug where the Exit button wouldn’t exit the game on the first use

(kopyright) #2

Oh, I love that colour scheme! <3

(LIGHT_BAGHEERA) #3

So instead of fixing server full bug when disconnecting from a ranked game, they increase the penalty we are receiving because we can’t rejoin our competitive game because the server is somehow full?!?

ridiculous.

(frostyvampire) #4

Thank you for finally making event cases available without buying elite cases or having this “working as intended” RNG where you got them in item drops.

And I hate you for making me spend 5$ on a trinket because it looks so cool. I thought I won’t buy the next trinket because my Steam wallet starts getting low but you HAD to make the trinket look cool

(n-x) #5

Arent the prices a bit off?

You pay 100,000 credits for 6,000 Shriek. With 600 Shriek for an SE Equipment Case, this makes 10.000 credits for one Case with a 2% chance. In events without a special currency we had 2% drop chance for a SE card on a normal equipment case (if I remember correctly), which costs 1000 credits.

Am I missing something here?

(blufflord) #6

Frozen stats bug fix?

(Guziol) #7

“The Jackal Lantern Trinket gives you extra Shrieks and your enemies shivers, with a spooky sound that nearby players can hear when you inspect your weapon.”
The sound part seems to not work. Me and a friend of mine don’t hear each others trinkets when inspecting. Gamebreaking bug pls fix.

(GatoCommodore) #8

the drone is called savior now

(l2c) #9

Stiff prices. With a 1 in 33 chance of getting a katana Phantom, I am not buying.

(BBBadger) #10

Spooky sound on inspect?

Could anyone who has the trinket share info on what it sounds like?

(kopyright) #11

@BBBadger said:
Spooky sound on inspect?

“… college tuition feeeeeeeeeeeeees…”

(Guziol) #12

@BBBadger said:
Spooky sound on inspect?

Something along those lines.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=TFAf_xgNjpE
And the eyes start blazing with fire. I hope enemies hear the cackling everytime I inspect after killing them up close, but my friend could not hear the sound from his perspective so maybe it’s not working atm.

(Ptiloui) #13

@stayfreshshoe said:

• Fixed bug where Guardian’s Sky Shield would destroy deployables that have already been placed (Heartbeart Sensor, Sticky Grenades, Air Strike marker, Snitch)

I thought this was an intended feature of the drone :open_mouth:

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #14

@BBBadger said:
Spooky sound on inspect?

“ex-wife calling for alimonyyyyyyyy…”

(Sithas) #15

I can spend my 200k credits on obsidian fragger card and i know exactly what for card i get.
Or i can spend 200k credits on a guartenteed event case where the merc, weapon and traits are totally random. Hmm hard choice

(MarsRover) #16

@n-x said:

You pay 100,000 credits for 6,000 Shriek. With 600 Shriek for an SE Equipment Case, this makes 10.000 credits for one Case with a 2% chance. In events without a special currency we had 2% drop chance for a SE card on a normal equipment case (if I remember correctly), which costs 1000 credits.

You are not missing anything. SD is testing how much they can push the cost by hiding it with an intermediary currency.

(videoboy4000) #17

I was hoping for some bug fixes. I mean: real bugfixes. Like server is full message when trying to rejoin ranked, bugged arty & airstrike markers, broken stats, etc etc

But well, its a trinket and a guaranteed event case for 200k credits. I m so excited.

(ImSploosh) #18

@n-x said:

They do this every time with these events. Look at the Hexadic event, you had to spend 400,000 credits for 13k Hex. Then you had boosters which were awkward because they added more RNG. It was insane and I wasted 800k credits by not checking how it was setup first. I thought it was gonna be the same as the Rev event where 10 boosters gave you 100% chance to drop a case.

This setup really sucks. If they really want us to spend money, offer guaranteed cases at $2 each. Idk about everyone else, but I would definitely drop $50 for 25 guaranteed cases, even if they’re RNG.

There are a lot of other ways to improve these events. People have posted some nice suggestions before. You want to make it appeal to both free players and spenders. 10 Elites cases with 2 guaranteed cards for $35 isn’t the way to do it lol. Just my opinion anyways. I love supporting SD when the opportunity arises, but these events really don’t entice me to do so. (Though I’m gonna have to pick up that trinket!).

(Xenithos) #19

@MarsRover said:

@n-x said:

You are not missing anything. SD is testing how much they can push the cost by hiding it with an intermediary currency.

Yes, hopefully they get the costs a wee bit lower. Spending 200k on a case that’s random in what it drops is extremely steep. If it were say 50k I would be more than happy to throw my credits at it. I mean, it’s basically a cobalt anyway, right?

(OwynTyler) #20

Jackal’s Eve Event Case

These cost 12,000 Shrieks and are guaranteed to drop a Jackal’s Eve Loadout Card.

Buying right away after grinding “few” matches ! :smiley: