Jackal's Eve Update Release Notes - 25th October, 2017

(ImSploosh) #21

It takes approximately 27 hours to obtain 1 special event card. Let’s say you average 150 Shrieks per Stopwatch game. That means it will take you 80 games to get 12000 Shrieks to obtain a guaranteed case. An average Stopwatch game is about 20 minutes, so 80x20=1600 minutes to obtain a case. 1600/60=26.67 (rounded to 27). So 27 hours for one damn case.

As someone who likes to spend money on this game, knowing this information makes me not want to spend money. I don’t understand who even thought this was a good idea. Even if you manage to rack up 1k shrieks a day, that’s still only 1 case for the event. Again, absolutely insane. The conversion ratio of credits to Shrieks is also insane (again). A 1:1 conversion would be a lot better. Hell, even a 2:1 conversion wouldn’t be bad, but a 13:1 conversion like it is currently (if you buy the highest tier credit package), is absurd.

I really wish they would make these events with consumers in mind. I get they want us to spend money, but a lot of us don’t want to spend any money on these events or in general because it’s not worth it. You get very little for a lot of money. Worst part is, if they do decided to listen to us, they won’t until the next event, meaning these nice Halloween skins will be gone forever. :’(

(TitaniumRapture) #22

@ImSploosh

I miss the neat color scheme already. The chance to get at least card for my favorite merc is so low. :’(

(Xenithos) #23

@ImSploosh said:
It takes approximately 27 hours to obtain 1 special event card. Let’s say you average 150 Shrieks per Stopwatch game. That means it will take you 80 games to get 12000 Shrieks to obtain a guaranteed case. An average Stopwatch game is about 20 minutes, so 80x20=1600 minutes to obtain a case. 1600/60=26.67 (rounded to 27). So 27 hours for one damn case.

With the increased rate, and 12 days (7.5 shrieks per minute not counting ANY boosters or community increases{the new 50% higher rate as of TODAY}) it would take 12000/7.5=1600 minutes.** Familiar number right there? Yeah, it’s going to take as much time as your theory was right there Sploosh. Rofl. HE CAN SEE THE FUTURE BOIS! :open_mouth:**

On average you’re going to have at least 2 people in a match adding extra shrieks (12 shrieks per minute rate with trinket), it will take you ~16 hours of play time per GUARANTEED case, with the trinket.

With 12 days left, it just means you play 3 hours a day with minimal time searching for a match and you’ll get TWO guaranteed cases for sure.

Add in that you can use credits for shrieks as well, and can buy shriek equipment cases for credits. with a 12 credit per minute rate as well (add in free boosters from leveling and playing ranked and you’re at a whopping 36 credits per minute rate) so you will gain (not using trinket) 20 thousand credits by the time you’re done getting one case at the lowest possible rates. And 35 thousand credits if you’re wearing the trinket, using booster for credits, and playing only ranked by the time you get enough shrieks for your first case. In each scenario, you will be able to buy ~another chance at a halloween card in equipment cases alone. How? Because you have missions and daily play bonuses for the next few weeks and the fudging event drops halloween cards.

So for 5$ and a solid 32 hours of play time, you will likely get a solid 4-6 halloween cards. With at least 2 guaranteed. Unpaid you can still net a solid 3 cards, with one guaranteed with ~30 hours of in game time as well. For me? This isn’t terrible at all.

(ImSploosh) #24

@Xenithos Yeah I was surprised when I saw that today. I was actually just using the average Shrieks I was getting from each game and kinda rounded everything off. @Melinder posted a similar thing stating it takes 26.67 hours to obtain one card, which is what I got too before this update.

Thankfully they raised the rate a bit and are allowing us to purchase cases with credits now so it’s not AS bad. Still don’t find it a great event though with all of the possibilities and communities suggestions out there. It’s still a bit of a grind fest. Most people can’t play 3 hours a day, everyday, which is unfortunate, but reality. It wouldn’t feel like such a grind if we had other gamemodes or something else special to this event… I was hoping for a PVE, kill the pumpkin heads event but whatever. :smiley:

(Xenithos) #25

It’s still a bit of a grind fest, but getting cards is certainly an option for anyone wanting to play. Sitting on top of roughly 100k credits gained in the last week and a half, and I’m like, hrm… I need a buy 10 option.