Jackal's Eve Event Improvements

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

We’re always looking to fine-tune our events to make them as enjoyable as possible! After your feedback, we’ve tweaked some bits and pieces in The Jackal’s Eve Event to improve it. Check out the changes below:

• Increased the base Shriek earn rate in matches by 50%.

• This means that if you earned 70 Shrieks at the end of a match, you would now earn 105.
    • This increase also stacks with the Jackal Lantern Trinket
  • Jackal’s Eve Equipment Cases are now purchasable with Credits, in addition to Shrieks.

• Equipment Cases still cost 600 Shrieks, but can also be purchased directly for 1000 Credits

Players who have already spent Credits on Shriek Bundles (and then purchased Jackal’s Eve Equipment Cases with those Shrieks) will be compensated with the extra Jackal’s Eve Equipment Cases they would have received if they directly purchased them for 1,000 Credits each.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the event so far!

shoe.

(Eox) #2

Looks much better. 600 shrieks for a 2% case feels hella high tbh. It is safe to bet that everyone is going to keep their shrieks for the big one.

(Azeria) #3

I want to question how you decide which cases are going to drop for players. After speaking to several players, it seems to me that most players seem to get loudouts for about the same mercs dropped, in every single event. I know it is for me at least.
It is highly frustrating continuously spending real life money (which I happily do as this is a free game I enjoy a lot, and I like to support the game I enjoy) to end up with just yet another loudout of the same shitty merc you never play.
In addition to this, I’d like to point out that out of 10 event cases I bought, I got x2 of the same guardian cards, and x2 of the same redeye. I find it unacceptable to receive duplicates from cases you’ve spent money on tbh : /
In addition, I got another 2 redeyes, 1 vassili and one aimee. This equals 4 loudouts for redeye, 1 for aimee and one for vassili… I would like to tell you it’s been different any other event, but…

It also feels like complete waste of money having spent irl money on the special credit, and spending about 1/3 of it on random cases to try my luck… and now you can all of a sudden buy em for normal credit.

Sorry but spending money on your events is turning into a joke : /

(emjot) #4

Great news!

(LadyLavery) #5

Well, now i can save my shrieks for the 12k (which is still too much) and use credits for RNG.

(k3endo) #6

@stayfreshshoe I spent 100,000 credits on shrieks which landed me 10 equipment cases (when it could have landed me 100). Does this mean I am owed 90 cases?

(arkti) #7

You could decrease price of Event Case (100% special edition card). 200k creds /12k event points for a skin…i like DB but NOT THAT MUCH to spend entire life on grinding 1 skin. Next time make events that don’t need much grinding, for example i have ONLY 1 SHELL SHOCK card and i was tryharding. Cases are not worth of spending money because there is only 2% chance. SD pls, we all have our lifes but we also want to enjoy event. in 2 weeks im supposed to sit 24/7 in DB and ill get MAYBE 2 Event cases. I think that haloween decorations on all maps would be much better than this.
PS now ppl can buy credits, 1 mil - 40 euro. 1:1 transfer rate.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@Azeria said:
I want to question how you decide which cases are going to drop for players. After speaking to several players, it seems to me that most players seem to get loudouts for about the same mercs dropped, in every single event. I know it is for me at least.
It is highly frustrating continuously spending real life money (which I happily do as this is a free game I enjoy a lot, and I like to support the game I enjoy) to end up with just yet another loudout of the same @$!# merc you never play.
In addition to this, I’d like to point out that out of 10 event cases I bought, I got x2 of the same guardian cards, and x2 of the same redeye. I find it unacceptable to receive duplicates from cases you’ve spent money on tbh : /
In addition, I got another 2 redeyes, 1 vassili and one aimee. This equals 4 loudouts for redeye, 1 for aimee and one for vassili… I would like to tell you it’s been different any other event, but…

Sorry but it’s complete bullshit to spend money on.

youre lucky you got LE cards, for the past 3 event i havent got any limited edition cards, NONE

ZERO

(Azeria) #9

@GatoCommodore said:

@Azeria said:
It is highly frustrating continuously spending real life money (which I happily do as this is a free game I enjoy a lot, and I like to support the game I enjoy) to end up with just yet another loudout of the same @$!# merc you never play.

Sorry but it’s complete bullshit to spend money on.

youre lucky you got LE cards, for the past 3 event i havent got any limited edition cards, NONE

ZERO

I am not lucky, because I literally just spent 80euro buying the special credit, to buy the guaranteed cases. So again my point is that it is ridiculous spending that amount of money and receive 2 duplicates, and another 2 of the same merc, and 2 more of more snipers.

(Mc1412013) #10

WOW is sd under new managment or did shoe get his @#$ handed to him by management?? All this activity by shoe lately is awsome !!! Someone over there heard our gripes with comunication in here

(watsyurdeal) #11

@stayfreshshoe

(Cletus_VanDamme) #12

So you didn’t eliminate RNG for your paying customers?

Meh.

(Mc1412013) #13

@Cletus_VanDamme said:
So you didn’t eliminate RNG for your paying customers?

Meh.

Probably falls under the pay to play catagory.
As much as i hate rng on real money purchases, i could see some people pulling some kind of play to play argument. where as wether u pay or use credits it doesnt give an advantage over credits lesseni g the potential outcries

(TR_Kama) #14

but it would appear those (like myself) who outright purchase the 60k bundle get nothing

(FalC_16) #15

@k3endo said:
@stayfreshshoe I spent 100,000 credits on shrieks which landed me 10 equipment cases (when it could have landed me 100). Does this mean I am owed 90 cases?

you got played buddy the math is simple as you say:

100k credits for 6000 shrieks / 600 shrieks per case = 10 cases lmao

they should have adjusted the shriek prices as well with this

(Xenithos) #16

I think pricing is on point now, those that want the shriek guaranteed cases will save for them specifically, or convert more of their credits (not the smartest approach now) into shrieks. Since we can now use credits to buy the equipment cases, we can gamble this way now:

Do I get 200 cases with a 2% chance each to get a card? Possibly getting several or NONE of the new halloween cards with credits? or do I just save up for the guaranteed?

Now we can do both at the same time, win/win.

(FalC_16) #17

@Xenithos said:
I think pricing is on point now, those that want the shriek guaranteed cases will save for them specifically, or convert more of their credits (not the smartest approach now) into shrieks. Since we can now use credits to buy the equipment cases, we can gamble this way now:

Do I get 200 cases with a 2% chance each to get a card? Possibly getting several or NONE of the new halloween cards with credits? or do I just save up for the guaranteed?

the shriek price per case is BS…ofc for those who wanna save them for guaranteed case must be nuts to grind that…but ok if you say its reasonable be my guest ^^

(Xenithos) #18

Actually, redoing math as we speak. @stayfreshshoe could we get a comment on whether or not Shrieks are increased in gain from playing Ranked?

(Xenithos) #19

@Xenithos said:
Actually, redoing math as we speak. @stayfreshshoe could we get a comment on whether or not Shrieks are increased in gain from playing Ranked?

@FalC_16 said:

@Xenithos said:

the shriek price per case is BS…ofc for those who wanna save them for guaranteed case must be nuts to grind that…but ok if you say its reasonable be my guest ^^

I did the math in another post, I’ll post that HERE:

@Xenithos said:

@ImSploosh said:
It takes approximately 27 hours to obtain 1 special event card. Let’s say you average 150 Shrieks per Stopwatch game. That means it will take you 80 games to get 12000 Shrieks to obtain a guaranteed case. An average Stopwatch game is about 20 minutes, so 80x20=1600 minutes to obtain a case. 1600/60=26.67 (rounded to 27). So 27 hours for one damn case.

With the increased rate, and 12 days (7.5 shrieks per minute not counting ANY boosters or community increases{the new 50% higher rate as of TODAY}) it would take 12000/7.5=1600 minutes.** Familiar number right there? Yeah, it’s going to take as much time as your theory was right there Sploosh. Rofl. HE CAN SEE THE FUTURE BOIS! :open_mouth:**

On average you’re going to have at least 2 people in a match adding extra shrieks (12 shrieks per minute rate with trinket), it will take you ~16 hours of play time per GUARANTEED case, with the trinket.

With 12 days left, it just means you play 3 hours a day with minimal time searching for a match and you’ll get TWO guaranteed cases for sure.

Add in that you can use credits for shrieks as well, and can buy shriek equipment cases for credits. with a 12 credit per minute rate as well (add in free boosters from leveling and playing ranked and you’re at a whopping 36 credits per minute rate) so you will gain (not using trinket) 20 thousand credits by the time you’re done getting one case at the lowest possible rates. And 35 thousand credits if you’re wearing the trinket, using booster for credits, and playing only ranked by the time you get enough shrieks for your first case. In each scenario, you will be able to buy ~another chance at a halloween card in equipment cases alone. How? Because you have missions and daily play bonuses for the next few weeks and the fudging event drops halloween cards.

So for 5$ and a solid 32 hours of play time, you will likely get a solid 4-6 halloween cards. With at least 2 guaranteed. Unpaid you can still net a solid 3 cards, with one guaranteed with ~30 hours of in game time as well. For me? This isn’t terrible at all.

(Xenithos) #20

Also, I see why you posted, didn’t mean to hit disagree on your comment about them adjusting price of shrieks for the case as well. It should be 60-100 shrieks for a case now, but whatever. Rely on smart consumerism snickers