Idea for proxy rework

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #41

@HadronZodiac

As I said: stop trying to look good by claiming you dont get affected by real game problems

Well you never said that.
And I never said I don’t get affected by “real game.” I die to Proxy mines way more than I probably should for someone with almost 1000 hours in the game, I still hibernate behind a Turtle-Aura combo even if I know there’s an Arty on the other team, and I’ve lost 90% of the fights I’ve had with a Javelin. I never said I was that good at the game.
I explained gamesense to you, and how it applies in Dirty Bomb. Like I said, a good chunk of the problems you have with the game is a simple effect of you not being very good (yet?). If you know there’s an Arty on the other team, position yourself in an area where you can take cover once you hear the Arty strike initiate. Don’t just throw your hands up in the air and say “f*ck it, it’s too hard.” Git gud.

(B_Montiel) #42

@HadronZodiac said:
As I said: stop trying to look good by claiming you dont get affected by real game problems

So far you’ve mentioned couple of issues you have with proxy, most of which are not to most experienced players eyes, and, on top of that, you dont come with any solutions to compensate. If mines are the most damaging single explosion ability, there’s a reason for that, they’d totally useless otherwise, even in pub.

Being stuck with the idea of annoying = good is a massive mistake, especially in this game. Are Phantom, Rhino, Kira and Proxy annoying to play against ? They sure are, because they’re - under very specific circumstances - cheap kills grabbers. Are they good ? In very specific spot, yes, but that’s it, and they turn totally underwhelming in the rest of the game, and more importantly, they’re making kills that won’t benefit to the rest of the team.

Happily, servers have been so clunky during the last 6 months and his abilities got literally bugged up to death, because there’s a hell lot to say about fletcher in the same way you do with proxy. He also got toned down since he only got 3 stickies and increased recharge rate, but he’s still more potent than any other engineer in 90% of the game. You probably disagree, but that’s a widely shared opinion. And you know why ? Because he’s the most average engineer. He packs some punch which actually usable and reliable, biggest hp pool and potent weapons. More generally, average mercs tend to be the best choice for any single class.

So yes, I totally consider those : Average/reliability = Good and Annoying = Useless.
And every single update made annoying mercs further annoying and average mercs more… average. Yes, 3 years of balancing just worsen the gap somehow…

You totally can disagree on that one, but we’re definitely not playing the same game.

(HadronZodiac) #43

@MuddyGrenade said:
@HadronZodiac

And I never said I don’t get affected by “real game.” I die to Proxy mines way more than I probably should for someone with almost 1000 hours in the game, I still hibernate behind a Turtle-Aura combo even if I know there’s an Arty on the other team, and I’ve lost 90% of the fights I’ve had with a Javelin. I never said I was that good at the game.
I explained gamesense to you, and how it applies in Dirty Bomb. Like I said, a good chunk of the problems you have with the game is a simple effect of you not being very good (yet?). If you know there’s an Arty on the other team, position yourself in an area where you can take cover once you hear the Arty strike initiate. Don’t just throw your hands up in the air and say “f*ck it, it’s too hard.” Git gud.

Youd be surprised how many times i have, you just refuse to read it :smiley:

(HadronZodiac) #44

@B_Montiel said:

@HadronZodiac said:

So far you’ve mentioned couple of issues you have with proxy, most of which are not to most experienced players eyes, and, on top of that, you dont come with any solutions to compensate. If mines are the most damaging single explosion ability, there’s a reason for that, they’d totally useless otherwise, even in pub.

Being stuck with the idea of annoying = good is a massive mistake, especially in this game. Are Phantom, Rhino, Kira and Proxy annoying to play against ? They sure are, because they’re - under very specific circumstances - cheap kills grabbers. Are they good ? In very specific spot, yes, but that’s it, and they turn totally underwhelming in the rest of the game, and more importantly, they’re making kills that won’t benefit to the rest of the team.

Happily, servers have been so clunky during the last 6 months and his abilities got literally bugged up to death, because there’s a hell lot to say about fletcher in the same way you do with proxy. He also got toned down since he only got 3 stickies and increased recharge rate, but he’s still more potent than any other engineer in 90% of the game. You probably disagree, but that’s a widely shared opinion. And you know why ? Because he’s the most average engineer. He packs some punch which actually usable and reliable, biggest hp pool and potent weapons. More generally, average mercs tend to be the best choice for any single class.

So yes, I totally consider those : Average/reliability = Good and Annoying = Useless.
And every single update made annoying mercs further annoying and average mercs more… average. Yes, 3 years of balancing just worsen the gap somehow…

You totally can disagree on that one, but we’re definitely not playing the same game.

2 years is (imo) enough to be considered to have experience but mk kid

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #45

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:
@HadronZodiac

Read every single one of your posts on this thread, nothing in them that says I try to make myself look good.
Why do you think that people don’t read your posts?

(GatoCommodore) #46

@HadronZodiac said:

A - the fact that you are asking this question means you have not read all of my response, and therefore your opinion is useless.

dismissing an argument because of your own incompetence is very telling on how you live your life imho

im not saying you’re some sort of failure, but people who fail in life tends to do this.

(HadronZodiac) #47

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:
@HadronZodiac

Read every single one of your posts on this thread, nothing in them that says I try to make myself look good.
Why do you think that people don’t read your posts?

A - someone claimed i wanted to nerf aura to the shitter
B - Someone just said what i said a comment before on a dif post and trying to pass it on as their own
C - want more?

(HadronZodiac) #48

@GatoCommodore said:

@HadronZodiac said:

A - the fact that you are asking this question means you have not read all of my response, and therefore your opinion is useless.

dismissing an argument because of your own incompetence is very telling on how you live your life imho

im not saying you’re some sort of failure, but people who fail in life tends to do this.

Dismissing an argument using insults is very telling on how you live your life imho

(Eox) #49

That thread is going downhill. Closing.