[HUDEdit 2.0.1] The Software to Modify Your HUD! - NOW WITH UHD SUPPORT!

(Xyfurion) #21

[i]Damn guys. thank you for all the support! To address many of your concerns, if you are having trouble opening and viewing HUDEdit, please make sure of two things:

1. That the bin folder is in the same directory as HUDEdit.exe
  2. That your Java version is up to date and matching HUDEdit version (ie. 32-Bit and 64-Bit). If worse comes to worst, reinstall Java (or update it) from here and use the Zip version if you are using the Setup.[/i]

@sweetColumn @Nimeni @Dox @KoelKastVarken @DaaDog @Speedless_Flash @wickedPalanquin

(Speedless_Flash) #22

still doesnt work

downloaded java today.

Still NOPE

(lightheartedRibbon) #23

same problem here can set my ratio and then nothing happens
no window where i can go to fullscreen
Tested on laptop and tower pc both windows 10 + new installed(updated) java 64 bit

(x3mytiz) #24

@Xyfurion
I think I’ve found the problem and it appear when one is using install version (zip version is OK).
After installation, bin folder contain only folder structure, no files! You have to replace it with bin folder from zip file.
W7 64bits, HUD 32bits application.

(Xyfurion) #25

@Nimeni Thank you! That clears things up!

Removing the Installer Version.

Anyone who downloaded the Setup, please use the ZIP archive instead.

(x3mytiz) #26

No problem, mate. Keep up the good work.
Your HUD Editor it’s so usefull but Load Preset function will transform it into a masterpiece!

(Wolven) #27

I had problems launching the application. (ZIP version) Nothing happened when I started the exe. I fixed this by installing the same bit version of Java as the program. Looks like the Java installer gives you the 32-bit version as default, so if you download the 64-bit application and install the 32-bit Java version, the program won’t launch.

So in short: Make sure you’re running the same bit version of Java as the program.

Manual Java download: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

(GatoCommodore) #28

i think i did something with my java years ago when i still do coding.
maybe mine just outdated.
thx anyway for the advice

(Herr_Hanz) #29

My problem:

it opens like this, and there is no way that i can drag the screen to the left/up, it also overlaps any program i try to alt tab to, and the only way i quit the program is by alt+f4.

also, is there a way to change resolution when you set 1920x1080 as ‘set as default’ without editing the options notepad? think that that might be a handy addition.

EDIT: i dragged some stuff around before making the screenshot, thats why stuff like the taunt menu are in weird places.

EDIT2: nvm i found out how moving the screen works

(Amerika) #30

Dependencies are a b**** :slight_smile: I saw that you posted this the other day and saw the java requirement and I thought to myself, “this might get messy”.

(Bestfinlandball) #31

I really enjoy this program, but it shoved the popup for plants, defuses and repairs right in the middle of the screen making it difficult to aim.

(Xyfurion) #32

[quote=“Herr_Hanz;c-216122”]My problem:
-I have scissors-

it opens like this, and there is no way that i can drag the screen to the left/up, it also overlaps any program i try to alt tab to, and the only way i quit the program is by alt+f4.

also, is there a way to change resolution when you set 1920x1080 as ‘set as default’ without editing the options notepad? think that that might be a handy addition.

EDIT: i dragged some stuff around before making the screenshot, thats why stuff like the taunt menu are in weird places.

EDIT2: nvm i found out how moving the screen works[/quote]

The Overlapping bit is intentional due to the way I want fullscreen to work. To change the resolution, go to the settings window by clicking “Settings” in the option window.

(Xyfurion) #33

[quote=“bestfinlandball;c-216201”]I really enjoy this program, but it shoved the popup for plants, defuses and repairs right in the middle of the screen making it difficult to aim.
[/quote]

Yes, I agree, it is very annoying. As mentioned above, this is due to a bug from SD. Not much I can do about it. What you can do is change the attachment of the asset via Options window.

It gets very frustrating. xD Hopefully I can get someone to make a web port or figure out how to do it myself.

Please? @Amerika @Ardez @Eox

(candysays) #34

I can create the conf and copy it to right location but the game wont use it, it is still using the default conf.

(Herr_Hanz) #35

you need to set the conf to read only, else DB will overwrite it.

(Herr_Hanz) #36

@Xyfurion the spawn timer is bugged. this:

looks like this ingame:

(Madonna_) #37

FIXED IT, delete post please!

(candysays) #38

you need to set the conf to read only, else DB will overwrite it.[/quote]

That worked. It was a bit odd that the modification date didn’t change when it was overwritten. Thanks.

(Herr_Hanz) #39

you need to set the conf to read only, else DB will overwrite it.[/quote]

That worked. It was a bit odd that the modification date didn’t change when it was overwritten. Thanks.
[/quote]

the DB UE3 files are checked and remade if they are missing/something is different, everytime you start DB. so if you want a default .ini, just remove all .ini’s and start up the game, and it will make you new ones for free,

(bontsa) #40

@Herr_Hanz Xyfurion did state in his original post which HUD elements do not go in place the editor makes them to, because of SD’s bug. Wavetimer is one of those few. Just edit them by hand by changing the Alignment and finding right X / Y position.