How to fix contracts

(Jigstraw) #1

I noticed today after joining a match that ended like -20 seconds after i joined, that badge exp doesn’t count towards contracts.

How difficult would it be to make badge exp go to the category most applicable to the specific badge?

Ammo Cache, Stockpile, Armory, Ammo 1, Ammo 2, Ammo 3, Healing 1, Healing 2, Healing 3, Revive Spree, Miracle Worker, The Doctor, Paramedic, Healing Hands, and Medicine Man badges should give support exp when you get the badges, which counts towards your contract.

Triple Kill, Quadruple Kill, Ace, Assists lvl 1, Assists lvl 2, Assists lvl3, Kills lvl 1, Kills lvl 2, Kills lvl 3, Blast Master, Boom, Explodydendron, Finish Him, First Blood, Dominating, Revenge, Killing Spree, Rampage, Unstoppable, Godlike, Road Rage, Gunner, Melee Kills lvl 1, Melee Kills lvl 2, Melee Kills lvl 3, Midair, Killing Spree Ended, Rampage Ended, Unstoppable Ended, and Godlike Ended badges should give combat exp which counts towards your contract.

Honor Guard, Cutting it Fine, Mission Possible!, Shut Down, Objectives 1, Objectives 2, Objectives 3, Spec Ops, Can’t Touch This, Demolition Expert, Gauntlet, and Rain of Fire badges should give Objective exp which counts towards your contracts.

Idk if Huntsman and Target Acquired should be support or combat tbh, they’re kind of weird badges.

But this would make the contracts so much less of an irritating grindy nightmare if these changes could be made.

Poll on the Third MegaContract (answers would be appreciated)
(AlbinMatt) #2

Aw yiss. This is actually a brilliant idea.

Seriously, that’s just a nice and simple mechanic since it really encourages you to do well rather than just getting the XP.

(Eox) #3

Great idea. TBH I don’t get why it’s not already the case.

(Jigstraw) #4

Am I gonna get in trouble for necroing my own thread? :stuck_out_tongue: it’s still a relevant issue/idea.

(K1X455) #5

Badges (depending on what they are) add to the Combat, Game Mode and Support XP.

Ever notice how you can get approximately 8k in Support XP by just Aura’s health Station?

Problem with badges is, Game Mode XP takes a serious hit because there’s a bug that doesn’t award badges properly.

The potential to have over 6k Game Mode XP in one Objective match (say Bridge or Chapel) is a tad difficult if not near impossible because after making one delivery of the detonators the game chooses to award the badges in the end rather than on the event of “delivery”. Same goes Undeground. If you get to plant the bomb but die in the course of detonating the bomb, there is a chance you won’t get the objective badge even if you’re the one who planted the bomb.

(Jigstraw) #6

They absolutely do not work like that currently. Unless it’s changed since this was posted, badge exp is a separate entity from all other types of experience, which is why the best third contract you can get is general exp rather than combat/objective/support, since badges DO count towards that one.

As for aura, the issue with health stations is that the average player doesn’t want to leave the safety net of the health station, so they don’t push, and it wastes a LOT of time, especially on attack. She’s great with a good team, but you can’t rely on most teammates in public matches :stuck_out_tongue: I find phoenix, sawbonez, sparks, and now guardian with the buff to her bionic pulse, way more fun than aura anyway.