Guardian Special Edition Case will be RNG

(ImSploosh) #1

It appears that Guardian’s Special Edition skin will only be available in a 100% RNG case, meaning the same as Javelin’s special edition case. This is terrible and I really hope they change it. People don’t want to waste money on something they’ll never use. It’s bad enough it will be expensive for a single skin, but you probably won’t be able to purchase more cases to try and get the card you want.

I’m taking this information based off the Twitter post: https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/917449611631001603

We keep asking for this not to happen, but it happens anyways. They’re essentially denying profits by doing this. I’m sure a lot of people will stray away from buying the case if it’s how I suspect it to be. It really bothers me that they don’t like catering to their paying customers lol

@stayfreshshoe Please take a look at this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/75bpil/guardian_special_edition_case_will_be_rng/

Now consider the customers you’re missing out on. Everyone wants these one-off cases to not be RNG. Let us choose our loadouts, there’s no reason not to. You can only gain from it. The support is tremendous. Please consider listening to your customers about paid items. The Obsidian releases were done well, why not allow for the same with these one-off cases? Or at the very least, drop the prices and allow us to purchase more than one so us gamblers at heart can truly throw money at you. We like shiny stuff that we can use.

(Sorotia) #2

Well if nothing else I can say I don’t find that skin nearly as appealing as Javelin’s…but yeah I get exactly what you were saying and it’s RNG with the odds you wont get what you want.

Why couldn’t they just give her a single card with all 3 of her new weapons, the loadout on that card doesn’t exactly look OP.

(ImSploosh) #3

@Sorotia said:
Well if nothing else I can say I don’t find that skin nearly as appealing as Javelin’s…but yeah I get exactly what you were saying and it’s RNG with the odds you wont get what you want.

Why couldn’t they just give her a single card with all 3 of her new weapons, the loadout on that card doesn’t exactly look OP.

If you ask me, this is what would make the most sense if they really don’t want to let people choose their paid loadouts. I wish they would have done it with Javelin too. Unfortunately, by the looks of it, we won’t be getting anything we’ve been asking for. To be honest, I’d like to hear a dev respond so we can at least see their train of thought and not be kept in the dark lol. I mean, I’m just trying to throw my money at them.

(pumpkinmeerkat) #4

so confused. much disappoint.

(Sorotia) #5

@ImSploosh said:

@Sorotia said:

If you ask me, this is what would make the most sense if they really don’t want to let people choose their paid loadouts. I wish they would have done it with Javelin too. Unfortunately, by the looks of it, we won’t be getting anything we’ve been asking for. To be honest, I’d like to hear a dev respond so we can at least see their train of thought and not be kept in the dark lol. I mean, I’m just trying to throw my money at them.

Probably so they can do what they did with Javelin, gonna gold plate all of the other mercs for a new event.

(n-x) #6

Just stop participating in cash for RNG. Everybody who is falling for that is partly to blame for them keeping RNG in-game. If they stop making profit with it, they will have to change their monetary system.

(Sorotia) #7

@n-x said:
Just stop participating in cash for RNG. Everybody who is falling for that is partly to blame for them keeping RNG in-game. If they stop making profit with it, they will have to change their monetary system.

Wish it was that simple…but people are going to buy it no matter what. People spend 35 dollars (The cost of a mid range game or expansion) knowing very well they could walk away with 10 completely useless silvers…but people still do it.

(ImSploosh) #8

@n-x said:

My problem is that it just doesn’t make any sense for them to do it this way in the first place. You can’t even purchase a second case, so why make it RNG? I could understand if they dropped the price a bit and allowed you to purchase multiple cases so you could possibly get the card you want. That’s what just confuses me the most.

If they started catering to their customers more, they would be making more profit off of these cases. I don’t have much of a problem with RNG, but RNG on cases that you can only purchase once is ridiculous.

At least she’s blonde in this one unlike Javelin’s nasty red hair. I don’t think I’ll be getting this one unless I love her new primaries because Saw and Phoenix are good enough for me and I don’t see myself playing her that much.

(n-x) #10

@Sorotia I know, it is illusionary that enough people will stop buying RNG cases to make an impact. But if you are annoyed by the system, then dont participate in it. I dont get why people buy the RNG cases and then complain about it. You have never been promised a good loadout. You buy a chance to roll the dice in a game the is stacked against you. If you just like shinny cards and dont care about weapons/loadouts. Great, have fun. If you want something else out of it, maybe you should think twice about it before you invest your RL money in it.

(ImSploosh) #11

Posted this on the reddit too. Think I’ll double-post all of my threads onto the reddit because this forum receives almost zero attention from the devs anymore. So many problems posted here haven’t been fixed and issues like this aren’t even considered.

(bushyg) #12

New melee weapon is also only on double time cards, what a fucking joke lol.

They would make more money if they gave us more choice or flexibility with these things. That’s why it’s confusing to me. There is absolutely no way they wouldn’t profit more by lowering prices and increasing probability. I’d willingly be throwing a lot more money at them than I am currently if we’d see some of these changes. The only way I think the current system could be extremely profitable would be if we were able to get something in return. If these cards were about rarity and value rather than cosmetics, but without any loadout trading or ways to break down special editions into an in-game currency or something like fragments, they have no actual value and thus most aren’t willing to gamble on these things for a small chance at a purely cosmetic gain.

(GatoCommodore) #14

im just gonna wait for a month after release tbh

my experience of trying to craft something in every start of the event are pretty bad
its like they are shelling the worst cards at the start then gradually becomes good afterwards.

(Press E) #15

I just wish they’d stop doing skins that looked like the normal cards. First shiny bronze cards, now a boring gold. If I’m going to buy a skin, then at least give me something special.

I mean, at least the ghostclip skins fit with javelin’s theme more or less. But this, like, what is this? An electric themed merc, imagine all the possibilities. But no, boring yellow. And not even cool or vibrant like the ranked season 3 cards.

(Mc1412013) #16

I most likely will be using credits and buying a bronse card from the store if at all to make sure its the new weapons . I didnt get the javelin rng crap case because her reskin was horible to me and i would have received a crap card with out schar and axe. Though im glad i got the i picled the o e with out ax as ax is broken. And altho i like the gold skin im not wasting money if theres a 99.9% chance of geting a card with out all 3 new weapons.

(ImSploosh) #17

@bushyg said:
New melee weapon is also only on double time cards, what a @$!# joke lol.

I really dislike most of the loadouts as well. Some of them look alright, but there’s only one with all 3 new weapons, and the augments aren’t very desirable. At least Javelin’s cards are all pretty effective and have great augments to match.

@Wintergreen said:
They would make more money if they gave us more choice or flexibility with these things. That’s why it’s confusing to me. There is absolutely no way they wouldn’t profit more by lowering prices and increasing probability. I’d willingly be throwing a lot more money at them than I am currently if we’d see some of these changes. The only way I think the current system could be extremely profitable would be if we were able to get something in return. If these cards were about rarity and value rather than cosmetics, but without any loadout trading or ways to break down special editions into an in-game currency or something like fragments, they have no actual value and thus most aren’t willing to gamble on these things for a small chance at a purely cosmetic gain.

Exactly! I’ve been saying the same thing!

Also, as a side note, the Dirty Bomb reddit is insanely active. Check out my post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/75bpil/guardian_special_edition_case_will_be_rng/

(Patikslap) #18

Hmmm. I just started playing less then a week ago and Im just trying to get a feel for the game and the developers. I really hate rng rewards but I really love fps games where team work is essential. I have not yet determined if I want to spend money on the game, but reading stuff like this is really a put off.

(AlbinMatt) #19

@Patikslap said:
Hmmm. I just started playing less then a week ago and Im just trying to get a feel for the game and the developers. I really hate rng rewards but I really love fps games where team work is essential. I have not yet determined if I want to spend money on the game, but reading stuff like this is really a put off.

If you do find passion in the game, and want to support the devs, force them to be supported properly. The guaranteed (cash only) Obsidian loadouts are a good example of this theoretically (haven’t bought any yet).

Oh yeah, and screw RNG.

(Ptiloui) #20

It’s very very … very sad. Because when Turtle came out, it came with a fixed obsidian loadout with his default weapon. Why they didn’t make the same for Jav and now Guardian, i don’t understand.

@Mc1412013 said:
I didnt get the javelin rng crap case because her reskin was horible to me and i would have received a crap card with out schar and axe.

Well, i bought the Jav + SE case and this is what i actually got : SE loadout without any of her special weapon :confused: But i actually find the special skin pretty cool so im not that mad.
But for Guardian… well, she’s blonde and… that’s pretty all she got special here, doesn’t she ?

It’s sad being torn between wanting to support the game and make them understand to stop their rng BS by not buying it.