Guardian Special Edition Case will be RNG

(Sorotia) #21

@Ptiloui said:
It’s very very … very sad. Because when Turtle came out, it came with a fixed obsidian loadout with his default weapon. Why they didn’t make the same for Jav and now Guardian, i don’t understand.

@Mc1412013 said:
I didnt get the javelin rng crap case because her reskin was horible to me and i would have received a crap card with out schar and axe.

Well, i bought the Jav + SE case and this is what i actually got : SE loadout without any of her special weapon :confused: But i actually find the special skin pretty cool so im not that mad.
But for Guardian… well, she’s blonde and… that’s pretty all she got special here, doesn’t she ?

It’s sad being torn between wanting to support the game and make them understand to stop their rng BS by not buying it.

Her outfit is gold and her weapon is like a yellow holofoil looking material…Javelin had a cool skin and blood on her hands.

(RyuKaiser29) #22

@Sorotia said:
Well if nothing else I can say I don’t find that skin nearly as appealing as Javelin’s…but yeah I get exactly what you were saying and it’s RNG with the odds you wont get what you want.

Why couldn’t they just give her a single card with all 3 of her new weapons, the loadout on that card doesn’t exactly look OP.

See, this is what I thought I would be getting with the skin card, that I’d at least get something with the new rifle. Unfortunately not. I got some an awesome skin with a crap build and I ended up using the base loadout until I ended up getting the bronze version of the one I wanted, and now I use that.

I love the look of the new skin, I love the build, but I’ve always thought attaching builds to cards is frelling horrendous. Still, if they haven’t fixed having 4 classes and only 3 mercs at a time for use in a match, I really doubt they’d fix this either. I just want the new stuff. I would buy the new stuff. Give me the skin and the new stuff. Not going to? Meh. I’ll just boot up Overwatch and play that then. I can get new, amazing skins without paying a dime.

(Meerkats) #23

I would be fine if skins were sorted out this way:

If a skin can only be obtained via cash e.g. various obsidians, ( bullshit RNG ) Ghost Javelin, ( bullshit RNG ) Pirin Guardian, that skin is actually a skin, applied account-wide, meaning you can apply it to any loadout you own. You’ve paid for that skin; it is now yours, forever. This does mean that if you purchased a Phantom or Phoenix obsidian pack, you’ve lost the extra you paid for the bonus loadouts, but it’s better to swallow that pill now than have to deal with the way obsidians are handled now, forever into the future.

If a skin is obtained via ingame obtained case, then the skin is tied to the loadout. This would make good cobalts extra special, even compared to all the “obsidians” flooding the market. I remember back in the old days, cobalts had this almost magical mystique as everybody wanted one and nobody had any. Now, with all of these obsidians and ( bullshit RNG ) LE’s, that magic has been severely diminished.

It’s a good compromise solution, which, imo, is the only possibility of any change to the skin / loadout system we have now, as Splash Damage is now showing their greedy side ( understandable as they’ve lost Nexon’s backing ).

(Chilled Sanity) #24

@Meerkats said:
I would be fine if skins were sorted out this way:

If a skin can only be obtained via cash e.g. various obsidians, ( bullshit RNG ) Ghost Javelin, ( bullshit RNG ) Pirin Guardian, that skin is actually a skin, applied account-wide, meaning you can apply it to any loadout you own. You’ve paid for that skin; it is now yours, forever.

inb4 Bootlox RNG skinz for Loadouts

(ImSploosh) #25

updated. Hoping they’ll change the Guardian case somehow…? Too late I guess, but they surely must have seen the thread on reddit? It was on top for quite a while.

(ImSploosh) #26

pls