Guardian nerf or buff


(Mc1412013) #1

Last one should be “sd pleas buff the crap out of her”. I dont know what happened. i went to hit delete and browser went wonky, and i cant edit the pole entry to fix.
.
.
@stayfreshshoe @Pinflux can u pass these results to the dev team. I know it only represents a small number but us forum members would like to have some input considered.


(GatoCommodore) #2

let her have passive health regen like javelin ammo printer but slower


(Guziol) #3

I like her the way she is. Maybe give her slighly better hp regen. A permanent “tough” effect or so.


(Ptiloui) #4

After playing her, i feel Guardian is in a really weird spot. Her HP and Assault rifle make her to be in front line, but the lack of healing ability ask for another medic to support, thus making her revive ability quite redundant.

As Javelin is somewhat a mix of Nader and a fire support, Guardian is a sort of a mix of Turtle and Sparks.

Guardian should be played as if she was an assault merc with a revive ability.

If she needs a buff, i think the duration of the drone could be raised, with maybe a longer CD then.


(dlux) #5

Some slight changes are welcome, but definitly no huge buffs or nerfs.

  1. You should be able to revive someone if the “ball” hits that person, I bet it’s also intended that way but just not working correctly atm.

  2. Kira’s laser just went straight trough the shield, that’s a shame. Maybe I ran out of the shield somehow, but afaik it doesn’t stop the kira laser.


(Mc1412013) #6

@dlux said:
Some slight changes are welcome, but definitly no huge buffs or nerfs.

  1. You should be able to revive someone if the “ball” hits that person, I bet it’s also intended that way but just not working correctly atm.

  2. Kira’s laser just went straight trough the shield, that’s a shame. Maybe I ran out of the shield somehow, but afaik it doesn’t stop the kira laser.

Not supposed to stop kira laser


(dlux) #7

@Mc1412013 said:

@dlux said:
Some slight changes are welcome, but definitly no huge buffs or nerfs.

  1. You should be able to revive someone if the “ball” hits that person, I bet it’s also intended that way but just not working correctly atm.

  2. Kira’s laser just went straight trough the shield, that’s a shame. Maybe I ran out of the shield somehow, but afaik it doesn’t stop the kira laser.

Not supposed to stop kira laser

And that’s a shame, because Kira’s laser is the most annoying and unpredictable support ability.


(Mc1412013) #8

@dlux said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@dlux said:
Some slight changes are welcome, but definitly no huge buffs or nerfs.

  1. You should be able to revive someone if the “ball” hits that person, I bet it’s also intended that way but just not working correctly atm.

  2. Kira’s laser just went straight trough the shield, that’s a shame. Maybe I ran out of the shield somehow, but afaik it doesn’t stop the kira laser.

Not supposed to stop kira laser

And that’s a shame, because Kira’s laser is the most annoying and unpredictable support ability.

Who knows in a few weeks we have another merc being released. maybe he or she can take out the laser. Though im surpresed phantom cant disable her controls and prevent her from moving it.


(OwynTyler) #9

Make drone destroy only moving deployables ;s not already laying around ones…


(STARRYSOCK) #10

I think she needs a rework, not so much a nerf or buff. Whoever playtested her, it feels like they haven’t played a medic for more than an hour.
My main issue with her is the cooldown on her AOE revive. The range is a bit stupid, so perhaps they could majorly nerf the range and remove the cooldown. I don’t see why she should be able to revive people more than 10 meters away from her, that’s sparks’ job, or even a fast aura. Teammates almost never die next to each other, and having to revive more than one just encourages bad habits like tap revives. If that was fixed, she’d be pretty much fine for me.

Her drone seems a bit buggy and very situational so far though. In the demos showcasing her it seemed to be used as something that you’d throw when you notice an airstrike marker, but not before. But the deploy time is so long that that strategy is usually pointless. Not to mention when a drone is up, no one with a brain will use projectiles anyways, so you won’t get XP for it (something guardian is quite lacking in). As it is, it’s more of a preventative measure than a defensive measure, meaning it doesn’t feel like a real counter and more like a 10 second annoyance.
I’ve also seen it get hung up on pieces of geometry too, but then again what doesn’t in DB.

I really want to like her, I love medics, but it feels like they really screwed up the medic aspects of her. Can’t help but wonder if they actually got any medic mains to test her, or if they were just assault mains.


(STARRYSOCK) #11

@dlux said:

@Mc1412013 said:
Not supposed to stop kira laser

And that’s a shame, because Kira’s laser is the most annoying and unpredictable support ability.

Meh, kira’s laser is pretty bad against decent players. It’s easy as hell to avoid if you pay attention, I’m glad it didn’t get an indirect nerf, because Arty’s ability was almost always better than kira otherwise.
Just stay inside or look where it’s moving and don’t go towards it, lol


(Xenithos) #12

Eh, I think she could be better. I see her being more useful in the competitive scene… Honestly, she is the stupidest thing alive when people revive you with 30 hp and you die 4 times… like, thanks, I think I’ll just respawn.


(Your worst knifemare.) #13

Error: Guardian not found, searching for response.

Estimated response time: 2-4 weeks to get Guardian :frowning: .


(GatoCommodore) #14

let the ball also heals 1hp per second


(Xenithos) #15

Question, why on earth do each of her fudging baton loadouts have double time!? I want baton loadouts without that perk dang it!
Also, is it just me, or does the loadout with all the new weapons happen to suck the most? Like, I don’t like a single perk it gives.


(Xenithos) #16

@Lord_Coctus said:
Error: Guardian not found, searching for response.

Estimated response time: 2-4 weeks to get Guardian :frowning: .

I’m confused, what is this in reference to?


(Your worst knifemare.) #17

@Xenithos said:

@Lord_Coctus said:
Error: Guardian not found, searching for response.

Estimated response time: 2-4 weeks to get Guardian :frowning: .

I’m confused, what is this in reference to?

Nothing… I just don’t have her, so I can’t give my opinion yet.


(Mc1412013) #18

I dont like how she cant heal like sparks. If the reviver overloads i can still manualy heal like non medics till the gun cools down. if u revive some one with guardian u cant even slow revive till the cool down period ends.


(KayDubz) #19

Buff for sure

  1. No healing ability
  2. Drone has a cooldown that just doesnt fit the ability. Too short imo. And I still get plenty of air strike kills.
  3. Kira laser takes out the drone easily, and the laser remains as equally devastating as before Guardians release. Especially on maps like Chapel.

tbh, Guardian is easily forgettable, and not someone I would play often. The new gun and melee weapon that you get with her only has limited Wow factor. It goes away after a few games with her.

She’s useless in ranked I believe. You’re much better off with a good Sawbonez, Sparks, or Aura…along with teammates that use their eyes and ears to listen for air strikes.

Forgettable merc is forgettable.


(Mc1412013) #20

@KayDubz said:
Buff for sure

  1. No healing ability
  2. Drone has a cooldown that just doesnt fit the ability. Too short imo. And I still get plenty of air strike kills.
  3. Kira laser takes out the drone easily, and the laser remains as equally devastating as before Guardians release. Especially on maps like Chapel.

tbh, Guardian is easily forgettable, and not someone I would play often. The new gun and melee weapon that you get with her only has limited Wow factor. It goes away after a few games with her.

She’s useless in ranked I believe. You’re much better off with a good Sawbonez, Sparks, or Aura…along with teammates that use their eyes and ears to listen for air strikes.

Forgettable merc is forgettable.

Dunno played 20 games today and hasnt lost the wow factor yet for me. I like her primary way better than the shar c I and my normal favorite of the hotchfir. think her pistol feels too week which maybe because it sounds quiet, and batons are harder to hit with than a knife though im used to katana and cricket bat. I missed a fletcher withs batons and it killed him when she was retracting her arms. Thougj that may have been bad ping on his end as i was 20-24 ping the whole game.