Global Stats Questions

(RR2DO2) #21

Ok… Enjoy your time wherever you go. May the Tapir be with you!

(B0rsuk) #22

Does the rank system punish you for going AFK ? It really should. It’s actually one of worst problems on pubs. If 2 people on your team are away from keyboard , it’s like one team is +2 bigger than the other. That sucks as far as balance is concerned.
If someone needs to go away for a relatively short time ,he should go observer and rank system wouldn’t punish that.

(SKaREO) #23

I’ll enjoy watching your business sink when you are destroyed by titles such as Crysis, UT3, and of course, Severity.

No one will miss me and no one here will be missed. Have fun continuing to wait for Splash Damage to put the final touches on the biggest disappointment of 2006 (wow its 2007 now, yikes your game is already old!)

(Strogg) #24

Well I hope they have a small script you can put in like in Tribes 2. The Admin could setup a time limit. IE: lets say the admin setup a time limit of 5 mins. now if a player did not move within the 5 min limit the server would auto kick you off the server. It was an awesome tool for us admins. It kept the afk’ers off the server. YEA!!! :smiley:

(madness) #25

why are you still here ? :shock:

Didn’t you leave like couple weeks ago ?

(kamikazee) #26

Crysis = shiny graphics. UT 3 = fragfest. Severity = hardcore competition, more fragging. BF = sandbox. WoW = yay, collecting stuff is fun!

And where does ET:QW fit in? Somewhere in all of that but not completely.

I’d say it will not be crushed, even if it might not be a BF killer. (Which was always proposed as a side effect, not a primary objective.) And whilst I start to spot some potential nuisances, I know that the modding support will allow me and others to change the game to a form we like.
I still trust this to be a good game and a great mod host.

We told you earlier to play W:ET and see if it fits your style, if it doesn’t then you are just out of luck.

(Redux) #27

stats is the worst thing any game can have. It will be mindless running against targets to get repairpoints , people will avoid attacking targets before others since its usualy the last hit that gives the points. People will revive other players even if they are doomed when they wake up, so they can revive them again.

The difference between public in bf1942 and bf2 was huge just because of the stats system in bf2. Over 2 years of competive play in bf2 i had around 20 hours public, and most of theese where in the first weeks.

And i hope that et:qw has a longer learning curve than what bf2 had , so its propably needed some more publicplay in the start, dont let stats ruin the public feeling , because in my opinion stats doesnt help teamplay.

(SKaREO) #28

why are you still here ? :shock:

Didn’t you leave like couple weeks ago ?[/quote]
Yea I left last time, after reading posts from morons such as yourself.

(ayatollah) #29

I don’t understand what you mean because I’ve never played those games before.

Looks like this is just another n00b title. Have fun with it, I’ll be buying much more interesting titles that are coming up.

Oh and I tried W:ET, it was the worst FPS I have ever played…[/quote]

::sigh:: We have heard this before…http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=171103&highlight=#171103

I wish you would go to be honest, nothing of worth has every come from your keyboard. Forget May the Tapir be With You, I want the Tapir back… :tapir:

EDIT: Damn you all for getting in before me while I searched for his last leaving post…

(Strogg) #30

Well im not going to run a “RANKED” server. I could care less about stats. It will be for the people who are more into “TEAM PLAY” and “TOURNY” gameplay than egotisical stats game play. I plan to have a TOURNY at lest once a month on my server :banana: :drink:

(SKaREO) #31

Well im not going to run a “RANKED” server. I could care less about stats. It will be for the people who are more into “TEAM PLAY” than egotisical stats game play.[/quote]
Guess what, no one is going to join your server unless its ranked. Figure it out. This game is a:

FAILURE.

(Wils) #32

:banana:

(SKaREO) #33

(ayatollah) #34

First of all, it has been said that points are giving per amount of repair/damage, so if people want XP they would need to repair/damage vehicles and players. The XP does not all go to the last person to touch.

Secondly…STOP COMPARING THIS TO BATTLEFIELD! Please! :slight_smile:

(madness) #35

did daddy give you a beating today or what.

If you don’t like the game, go away :stuck_out_tongue:

(Strogg) #36

Well im not going to run a “RANKED” server. I could care less about stats. It will be for the people who are more into “TEAM PLAY” than egotisical stats game play.[/quote]
Guess what, no one is going to join your server unless its ranked. Figure it out. This game is a:

FAILURE.[/quote]

Well then dont play on it dude!!! muhahahahahaha :evil: :evil: :evil:

(kamikazee) #37

I guess I’ll need to write this down to see to which degree this is correct.

W:ET has seen worse with the addition of XP Save.

(SKaREO) #38

He’s not comparing this game to Battlefield, this game is emulating Battlefield.

(kamikazee) #39

Even if it is, it would emulate it in a good way. At least ask the guys playing it at E3 or other appropriate occasions.

(NoControl) #40

BF emulated ET and failed.