Generator map SP for RTCW by Kat.

(kat) #121

Fantasy dungeon crawler (but do have WWII ideas).

(Mateos) #122

Did you try with the Community Edition?

(ronboy) #123

Okay, good luck with your project.

By the way, have you seen the new engines for Rtcw called Berserker@WolfSP and ioRTCW? They are looking very promising, and they are intended to remove the current limitations of Rtcw.

I can give you a link to each engine if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

(kat) #124

Had been considering those but for possible commercial release the use of other peoples work always complicates things.

(melc_av) #125

Thanks for answer Kat,
But I hope that you don’t give up to make maps for RtCW SP, because you make an amasing work.
I hope that you will make an addon using Iortcw or berserker.
An addon with terrain maps.
I wish to take in consider this.
Once again, thanks.

(kat) #126

Big projects are hugely expensive to produce, especially when the end product has to be given away free to avoid infringing Copyright/IP - it’s not possible to set up crowd funding for example. This puts some of the big mods in a Catch 22; they might like to make more content, but that cannot without outside help. So it’s actually a pretty complicated situation, which is why modders basically turn their efforts towards Unity etc. and making their own games. It’s just the unfortunate reality of the situation.

(vicpas) #127

Hello, Kat.
You wrote on Generator map page (http://generator.katsbits.com/), these words:
generator’ - not to be confused with TramDesigns ‘DeGeneration’ MPmod (keep up the good work guys…!).

I found 3 links about multiplayer maps called Generator, maybe would be better to choose another name for your map or add another word in the name Generator.
The three links:

Note: Don’t forget that this post is not a criticism, but a suggestion.

Keep up the nice work and good luck.

(kat) #128

Not too worried about the conflicts over the name for this one, “Generator” has been around for a while now so it wouldn’t really make much sense to change it at this point in time. Also, and somewhat thankfully, the mod can use “sp_” prefix to make it distinct from any MP maps of the same/similar name.

(vicpas) #129

More than 20.000 views, have many people interested to see this work fishished.

(KeMoN) #130

:smiley:
Despite the fact that these weren’t 20.000 people visiting once, I totally agree with you, hihi. I just love to play the Singleplayer of RtCW and especially with eye-candy custom-made stuff. But let’s don’t pressure kat too much. If he had progress of the map he’d showed us/ or will.

Regards

EDIT (18.25h): To prevent misunderstandings, I know that vicpas joked about 20.000 people following this :wink:

EDIT2 (19.39h): Just changed the first EDIT into bold letters since it seems to be not noticed.

EDIT3 (19.08h): Since it seems that my humor is still not understood/appreciated/noticed I apologize for the big misunderstanding I’ve caused :tongue:

(Eugeny) #131

Despite the fact that these weren’t 20.000 people visiting once, I totally agree with you, hihi. I just love to play the Singleplayer of RtCW and especially with eye-candy custom-made stuff. But let’s don’t pressure kat too much. If he had progress of the map he’d showed us/ or will.
Regards
EDIT: To prevent misunderstandings, I know that vicpas joked about 20.000 people following this :wink:[/QUOTE]
So he said that more than 20,000 views, and not people have looked

(vicpas) #132

Thanks, Eugeny.

(kat) #133

[QUOTE=KeMoN;395008]…If he had progress of the map he’d showed us/ or will…[/QUOTE]This :wink:

I’m still making desicision about the levels, was doing some work on them the other day cutting chunks out of some and prepping to put other bits in. Even at this point nothing is set in stone; I can certainly appreciate AAA developers making decisions to trash whole sections of a game when they don’t quite work the way they expect.

Anywho… yes, thanks for the continued “views” :wink:, I am still working on this alongside my other projects/work

(ronboy) #134

“I can certainly appreciate AAA developers making decisions to trash whole sections of a game when they don’t quite work the way they expect.”

I too have trashed sections of a map if I don’t like how it turned out. Take your time kat; mapping isn’t a race. :wink:

(KeMoN) #135

[QUOTE=ronboy;395101]
I too have trashed sections of a map if I don’t like how it turned out. Take your time kat; mapping isn’t a race. :wink:[/QUOTE]
I suppose that’s just how mapping works. I for myself have restarted a mapping project 4 times but now I’m satisfied with the looks so I will continue on that version :slight_smile: (project is going on for about a year now)

(vicpas) #136

Hello, Kat.
Any progress?

(kat) #137

There are potentially 5 or 6 levels (lvl1-6 of varying sizes and complexity) in this miniMod. Right now (as I type this in fact) I’m doing the final testing on lvl1. So yes, progress is being made, if somewhat slowly :wink:

(ronboy) #138

5 or 6 levels? This mini mod will be the biggest one you’ve ever made! :cool:

(JCPrice) #139

“RTCW Single Player Pledge to KAT & ALL Mappers”

We solemnly testify we will devote more time playing and enjoying your mods and maps than you invested creating them.
Your hard work will forever live on in our memories.
PLEASE KEEP MAPPING

(ronboy) #140

[QUOTE=JCPrice;402132]“RTCW Single Player Pledge to KAT & ALL Mappers”

We solemnly testify we will devote more time playing and enjoying your mods and maps than you invested creating them.
Your hard work will forever live on in our memories.
PLEASE KEEP MAPPING[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry, JCPrice. Me, kat, Vicpas, and others are still mapping. Thanks for your support. :smiley: