Generator map SP for RTCW by Kat.

(kat) #141

Quick update.

The first level is done, 5 or so to go. Please note that I won’t be releasing any of the levels until the entire mod is complete (saves time and energy having to ‘prep’ each SP for use independent of the others). Cheers.

(ronboy) #142

Good news. :smiley:

(vicpas) #143

Hello, Kat.
Could you fill our minds full of dreams with some screenshots?

(kat) #144

I may be able to go one better, seeing as this is a level design forum. May take a couple of days to get things sorted out though :wink:

(kat) #145

Couple more images here, nothing too much to show because this first level is actually quite small considering it’s taking so long to put together (if default player ‘run’ is on, it can be done in less than 5 minutes… pfft)

Reused the ‘keep’ from Castlekeep
http://www.katsbits.com/images/maps/rtcw_generator/spkat5_lvl1_shot1.jpg
http://www.katsbits.com/images/maps/rtcw_generator/spkat5_lvl1_gtk2.jpg

(ronboy) #146

Great job, kat. Looking forward to more pics.

(melc_av) #147

Hello kat,
Any news for this big roject?
Thanks in advance!

(kat) #148

No news. Hard to believe four+ months passed since mentioning the project! Need a time machine.

(melc_av) #149

[QUOTE=kat;527623]No news. Hard to believe four+ months passed since mentioning the project! Need a time machine.[/QUOT

:):slight_smile: yes, and I need a time machine, too.
Thanks kat!
I/we wait news from you. Because yours terrain maps are the best.

(kat) #150

Still undecided about going with RtCW for this. Posted a bit more info on this here >>

//youtu.be/qQO5EtPt0NI

(ronboy) #151

[QUOTE=kat;544726]Still undecided about going with RtCW for this. Posted a bit more info on this here >>
[/QUOTE]

Nice! I hope that you will complete what you have started here, kat. You make some atmospheric maps, and you do a good job with the horror theme.

Generator was nice, but it seemed rather plain compared to Relic Hunt and Mages Skulls. You really should stick with horror whenever you create something for Rtcw.

This is just my criticism though. Thanks for your hard work! :smiley:

(kat) #152

Not a criticism if it’s true :wink:

(melc_av) #153

[QUOTE=kat;544726]Still undecided about going with RtCW for this. Posted a bit more info on this here >>

//youtu.be/qQO5EtPt0NI
[/QUOTE]

Hi Kat,
It is very nice. Project a sp map or an addon?

(kat) #154

Not sure at present.

(melc_av) #155

//youtu.be/qQO5EtPt0NI
[/QUOTE]

Hello Kat,
You decided about going with RtCW or not?

(kat) #156

Still not sure. Working on other things thinking about it. :o)

(melc_av) #157

Thaks for answer Kat.

(melc_av) #158

Hello Kat,

Have you any news about what will happened with that map.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

(kat) #159

It’s on hold… using Q3Map2 was causing lightmap distribution problems - a big map is broken into sections based on VIS but lightmap issues mean having to use smaller sections which can’t be done based on current design (basically splitting a corridor in half to get lightmaps to work which obviously then leaves an opening in the map section). Also need to use animated game models which aren’t possible iirc (you can place models but they’re generally static unless linked to a func_mover or some such, for a complex motion that is extremely difficult to set up (a coffin lid bursting open and flying through the air for example).

(William Faure) #160

I hope you’ll overcome or find an alternative to Q3Map2’s limitations without having to reduce your map; lightmap compiling stage has always been tricky for Wolfenstein mappers (classic example, which you made an amazing tutorial about: the shader overflow bug) and, because of that, creative freedom is impacted. You’ve been mapping for so long and I’m fond of your works (Relic Hunt and Castle Keep being my favorites), I hope I get to play that fifth project of yours.