Games you wanna enjoy, but you can't.

(TheStrangerous) #1

Fortnite

From what I’ve seen, the movement and gunplay mechanics look so cool. Oh, the fast paced arcadyness…
But I do not like Battle Royale mode… The huge open spaces, the loot mechanic… ugh… just slap a TDM mode, then I’ll consider a download.

Arena Shooter Genre

Again, the arcadyness, the advanced movement and creative weapon mechanics.
But it’s a RTS genre in disguise… You gotta know the maps more than enough, constantly do advanced movement to keep up, and constantly rush to powerups/weapons. Almost like a game of chess…
Guess if there was a 3 weapon limit (primary/secondary/melee or 2 primaries/melee), no powerups, then I’d be drawn in.

(Ptiloui) #2

Life is Feudal : MMO.

I played a bit the Your Own version i got in the humble bundle containing the special skins for DB. It was really nice. Encountered some kind people, you play like in real community, working on different task to fulfill all the needs for everybody.
But oh god how it’s time consuming ! I was doing the farm boy, feeding animals, seeding and growing wheat, picking up fruits, etc. It takes 1-2 hours daily only to do what is needed. Maybe with more people, we would have needed to spend less time for this. If i had another life, i would play this game, just to start as a peasant and, maybe after years, become lord of some lands.
The area of the “Your own” version is a 3x3 km square. The MMO version is 21x21 km square ! :o Everything is in real time and open world. Only battles are set in instances.

(CyberVonCyberus) #3

Don’t Starve Together:
A friend gifted me this game last year, I know it’s a great game and all but I simply don’t enjoy survival games such as these and I find this one to be too unforgiving where at some point recovery is impossible no matter what we do, if I play with other players they do all the work and I feel useless, if I play alone I can’t get past the first week.

Long War 2 (a mod for Xcom 2):
Pavonis did an amazing work on this mod, it completely changed how the game works, mostly for the better especially on the strategic layer (despite how the infiltration can be annoying) and the new enemies which are very tough especially the muton elites. The one problem I have is the whole meta game changed too, soldier classes are completely different too and I can never grasp their role but what makes it harder to me is the fact there is those skills such as +1 weapon damage, +10 bonus aim when firing at the same target twice, mind controlled soldiers can be instantly executed…etc which make me even more confused about the role of these classes as they are mostly minor buffs instead of abilities like in the vanilla game. Maybe I’ll give it another shot this time continuing despite the confusion

Borderlands 2.

I can confidently say there is no other game I’ve ever been so excited for and disappointed to the extent I was. It is a good game, yes, but I’ll never like it because of a million different reasons. Here, I’ll summarize because I don’t have the energy to type an entire novel about it. I probably could, too. I should also preface this by saying I played the original since day 1, likely have surpassed 15k total hours on it over the years, and know it from the inside out.

They marketed it as having more loot, but implemented a completely watered-down weapon generation and rarity system compared to the first. The guns are trash and the variety sucks.
Took the crude humor so obnoxiously far the game became dull and annoying.
End-game bosses are monotonous. They turned it into raid boss style garbage from MMOs.
The characters suck compared to the first, and they destroyed said original characters’ personalities in their involvement with the sequel.
They screwed up the story in a lot of ways.
Viable builds are too similar and aren’t fun.
Randy Pitchford and Gearbox as a whole are grade-a trash.
Mass marketed the Hell out of the game and mainstreamed everything about it to appeal to everyone and their mother.
The fans and community turned to **** after its release.
The company got arrogant and greedy because of its success and suddenly tried to act relevant.
**** Gearbox and everything after Borderlands 1. They destroyed Duke Nukem and Aliens as well. I’m glad Battleborn crashed and burned. B)

I thought I’d like it and I tried to for a long time, but it’ll never happen.

(TheStrangerous) #5

Well, speak of the Devil!
Fortnite has 50 vs 50 mode! This is probably the closest to TDM I’ll get. Gonna give it a try!

Never did like regular DM, too chaotic, opposed to TDM.

UPDATE:

NOPE. Still not into the genre. Hate wide open spaces with no action in between, in online games.
I got bad memories of playing RDR Multiplayer/GTA:Online on my PS3. Too much RNG, pure chaos, more filler less killer…

Like I said, gimme PvP in condensed map.

(Demonic_Muff1n) #6

i agree they need to add more modes to the game. right now they’ve added a new 50v50 mode but has the same battle royale mechanics where you gotta pick up guns and loot to win.

(Chilled Sanity) #7

Dirtybomb…

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #8

The EA Battlefronts. They look nice, but the gameplay is garbage and don’t want to grind for five years just to unlock stuff. I wish it were just like the originals, with the modern day graphics.

(TitaniumRapture) #9

@TheStrangerous said:
Fortnite

But isnt there some coop mode against bots? I mean that game was created around coop mode against hordes of zombies. The battle royale was included because its super popular now.

(TheStrangerous) #10

@TitaniumRapture said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Fortnite

But isnt there some coop mode against bots? I mean that game was created around coop mode against hordes of zombies. The battle royale was included because its super popular now.

It did start out as yet another zombie horde mode, but with building gimmick. 'til they saw potential in Minecraft and PUBG crowd.

PvE is not fun for me, especially with strangers.

You really need friends to enjoy PvE online…

(TitaniumRapture) #11

@TheStrangerous said:
Then make friends in fortnite. :slight_smile:

(TheStrangerous) #12

@TitaniumRapture said:

@TheStrangerous said:
Then make friends in fortnite. :slight_smile:

Oh, sure. Only to be teamkilled and double crossed. (It’s a reference to that fiasco, of popular team killing streamer, which kids were imitating).

(TitaniumRapture) #13

@TheStrangerous

Sorry no idea. I dont follow youtubers at all. I was kinda tempted to try Fortnite but my 8 yo potato pc couldnt probably handle it anyway. But i ll give it a try once it will go f2p.

(TitaniumRapture) #14

And yeah for me it is Dirty Bomb of course because I am just too bad.

(FalC_16) #15

Need for speed. I think they killed the brand after underground 2

(Mc1412013) #16

Lawbreakers. Not enough players always put in long ass warm up matches because people keep droping like flies waiting fornmore players. Think its gonna get canned by nexon. They can only blame pubg so mutch

(GatoCommodore) #17

@Mc1412013 said:
Lawbreakers. Not enough players always put in long ass warm up matches because people keep droping like flies waiting fornmore players. Think its gonna get canned by nexon. They can only blame pubg so mutch

different kind of crowds but yea because PUBG is gaining traction other games didnt get played.

i know this kid that plays PUBG for 12 hours and only sleep on work (librarian)
the other one is my ex which plays PUBG and twitch no less than 6 hours a day

not surprised if other people on other games kind of complaining like that.

i thought im addicted to playing games but that is another level of addiction.

(Mc1412013) #18

@GatoCommodore said:

@Mc1412013 said:

different kind of crowds but yea because PUBG is gaining traction other games didnt get played.

I realy like lawbreakers as my goto game when i want to take a mental break from dirtybomb adiction but i cant be waiting long wait times to start a match hence ome of the reasons im not playing ranked. I got to my higest rank from last 2 seasons and stoped playing. think i only made 650 ranked points all season so far. I do want it to survive its never fun to se a game u like die even though i paid almost nothing when it wa over 50% of that one time

(GatoCommodore) #19

@Mc1412013 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Mc1412013 said:

I realy like lawbreakers as my goto game when i want to take a mental break from dirtybomb adiction but i cant be waiting long wait times to start a match hence ome of the reasons im not playing ranked. I got to my higest rank from last 2 seasons and stoped playing. think i only made 650 ranked points all season so far. I do want it to survive its never fun to se a game u like die even though i paid almost nothing when it wa over 50% of that one time

fresh

(Mc1412013) #20

@GatoCommodore said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@Mc1412013 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIkpFufNYA
fresh

Wheres the unhappy button when u need it