Future Audio Updates: V-Bear

(GildedDark) #21

Anyone else notice the camo on the Moa at the end? Looks different from all the ones we’ve got

(powi_) #22

cool but now remove fletcher and sparks pls, WAKE UP MEN (and Raziel)

(Sinee) #23

Pls give the fancy zebra MoA.

(Merci1ess) #24

So vehicle textures… cool new sounds… What else?

It’s weird cause Dirty Bomb is in beta but it looks like we’re in the polishing and finishing phase. Don’t get me wrong, things like this is interesting but… priorities, y’know?

(Subzstance_) #25

Just the thing no one wanted, based SD coming through with more useless stuff.

Working on new trinkets too?

(DirtyHarrier) #26

[quote=“Subzstance_;160615”]Just the thing no one wanted, based SD coming through with more useless stuff.

Working on new trinkets too?[/quote]

I don’t mind this update, there is a big difference in audio quality and I really like it.
I also really want more trinkets.

(Mr-Penguin) #27

[quote=“Merciless;160601”]So vehicle textures… cool new sounds… What else?

It’s weird cause Dirty Bomb is in beta but it looks like we’re in the polishing and finishing phase. Don’t get me wrong, things like this is interesting but… priorities, y’know?[/quote]

ahem

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;160545”]
There are lots of different devs that work on specific things with the game. There’s UI, programmers, designers and art to name a few. All of these areas often get worked on at the same time, and very rarely are these skills transferable to other features.

This is just what the audio designers are currently working on. There’re lot’s of other things going on as well, of which we will be giving more info as time goes on.[/quote]

(Sinee) #28

[quote=“Subzstance_;160615”]Just the thing no one wanted, based SD coming through with more useless stuff.

In SD’s defense… Shoe said there’s a lot of different devs working on a lot of different things. He said the audio team is working on this. What else is the audio team going to work on? Certainly not bugs… and I’m sure they’re not being paid to twiddle their thumbs.

Spoiler alert: The audio team works on audio.

Although I do hope we will see more balancing and bug fixes in the next update. Hopefully something that won’t piss me off this time. Please leave snipers alone unless it’s buffing. :smile:

(strawberryJacket) #29

If its actually some audio fixes so we can hear footsteps, people behind us, people will generate sound when jumping and landing, and so on then it would be pretty fantastic.

Sound should be a priority since its horrible in DB, but if its just a reverb then its a waste of time since the fundations of sound are horrible, reverb could only make it worse

(HunterAssassin5) #30

Echoey echoes are echoey as echoes. Looking forward to it.

(KattiValk) #31

Does this fix the Underground sound bug with height?

(Dawnlazy) #32

Oh… so I’m guessing that explains the bathroom-sounding reverb in this vid:

(TheVulpesFox) #33

I’m pleasantly surprised by the lack of anger and non constructive criticism here. This is cool!

But apparently I’m blind because I’ve never noticed that graffiti on the wall in chapel!

(jollyRacer) #34

Pls give the fancy zebra MoA.

[/quote]

Yes and give it to Aimee

(FalC_16) #35

now you can whip me, but I don’t like the sample. Too much hall efect. I hope it won’t be so much “halled” once this new sound system comes out.

Anyway, happy to hear new stuff is coming to the game. But yeah…priorities…

(Jostabeere) #36

I expected something with actual bear noises. Or actual videobears.

(Merci1ess) #37

[quote=“derpypenguinz19;160619”][quote=“Merciless;160601”]So vehicle textures… cool new sounds… What else?

It’s weird cause Dirty Bomb is in beta but it looks like we’re in the polishing and finishing phase. Don’t get me wrong, things like this is interesting but… priorities, y’know?[/quote]

ahem

Yeah that’s great n all… But wouldn’t you wanna know about the things that are actually relevant instead of new sounds and textures? Such as what their plans are for the future… what their working on regarding bug fixes and balance changes, Phantom… the merc that was broken for more than 6 months or so… I know they talked about reworking Phantom which is great but ETAs are also great. Knowing what’s going on with the project. Interesting things. There’s just so much waiting one can do. My point is we’re in the dark with relevant things and we know everything about things that don’t really matter.

Like I said before at some point, hopefully they’re coming up with a big patch because if the patch is just as big as the normal patches we got every 2 weeks like before… Then someone be slacking hardcore yo.

(Havik_Gaming) #38

Wow sounds amazing, it will definitely be useful when trying to locate people you cant see.

(Amerika) #39

[quote=“Merciless;160727”][quote=“derpypenguinz19;160619”][quote=“Merciless;160601”]So vehicle textures… cool new sounds… What else?

ahem

Yeah that’s great n all… But wouldn’t you wanna know about the things that are actually relevant instead of new sounds and textures? Such as what their plans are for the future… what their working on regarding bug fixes and balance changes, Phantom… the merc that was broken for more than 6 months or so… I know they talked about reworking Phantom which is great but ETAs are also great. Knowing what’s going on with the project. Interesting things. There’s just so much waiting one can do. My point is we’re in the dark with relevant things and we know everything about things that don’t really matter.

Like I said before at some point, hopefully they’re coming up with a big patch because if the patch is just as big as the normal patches we got every 2 weeks like before… Then someone be slacking hardcore yo.[/quote]

What exactly is relevant to you? Make a list of things. Many things have been spoken about and talked about for the future in the streams, forums and even Discord. You might have simply missed them. And if you’re expecting to become a fly on the wall at every design/decision meeting, well, get used to not being that. No company does that for rather obvious PR related issues. Some people would definitely understand that some feature that was being worked on got dropped due to [reasonshere] but quite a few others would RAGE because of the time loss, or how they would have made it better, or call the devs incompetent etc. etc. That’s why most companies don’t talk about exact details until what they want is close to completion.

Also, improving the sound is pretty important because it is a weak spot with the game. So I don’t see it as an irrelevant thing to be working on. Also, this type of information is a pretty nice olive branch leading towards more transparency.

(Rjsto) #40

Eyyy, sounds pretty cool. Wonder what it sounds like when you’re outside and someone’s shooting inside, and vice versa. Will probably be quite handy feature