Fletcher Discussion (nerf? buff? fine? Speak your mind)

(vdll) #41

[quote=“ToRRent;19781”]I still think that everyone should have different rotation, switching one free merc every week.
[/quote]

Great idea, and with one week rotation time you can try way more mercs before you decide to buy some.

(R5on11c) #42

The 10 bucks are still eff’d up expensive in any regards, spent 40 bucks on this game and not gonna chip out a single dime for it again. I’d rather wait for the 50k even if it means i have to wait.

(MuhQ) #43

I think he needs a little buff, the shotgun should have better range and maybe change the lock on for something that gives hes nades 20% more damage or something.

(distinquishedSandwich) #44

I think a feature that NEEDS to be added for him, is the ability for Stickies to kill corpses, basically to finish people off when they are senior citizens who have fallen and can’t get up.

If this is already in the game, this it isn’t working as intended.

A suggestion to the Shotgun would be to give it 1-2 less bellets but to increase the bullet damage of the pellet. Meaning you can still have 1 shot scenarios, and making it a real shotgun for medium range.

(Szakalot) #45

That’s why I hate global rotations, It’s not possible to balance mercs based on used spam. There is no diversity in mercs on pubs, people are playing the same mercs whole time, I still think that everyone should have different rotation, switching one free merc every week.
[/quote]

guess the concern is people will make multiple steam accounts to get all the mercs available under different nicknames.

(Ardez1) #46

That’s why I hate global rotations, It’s not possible to balance mercs based on used spam. There is no diversity in mercs on pubs, people are playing the same mercs whole time, I still think that everyone should have different rotation, switching one free merc every week.
[/quote]

guess the concern is people will make multiple steam accounts to get all the mercs available under different nicknames.[/quote]

I don’t know how much sense that makes, as there is currently no loadout trading, etc. I think the real argument is that somebody might consider it ‘unfair’. With the global system everybody gets the same 2 mercs on rotation so nobody can complain about which mercs are free. The problem with that is that more players will complain about price instead of unfairness.

(Ardez1) #47

So I found something out last night when an enemy Fletcher stuck me with a grenade. It landed on my mercs(fraggers) head and blocked my camera until he blew it up(like 2-3 seconds later). Intentional? Or is that an issue that just can’t be avoided if they land it in that spot? Wish I had grabbed a SS to show it.

(Reddeadcap) #48

Yeah, its intentional for sticky grenades to block your sight if they land on your face.

(distinquishedSandwich) #49

The traps are probably the most potent part of him, but it’s important to do as the trailer says and shoot the stickies instead of relying on the delayed detonation (Pressing E)

I personally think you could allow them to be more… like sticky mines

Just like how it always is when a new merc is in the rotation… It’s going to be everywhere in the start, and then the community shall pass judgement. Nader is everywhere, holy hell she is, but Fletcher? I think he’ll be rare to see after a week.

(Szakalot) #50

[quote=“distinquishedSandwich;19843”]The traps are probably the most potent part of him, but it’s important to do as the trailer says and shoot the stickies instead of relying on the delayed detonation (Pressing E)
[/quote]

totally disagree: throwing stickies at people’s faces is by far the best part of fletcher

(umberInlet) #51

I used Fletcher for a match, and my first impression is that he’s very clunky to use with his stickies. If you use the quick action button for it, it basically makes you go through pressing 4, taking a grenade out, throwing, and then switching back to your previous weapon. It would be nice if it would skip that small bit of animation of taking out the stickies, and would just play the throwing animation, if you get what I mean. I feel that that would make playing him feel a lot smoother.

(_Sniff_) #52

[quote=“Szakalot;19891”][quote=“distinquishedSandwich;19843”]The traps are probably the most potent part of him, but it’s important to do as the trailer says and shoot the stickies instead of relying on the delayed detonation (Pressing E)
[/quote]

totally disagree: throwing stickies at people’s faces is by far the best part of fletcher[/quote]
It’s my favorite thing about Dirty Bomb!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlApvEuLFg

(vdll) #53

Actually, the Q animation is bugged and doesn’t even return to previous weapon 100% of a time (feels like it depends on detonation time?). Quite often after throw/detonate it leaves you with a sticky in one hand and your own spilled intestines in the other.

It doesn’t even make sense: wielding shotgun, when you use quick-nade (q) and quick-detonator (e) in a rapid succession, half of the time it switches you to stickies instead of primary.

[quote=“Sniff;19913”][quote=“Szakalot;19891”][quote=“distinquishedSandwich;19843”]The traps are probably the most potent part of him, but it’s important to do as the trailer says and shoot the stickies instead of relying on the delayed detonation (Pressing E)
[/quote]

totally disagree: throwing stickies at people’s faces is by far the best part of fletcher[/quote]
It’s my favorite thing about Dirty Bomb!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzlApvEuLFg[/quote]

Don’t worry, being an @zzhole is what many people consider their ‘favorite thing’. :smirk:

(APRenpsy) #54

My problem with him is his shotgun, something about it just throws me off, can’t put my finger on what.

That being said there seems to be a bug with the stickies where sometimes they do no damage at all, anyone else have this problem? I have stuck people a lot of times I get the stuck xp alert and then detonate but no hit markers appears.

(Gi.Am) #55

Played him a bit now. And I’m positively surprised.

Propably the worst at being an engineer (uhb-jek-tivz).
Not so good at full frontal assaults.

But Oh boy is he good at flanking and defending.
He needs to setup get / in position first. Hence if the enemy gets the first shot he is toast, but if you play with keeping that in mind and position yourself right ( attack from an angle) he will deal a huge amount of damage in a very short time.

The Ahnuhld.
Ok to be frank I hate shotguns. I hate playing against them. I hate playing with them. They are always overpowered and yet I suck with them. It’s always the same in every game and I believe they are one of the worst things that ever happend to multiplayer FPS.

And I hate to admit I like the Ahnuhld almost love it (I mean I have a blishlock loadout card for fletcher and haven’t touched it once). Somehow it works for me.

And I think its because the normal wisdom with shotguns “the closer the better” doesn’t apply for the ahnuhld.
It performs way better from a few meters away and stays effective for longer.
Staying at the close end of the usual SMG range with it works best for me.

I Agree that his sticky handling is buggy (lag and fps drops seem to affect the integrity of animation cycling more than other mercs).
I do use Q / E (not Q/E tho because lefthanded keyboard layout) and would fully support it if it behaved more like naders launcher. So Q pull out stickies press again back to previous weapon (that is important btw. right now he seems to switch to primary after the stickies no matter what).

Overall fun merc kudos to the designers/audio department I like his whole attitude.

I doubt that he will ever be viable in comp tho. Atleast without making him OP. If you want to run only one engineer you will pick one of the others for sure. And even in a two engineer setup is the synergy of a proxy/bushwacker combo propably better for the team.

(avidCow) #56

Fletchers everywhere last night. Team composition down the crapper. Aura’s dominating again. Rollin’ with it.

(vdll) #57

Tastes differ, eh? I absolutelly hated Ahnuhld, sighed with relief when I got Hollund and cried with joy after recieving Blish.
Fletcher seems well-balanced and his main issue atm is nade animation and related bugs.

Did you notice that he looks a lot like Sawbones ingame?

(Szakalot) #58

[quote=“APRenpsy;19972”]
That being said there seems to be a bug with the stickies where sometimes they do no damage at all, anyone else have this problem? I have stuck people a lot of times I get the stuck xp alert and then detonate but no hit markers appears.[/quote]

Yup, there is a bug where a sticky stuck to a player will disappear into thin air when detonated. Very annoying, as it usually gets me killed. Happens in sth between 5-10% of all attached stickies.

(avidCow) #59

Ah, that would be explain why I had to finish off someone with three solid shotgun blasts after landing a sticky on them and detonating it.

Had a bit of fun last night just tapping Q>E in quick succession to create a a short range bomb.

(Szakalot) #60

[quote=“avidCow;20040”]Ah, that would be explain why I had to finish off someone with three solid shotgun blasts after landing a sticky on them and detonating it.

Had a bit of fun last night just tapping Q>E in quick succession to create a a short range bomb.[/quote]

oh gawd, how many times am i saying it: youre doing it WRONG. Using ‘q’ n ‘e’ doesnt allow you to pre-arm stickies from cover. Peeking & throwing + E is much more efficient than peeking & 'Q’ing + E