Fletcher Discussion (nerf? buff? fine? Speak your mind)

(watsyurdeal) #1

So after playing around with him for about 5 hours, I can say that a really really nice buff would simply be a faster throw.

I don’t mind the lack of damage it does or the lack of gibbing, but please for the love of God make that throw faster.

(Szakalot) #2

[quote=“majesticClue;10684”]So after playing around with him for about 5 hours, I can say that a really really nice buff would simply be a faster throw.

I don’t mind the lack of damage it does or the lack of gibbing, but please for the love of God make that throw faster. [/quote]

His fine as is.

I also thought throw is too slow at the beginning, but you can blow them up mid-air, they also don’t bounce like nader’s nades so its much easier to get hits in close quarters.

Played all the time since yesterday, and multiple people complained, esp. killing proxies and auras is dead easy. His weapons are a little subpar, so he really doesn’t have pack a punch without the stickies.

(strawberryJacket) #3

As a whole i think he is weak, at least his default loadout. His shotgun needs help, i generally like to use it but it should have at least 1 more round and faster reload and maybe a bit higher fire rate.

His machine pistol is the weakest from all machine pistol (which i dont mind as i find other machine pistols overpowered), but i would welcome less spread from it.

As for stickies, i hate them. They are not fun to use because they are clunky as hell and bugged to boot but at the same time when they work its annoying as hell. I would rather see them lose power but being more fluid to use (less delays, a lot less). If his guns werent so subpar i would call for nerfs but as it stands he is mostly annoying.

If i had any say about the subject i would buff his shotgun and his machine pistol but at the same time i would nerf stickies in power so they rarely kill and are mostly used against deployables and softening your target but would also like his stickies to have less delays overall.

(DoomS59) #4

a bit easy to play, and his primary weapon is not so balanced, got a problem on range i think.

(Eox) #5

Sticky mines suffers from terrible delays, both for throwing and activating them, making them hard to use in direct combat scenarios and not even that much reliable. It may be needed for balance issues, but it really spoils the fun to me. I really would like to see them much more responsive without the need of a perk, but I don’t know if it’s a good idea.

(Szakalot) #6

there are very few delays for either throwing or activating them.

Protips: don’t ever use ‘q’ for stickies. Pre-select them with ‘4’ in safety; arm them by holding LMB, release at the face of enemies and press ‘e’ instantly for a ground-to-ground flak gun.

Find a loadout with ‘lock on’ for 30% faster detonation.

It acts like more accurate, shorter range, slower RoF grenade launcher.

(strawberryJacket) #7

yea, i played db for 200h and didnt think about that 8D. The way you use it with 4 should be the default way, that quick throw makes stickies so freaking bad that i couldnt figure out why some people waste me so hard with them.

So after playing with him again i find his stickies a bit too potent, but i still think that his shotgun sucks and his machine pistol is the worse machine pistol in the game (i know that shakalot disagree but i honestly find it weak 8D ).

In the end i think that he is pretty balanced but i would change few things.

(Eox) #8

Protips: don’t ever use ‘q’ for stickies. Pre-select them with ‘4’ in safety; arm them by holding LMB, release at the face of enemies and press ‘e’ instantly for a ground-to-ground flak gun.

[/quote]

I definitely need to try that.

(Szakalot) #9

[/quote]

I definitely need to try that.[/quote]

Its awesome. One-stick-kill Proxys and Auras is so much fun. Esp. Aura’s sitting on stations, its much easier to blow up the station than nader’s grenade launcher

(honorableNemesis) #10

His stickies definitely need a minimum arming time if nothing else. He’s designed to be used as an engineer who sets traps, and yet more often than not you’ll see Fletchers using their stickies as airburst grenades instead. He’s not an assaulter, he’s an engineer.

(ATTEM) #11

[quote=“strawberryJacket;19122”]As a whole i think he is weak, at least his default loadout. His shotgun needs help, i generally like to use it but it should have at least 1 more round and faster reload and maybe a bit higher fire rate.

His machine pistol is the weakest from all machine pistol (which i dont mind as i find other machine pistols overpowered), but i would welcome less spread from it.

As for stickies, i hate them. They are not fun to use because they are clunky as hell and bugged to boot but at the same time when they work its annoying as hell. I would rather see them lose power but being more fluid to use (less delays, a lot less). If his guns werent so subpar i would call for nerfs but as it stands he is mostly annoying.

If i had any say about the subject i would buff his shotgun and his machine pistol but at the same time i would nerf stickies in power so they rarely kill and are mostly used against deployables and softening your target but would also like his stickies to have less delays overall. [/quote]

I think fletcher’s shotgun is fine, but I agree that his secondary weapon needs a buff or at least a magazine increase from 40 to 45 to compensate for weak damage.

(vdll) #12

IMO it’s the other way around - his default shotgun has a horrible DPS while his secondary (Empire) out-performs any other machine pistol and… his own primary in terms of damage.

I also noticed that using stickies is safer with "4’ and pre-fire, perhaps his “Q” should act as a throw-and-detonate to be useful (wich would be slightly op, but awesome).

P.S. how much damage sticky does? 90?

(Szakalot) #13

it one-shots proxies, (but not vassili) so it should be 90 damage

(distinquishedSandwich) #14

Stickies, when stuck or rather in their max damage scenario only deal about 90 damage.
But here’s where I draw the line, we’re dealing with an explosive that doesn’t even “vaporize” the bodies.

The delay between pressing detonate and it actually happening is a pain too, and it doesn’t seem that the augment that gives 30 % faster reaction to it does ANYTHING for the stickies.

Considering how hard it is to get a sticky stuck on someone, and for it only to deal 90 damage is puzzling, take into account that the frag nade will do that just by being next to you, and in the mean time disintegrate your corpse.

Stuck stickies need to be able to kill corpses, and multiple stickies around a corner need to be able to do this too! It’s frustrating to have 3 on a wall, blowing up the first to pass by only to see his body intact and being ressed by the medic behind him to proceed with the 1-2 seconds of invulnerability.

Basically Fletcher just needs a slight buff with the overall usefulness of the Sticky nades, probably bump the damage to 110, or at least increase it’s minimum damage zone’s number.

Other than that, I feel Fletcher should get the opposite of the Nader buff, meaning to take away 10 hp and making him faster, as shotgun characters are generally centred about being within the effective range of the shotgun.

And lastly, the Arnuld shotgun, it has range, but I’d love for it to gain 1 pellet so it would at least be able to 1 shot an aura up close, considering her Remburg will just OHK you instead.
And fixing it’s reload animation, at times, even when reloaded when you re-equip it, it’ll pop out a shell wasting time where you could be shooting instead of looking like some poor sod.

these are my thoughts on the matter at hand.

[quote=“convincingMollusk;19432”]IMO it’s the other way around - his default shotgun has a horrible DPS while his secondary (Empire) out-performs any other machine pistol and… his own primary in terms of damage.
[/quote]

It’s a 1-2 DPS difference, the MP400 (Proxy and Vasili) is better in terms of damage but Empire has a higher RoF.

(vdll) #15

[quote=“distinquishedSandwich;19506”]And lastly, the Arnuld shotgun, it has range, but I’d love for it to gain 1 pellet so it would at least be able to 1 shot an aura up close, considering her Remburg will just OHK you instead.
And fixing it’s reload animation, at times, even when reloaded when you re-equip it, it’ll pop out a shell wasting time where you could be shooting instead of looking like some poor sod.
[/quote]

Adding one more pellet to winchester will make it a Hollund with upgraded range and mag, I’d rather see a higher ROF to balance it up.

As for reloading animation, I agree - it’s rather awkward and while looking somewhat cool, it puts your life at risk (the worst part being that spinning move, adding significant time to the animation, even when you reload a single shell).

(distinquishedSandwich) #16

[quote=“convincingMollusk;19520”][quote=“distinquishedSandwich;19506”]And lastly, the Arnuld shotgun, it has range, but I’d love for it to gain 1 pellet so it would at least be able to 1 shot an aura up close, considering her Remburg will just OHK you instead.
[/quote]

Adding one more pellet to winchester will make it a Hollund with upgraded range and mag, I’d rather see a higher ROF to balance it up.

As for reloading animation, I agree - it’s rather awkward and while looking somewhat cool, it puts your life at risk (the worst part being that spinning move, adding significant time to the animation, even when you reload a single shell).[/quote]

Sorry, seems I was wrong, same amount of pellets, just the Ahnuld doing 77 with 11 pellets and hollund doing 88 with 11. So it’s a 1 damage difference per pellet.

It’s still frustrating to be unable to 1shot anything, and even if you did hit a headshot it’s still likely to not be enough if more than 2 pellets missed :neutral:

FIX RELOAD PLS

(watsyurdeal) #17

If anything change the ROF, IMO, hollunds should have the best clip size, ahnuld can have great accuracy and fire rate, temburg can be the damage dealer

(capriciousParsely) #18

My scents

Using stickies are awkward. You should be able to plant your stickies and then switch to your primary/secondary and be able to detonate without taking out the trigger again. As it is now, detonating has such a long delay that using stickies as traps is not even viable because people jump in around corners and you have no time to both detonate and switch weapon before you die.

Also. His weapon switching behavior is weird. Sometimes when you detonate stickies, he doesnt always switch back to the last weapon used. It seems he always switches back to his shotgun. Another problem is that when you only have one sticky left and detonate, he doesn’t switch at all (he keeps holding the detonator).

(distinquishedSandwich) #19

Almost forgot to mention this, but this is a very relevant suggestion if you ask me.

If you are to kill a target with a sticky which is 50-60 % then the explosion should disintegrate the corpse, instead of it being only explosions that deal 140 damage.

(MissMurder) #20

Thanks for all the feedback on Fletch everyone!