Fletcher Discussion (nerf? buff? fine? Speak your mind)

(_Sniff_) #21

The stickies used to auto detonate if you stuck them on a person. Removing this feature was such a huge nerf to fletcher.

(god1) #22

His default shotgun is pretty bad, I’d like to see its pellet spread being reduced considerably to make it more unique. I wouldn’t change anything else about him, he’s pretty damn good once you get the hang of using the stickies.

(watsyurdeal) #23

I honestly don’t mind that, it’s just hard getting them on someone due to the throw animation. It feels wonky, I’m sure I can get used to it but still.

She replied to my thread! OhmaGod =O

But seriously, tho the stickies feel weird to throw, maybe it’s just me

(Daergar) #24

Bought Fletches the moment he came out, barely touched him after a few matches.

Shotgun looks great, yet underperforms (at least for me).

Stickies are simply weird to handle, from quick-button throwing to detonating to weapon switching failing. Even the arc feels a bit off. Gut reaction; make everything just a little tighter and snappier.

It simply takes too long to set up a triple trap, which is then rather unwieldy to utilize properly due to the low splash and detonation delay with the trigger animation.

I read that running with stickies selected, and thus in your hands, is overpowered in the other direction, air-bursting and one-shotting people. Not gotten around to try this myself.

(vdll) #25

[quote=“capriciousParsely;19581”]
Using stickies are awkward. You should be able to plant your stickies and then switch to your primary/secondary and be able to detonate without taking out the trigger again.[/quote]

Agree 100%, there should be a sound effect just as you use trigger, but no animation at all.

This should definitelly be restored, as it would make precision throws more rewarding and stickies actually valuable in the heat of combat (as mentioned before, setting traps fails too often).

(Szakalot) #26

don’t want it, I’d often stick a sticky on someone and wait to get out of the blast zone before detonating.

(vdll) #27

don’t want it, I’d often stick a sticky on someone and wait to get out of the blast zone before detonating.
[/quote]

If you are good enough to perform direct hits often, I’m quite sure you’ll manage to maintain safe distance as well since blast radius is very low. Also, why would you use stickies in a melee range anyway?

(AdmiralTeddy) #28

I think in the right hands he is very strong, specially in heavy cqc maps, but I dunno, I have 2 cards for him which one has an SMG and another gave a hollunds, both felt underwhelming for me but I’ve seen people that wreck with the hollunds in his hands.

but yeah mines defo feel super weird and super nerfed too, from blast radius to mine damage, how they deploy and how the “detonator” feels…
I think some work is needed on his kit, right now he feels awkward to some but home to others.

I think a little improvement to the mine deployment and its blast radius (and maybe a small buff to the damage) should be suffice to make him “stronger”.

but generally if you remove the detonation animation (imagine the detonator being a telepathy system instead) he’d be much cooler to use.

another silly suggestion, why not make him to be able to use his detonator while he’s downed (not dead, just downed)… this way he can be much more reliable…! but also a bit op? :dizzy:

(vdll) #29

[quote=“Admiral Teddy;19652”]…
another silly suggestion, why not make him to be able to use his detonator while he’s downed (not dead, just downed)… this way he can be much more reliable…! but also a bit op? :dizzy: [/quote]

Not sure if OP, but definitelly rage-inducing.

(_Sniff_) #30

On second thought maybe keep the stickyness so I can keep doing this. Increase the throw speed and detonation time instead so that we can be more precise with throws and quicker to detonate.

(Humbug) #31

I think he is too spammy
2 stickies are enough to kill someone, why does he need 3 ?
You can run around and throw stickies everywhere NONSTOP, really easy to get kills with it.
If any, throwing should take even longer, so you cant pull out stickies, throw them and detonate them in a gunfight…
His shotgun seems a bit weak compared to the others though, would like it to be a bit more reliable at range.
edit cause not very constructive xD: I would like spam in general a bit more limited for more focus on good old gunplay

(_Sniff_) #32

[quote=“Humbug;19666”]I think he is too spammy
You can run around and throw stickies EVERYWHERE nonstop, really easy to get kills with it.
If any, throwing should take even longer, so you cant pull out stickies, throw them and detonate them in a gunfight…
His shotgun seems a bit weak compared to the others though, would like it to be a bit more reliable at range.
I really feel like DB is going into the wrong direction, definitely not the hardcore shooter i expected from splash damage :frowning:
When playing sawbonez i spent half of my time dodging explosives…

[/quote]

You. Out. Now. Think about what you did. You even said their name. Splash Damage. Explosives is LITERALLY the name of the game “Dirty Bomb”

(vdll) #33

Did you actually play him? Because you sound like you didnt.

(Humbug) #34

[quote=“Sniff;19669”][quote=“Humbug;19666”]I think he is too spammy
You can run around and throw stickies EVERYWHERE nonstop, really easy to get kills with it.
I really feel like DB is going into the wrong direction, definitely not the hardcore shooter i expected from splash damage :frowning:
When playing sawbonez i spent half of my time dodging explosives…

[/quote]

You. Out. Now. Think about what you did. You even said their name. Splash Damage. Explosives is LITERALLY the name of the game “Dirty Bomb”
[/quote]

I don’t know.
ET had a lot of spam too, but no1 ever pulled out a grenade in a gunfight.
Or put a rifle grenade into his rifle.

I really love the gunplay in DB it’s very much like in ET, but it never happens because explosives are so effective even in gunfights. Proxies are even laying down mines in gunfights…

and yes i played him a lot, and I’m throwing sticky mines everywhere nonstop, instead of using them as a trap

I still think every explosive should require ammo, instead of having a cooldown.
Maybe i should’ve mentioned: Compared to nader he is not too spammy of course, but I think nader is too spammy too.

(vdll) #35

I can relate with people hating spam, but since they can’t stop spam from happening, instead of “you shall not pass” attitude, I suggest rather:

(MissMurder) #36

Now that he is in the free rotation I’m curious to know how people fare with him and how often you see him in matches.

(avidCow) #37

The second question barely needs an answer if the prevalence of Nader is anything to go by.

(Szakalot) #38

it does, as fletcher is much harder to play. Very few people know to press ‘4’ instead of ‘q’ when using stickies

(vdll) #39

They definitelly need to fix his Q, so after detonation it switches back to the previously used weapon, because atm it’s really awkward to use, often making 4 a better option.

(ZGToRRent) #40

That’s why I hate global rotations, It’s not possible to balance mercs based on used spam. There is no diversity in mercs on pubs, people are playing the same mercs whole time, I still think that everyone should have different rotation, switching one free merc every week.