Fix For AllocRenderModel Crashes

(incin) #21

As do I :slight_smile: so let me know if you fix it because im in the same boat as youā€¦

(Crispy) #22

From what Iā€™m seeing, server config conflicts are unlikely to be the cause here, since the crash can be reproduced in Solo.

(Pickerd) #23

If you have a vds as well, try doing it the way i described with just a bat file. I get no crashes now.

(incin) #24

The only problem pickel is that mine is managed so i dont have access to the bat files.

-Crispy I really hope you guys find the solution soon I really enjoy brink and it would be great if our server would stop crashing. P.S. Its great to see the devs on here actually caring unlike some other games ive played.

(Apophus) #25

[QUOTE=incin;308679]The only problem pickel is that mine is managed so i dont have access to the bat files.

-Crispy I really hope you guys find the solution soon I really enjoy brink and it would be great if our server would stop crashing. P.S. Its great to see the devs on here actually caring unlike some other games ive played.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m in the same boat. I actually have canceled my rented server due to the AllocRender Model crash. Pickerd and myself have went back and forth trying damn near everything with no solution. I know he is using a custom.cfg or was, but I have actually reverted back to a base config with no custom settings except for the log file.

Sadly, Branzone(My host) has been unable to identify the issue either. They have some servers that run for 10-12 hours crash free, and then others that crash in minutes. Sadly Iā€™m the later.

Anti just posted an official statement about the server.cfg as a sticky. Taking his advice would be my only suggestion, but as Iā€™ve said, I did this already with no luck.

(incin) #26

any news crispy?

(Apophus) #27

Branzone just migrated my server to another host. This time 2k3 x64, less than 5 minutes after the migration I get this:

FATAL ERROR: AllocRenderModel called from a different thread for ā€˜animations/items/ammopack/world/ammopack_world.staticmodelā€™

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
ā€¦releasing DC
ā€¦shutting down QGL

(unrealized) #28

Tons of clients reporting crashes,

all with this error

FATAL ERROR: AllocRenderModel called from a different thread for ā€˜ā€™

([SMG]Smeg) #29

I am having the same problems running more than 1 instance on my servers
1st server is 2003 32bit dl140 G2 dual 2.8 xeons
2nd server is 2008 64 bit dl140 G3 dual 1.6 xeons (I tried moving it to X86 folder)
both servers on diferent hostings
No extra configs just default with diferent ports. in the .bat

(unrealized) #30

Anyone found a fix for this yet? Are we stuck here?

(incin) #31

This is obviously a big problem since this thread has received over 1500 viewsā€¦ its too bad that this hasnā€™t been fixed, since I have had this problem since day 1ā€¦

(The-Crow) #32

Still no solution ?

My server is getting almost no traffic now in the last 2 days (I can join it fine and I get the odd player here or there but before i was getting 10-12 most if the time), it was quite busy before that but dedicated server would crash 2-3 times a day so I am guessign my server has a bad reputation now.

([SMG]Smeg) #33

Iv taken my 4 servers down. was sick of servers crashing every couple of hours and no sound in some Maps in game is just stupid shame it was looking Good

(Apophus) #34

I have also stopped my server, and canceled it from the host. Sad really. Wouldnā€™t be as sour about it if we actually had some form of response about a resolution or at least a confirmation that the problem has been found and is being fixed. Reminds me of Warhammer Onlineā€™s nightmare.

(highone) #35

Same hereā€¦VDS from NFOā€¦

I thought these server crashes were actually Windows rebooting after updates or steam doing updates.

We scrim so much a pub is back seat right now.

Thanks for the information and Iā€™ll post some results from us testing out multiple pubs with batch vs. default configs vs. custom config.

:penguin:

(incin) #36

So does everyone with this problem have a vds from nfo?

(Pickerd) #37

No. Itā€™s not the VDS from NFO. They are rock solid. This is happening across the board.

Only thing to suggest from me is:

Make sure current Net Framework, C++ and DirectXā€™s are installed.

Use the bat file with a simple command line (back it up as checking for updates thru hlds overwrites it. ty for that SD. I love having to re-enter the bat file details EVERY time I check for a DS update)

and hope for the best. I still am getting crashes, just not as often. Im very much hoping SD is still committed to helping us out. Im hoping PC sales arenā€™t getting overshadowed by console sales and putting us on the back burner.

(incin) #38

Well just had the patch installed to my server and it still crashes. This is just pathetic. It cant even last more then 10 minutes at times.

(The-Crow) #39

Just had one of these after a user hijacked the server (I usually have hijack turned off but its on at the moment for testing) I actually had been AllocRenderModel Crash free for over a week until todayā€¦

I am pretty much resigned to taking my Brink server down at this point, if nothing changes in the next week or so I will pull it down unless I get sick of restarting it in which case I will pull it down earlier.

(Bluud) #40

still happens to my server after the patch too :frowning: