Fireteam Creation Guide (Use Voice Chat!)

(Insomnia80) #41

on ETQW it was possible to invite player you often play with through a shortcut placed at autoexec.cfg. Anyone knows if its possible here, too?

(jfunk) #42

Well I’m glad this works although I still haven’t been able to confirm because I haven’t found a single other player using it yet.

I gotta say though, it’s really mind boggling that this is obfuscated this much, disabled by default, and entire team VOIP appears to simply be broken entirely. I don’t understand how this whole joining a fireteam thing was expected to be OK as the only way to voice chat, I don’t see it ever becoming something that happens regularly in pickup games, which effectively makes it useless to the average player. Lack of an easily accessible, ON by default VOIP system will make ever having halfway decent pickup games nearly impossible.

What happened that they took the perfectly functional VOIP system they got for free with Steamworks and moved backwards to this?

(Silver.7) #43

a further voip tip

you cannot filter the browser for voip settings and most servers do not have global voip on (server admins need to add a cvar to the config for that = si_globalVoipEnabled 1)

when you join a server you can press escape/ goto options / voip and see if global voip is on or not
greyed out = NOT on

(system) #44

Just had a thought on how you can get your full group of guys into a game with you.

Last night i was plying with 3 friends in competition mode. 2 of us got into a game and other friend was left out. :frowning:

I never realized it, but you can vote people out of the game. So i voted the guy with the lowest xp out of the game. If you have most of the team as your friends then the votes would slide in your favor. So he got kicked out and i was able to get my friend into the game.

After that we were together as a fireteam.

(FireWorks) #45

When getting invited or asked for voting to invite another player, I get this aweful, game interrupting menu. Can move, cant shoot and have to click it away. Is there any way to get rid of that?

(AnthonyDa) #46

Well you can’t create firetam with a bind anymore, so i highly doubt that invitations are working :frowning: (console port? Heck no!)

(Navy_Spitfire) #47

Awesome post, thanks. Looking forward to actually getting to communicate with players.

(jfunk) #48

Just happened to hop onto a server with Mind Bullets so finally got to hear some working voice chat in game. A couple others could hear us too, so hopefully as word gets out we’ll have some more people using their mics.

And maybe the OpenGL crash fix will give us a little bump in active players too.

(Swolenator) #49

Nicely done i see more people using mics and fireteams now this was very helpful

(AnthonyDa) #50

Any patch which allows us to bind fireteam creation/invitation coming?

As long as a real PC voting system (F1 : yes, F2 no, not "F1 to see the vote, click to vote, press escape to quit the menu … be killed 10 times meanwhile, and so on) ?

(cdoty15) #51

Thanks a lot for this this helps a ton!!

(Silver.7) #52

I haven’t played in a few weeks, just had a game and again it struck me that at its core Brink is a really good teamplay game. If only the voip wasnt quiet, then server owners can turn on team voip in game and BINGO you could have talking teamwork … hopefully the DLC/patch due this month will fix voip

(Crytiqal) #53

[QUOTE=AnthonyDa;338035]Any patch which allows us to bind fireteam creation/invitation coming?

As long as a real PC voting system (F1 : yes, F2 no, not "F1 to see the vote, click to vote, press escape to quit the menu … be killed 10 times meanwhile, and so on) ?[/QUOTE]

So I am not the only one who thinks that accepting a fireteam invite is too much hassle.
First you see a popup that there is a vote and you have to press F1 to see what the actual vote is. Then you see the vote (would you like to join the fireteam, what kind of vote is that anyway? its a QUESTION) and you have to CLICK it with your MOUSE. Thanks alot, now im dead. No, we are still not done, you have to manually close the friggin menu aswell.

Now, I am in a fireteam or what? How do I know who is in the fireteam?
Ow I know, I have to stop playing and press TAB so I can see the playerlist.

All this hassle takes about an entire minute or so :s

Seriously, it was fine as it was with F1 and F2, like you know, in your PREVIOUS games?
Who comes up with this new way of accepting yes or no, and WHO approves it?

(FireWorks) #54

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;347028]So I am not the only one who thinks that accepting a fireteam invite is too much hassle.
First you see a popup that there is a vote and you have to press F1 to see what the actual vote is. Then you see the vote (would you like to join the fireteam, what kind of vote is that anyway? its a QUESTION) and you have to CLICK it with your MOUSE. Thanks alot, now im dead. No, we are still not done, you have to manually close the friggin menu aswell.

Now, I am in a fireteam or what? How do I know who is in the fireteam?
Ow I know, I have to stop playing and press TAB so I can see the playerlist.

All this hassle takes about an entire minute or so :s

Seriously, it was fine as it was with F1 and F2, like you know, in your PREVIOUS games?
Who comes up with this new way of accepting yes or no, and WHO approves it?[/QUOTE]

This. Stuff like this shows me how stressed they must have been. I mean why else would the internship guy be supervised by the cleaning personal? Sorry for getting harsh, but when it comes to usability of the GUI, this game fails on many corners. Lets hope some patches bring more love to the interface.

(neg) #55

[QUOTE=Crytiqal;347028]
Who comes up with this new way of accepting yes or no, and WHO approves it?[/QUOTE]

someone who obviously hasnt created a fireteam in their own game