Fine Tuning Update Release Notes - 4th September, 2017 - UPDATED!

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

This Fine Tuning Update contains a selection of bug fixes across the board, including:

UI

• Temporarily changed the in-game font for localisation testing in more languages
  • This change will affect all players temporarily - In a future update, fonts will change depending on the language chosen by the player
  • Altered the colors in the Play menu, so that Casual Mode better aligns with the game’s visual language
  • Players will now automatically announce in chat when changing Merc, to keep teammates informed
  • This is the first iteration of this system, and will be improved with future updates
  • Players using quick chat commands will now have their V-say combinations displayed in the chat
  • Slightly increased the font size for items in the Home Screen, Store, and Scoreboard in the Post-Game Lobby
  • Added Active Missions to the Profile tab at the bottom left of the menus, allowing you to view them from the In-Game Lobby

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where the screen could briefly be obstructed by the gun when spawning
  • Fixed bug where players would remain in the matchmaking search for a short period after closing the game
  • Fixed bug where it was difficult to see Javelin’s rocket when firing her Rocket Launcher straight ahead
  • Fixed bug where Commander voice lines would not play when destroying pylon A on Dome
  • Fixed bug where Javelin’s Smart Ammunition Armor ability was not always disabled by Phantom’s EMP
  • Fixed bug where the Shar-C reload animation was not playing correctly in third person
  • Fixed bug where the Tactical Combat Axe would clip into Javelin’s hands
  • Fixed bug where the scoreboard was not sorted by XP in the post-game lobby
  • Fixed bug where team chat would appear in the wrong color in the pre-game lobby
  • Fixed bug where players were sometimes prompted to “accept” Casual Matchmaking games
  • Fixed bug where players could not change Mercs in a ranked lobby
  • Fixed bug where the Update Notification pop up was overlapped by the Play Button
  • Fixed bug where player names would disappear from the chat messages in the post-game lobby
  • Fixed bug where players could get stuck in a searching-for-match state
  • Fixed bug where more than 6 players could join a party
  • Fixed bug where Vote to surrender would be enabled after 3 min instead of 5 min

Known issues

• Chat will not pop up telling players why matchmaking searches are cancelled
  • This can happen when searching with a penalty, or if no servers are found
  • There are some font kerning and alignment issues in certain languages, along with some broken characters
  • Font changes in a future update will resolve these issues

Enjoy!
shoe.

(nokiII) #2

Why don’t you mention the font change at all? It’s a pretty big change…

(LIGHT_BAGHEERA) #3

Finally fixed bug where you get stuck at searching for a match screen, one of most annoying bugs ever

(K1X455) #4

is Javelin’s rocket now misfiring?

(BlackboltLW) #5

@K1X455 said:
is Javelin’s rocket now misfiring?

Thank God that’s a fine nerf

Kappa

(_milla) #6

Axe is broken

(Melinder) #7

@stayfreshshoe

Are you guys at all aware that Weapon Kits can’t be used with Javelin? Is this intentional? I’ve struggled to get an answer from anybody, despite how many individual people I’ve asked, and posting in the Bug Megathreads.

(Chris Mullins) #8

@Melinder said:
@stayfreshshoe

Are you guys at all aware that Weapon Kits can’t be used with Javelin? Is this intentional? I’ve struggled to get an answer from anybody, despite how many individual people I’ve asked, and posting in the Bug Megathreads.

This definitely sounds like a bug to me. Will pass it on

(blufflord) #9

@nokiII said:

Any chance the UI font changes etc weren’t meant to be in this update?

(Kennyluz) #10

@nokiII said:

Indeed. Especially for me, as now it doesn’t support Polish unicode so my translation is broken af, SD fix this please

(GhosteyGhost) #11

Phantom’s obsidian operative is visually bugged for me. If I kill someone with katana it then turns around, nearly every time…

(DynoSauR) #12

I hate to be a noob but, what does this mean?
“Fixed bug where Javelin’s Smart Ammunition Armor ability was not always disabled by Phantom’s EMP”
Phantom’s EMP?

(KSMadafaka) #13

Why you don’t mention bug with not geting kills in profile menu?

(R4pingTr4in) #14

What about the statistics bug? It’s been in the game for a month and still hasn’t been fixed. wow

(Unrivaled) #15

@R4pingTr4in said:
What about the statistics bug? It’s been in the game for a month and still hasn’t been fixed. wow

Anyway it’s too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

(blufflord) #16

@DynoSauR said:
I hate to be a noob but, what does this mean?
“Fixed bug where Javelin’s Smart Ammunition Armor ability was not always disabled by Phantom’s EMP”
Phantom’s EMP?

When phantom activates his refractive amour ability to go “invisible”, he also generators an emp radius around him. Any deployables in that radius get disables, such as mines, turrets and supposedly Jav’s ammo ability also.

(R4pingTr4in) #17

@Unrivaled said:

@R4pingTr4in said:

Anyway it’s too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

I don’t think so. Reseting stats? Why? I am lvl 83 and I wouldn’t be happy if they removed everything. I was playing this game during both of these simmilar statistics bugs. If you are developping yourself, you should be fine, because the more you play, the more relevant the statistics will be. It isn’t that much of a deal. It simply annoys me, because SD doesn’t even know about this bug, which is very strange considering a fact, that it’s a pretty old bug.

(X-RaY19) #18

Fix the bug when you are in a party and wnat to start casual game and it asked from you if you want to leave the party.

(frostyvampire) #19

You can now see quickchat messages used by the enemy team (at least while dead. I’m unsure about being alive) and also Javelin’s axe looks weird and the hitboxes got worse (especially against deployables)

(TheOmniscient) #20

This new Font looks horrid, and being able to see quick chat codes clutters the screen and is distracting due to how big and clunky it is. Please remove the the quickchat letter number combination and pick different font, or at least have an option to pick a font, because its disgusting currently.