Fine Tuning Update Release Notes - 4th September, 2017 - UPDATED!

(FabiopxK) #21

@GhosteyGhost said:
Phantom’s obsidian operative is visually bugged for me. If I kill someone with katana it then turns around, nearly every time…

Not sure if trolling or not, but in case not i’m going to assume you’re refering to the animation that plays after you kill someone with the katana. That is intentional and was added about 2 patches ago i think…it’s not a bug, it’s a new animation lol

not gonna lie…before, when it was slower, it looked way better :wink:

(Dagasawr) #22

@TheOmniscient said:
This new Font looks horrid, and being able to see quick chat codes clutters the screen and is distracting due to how big and clunky it is. Please remove the the quickchat letter number combination and pick different font, or at least have an option to pick a font, because its disgusting currently.

I wouldnt say its clunky if you get used to the combinations.

(DanNnex) #23

@_milla said:
Axe is broken

The axe is indeed broken, it now has the same range as the stiletto which makes no sense and the cut is way off. you have to look up in the sky to hit a merc in the chest,plz fix

(bgyoshi) #24

Axe range is SUPER busted
The in game text that shows up when someone switches class is incredibly obnoxious
I’ve been killed by airstrikes while underground
You can’t send text in the end-game chat box at the end of rounds

Hot fix QUICK

(Melinder) #25

@X-RaY19 said:
Fix the bug when you are in a party and wnat to start casual game and it asked from you if you want to leave the party.

That may not be a bug. Casual Matchmaking isn’t available in all regions. As far as I know, North America and parts of Europe are eligible.

(SandStormVN) #26

Anyone notice that Javelin’s axe attacking range is reduced? Now its short as hell. U cant even finish a laid-down foe while standing with that axe

(Unrivaled) #27

@R4pingTr4in said:

@Unrivaled said:

@R4pingTr4in said:
What about the statistics bug? It’s been in the game for a month and still hasn’t been fixed. wow

Anyway it’s too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

I don’t think so. Reseting stats? Why? I am lvl 83 and I wouldn’t be happy if they removed everything. I was playing this game during both of these simmilar statistics bugs. If you are developping yourself, you should be fine, because the more you play, the more relevant the statistics will be. It isn’t that much of a deal. It simply annoys me, because SD doesn’t even know about this bug, which is very strange considering a fact, that it’s a pretty old bug.

Well yeah then they should give us the possibility to reset them. The previous stats bug didn’t matter at all, none of the stats were working so it didn’t impact anything. For this one it’s very different.

What do you mean by “if you’re developping yourself”? I mean, stats are not shown to anybody, so the only purpose of them is to see what mercs you’re the most deadly/efficient/useful/etc with. I almost exclusively played Sparks over the past month, and it’s now my 4th most played merc. I had around 2.0 kills per minute before the bug, I now have 0.4. I have over 30 hours of playtime with her I believe, so it’s needless to say that my stats for Sparks are now ruined forever. To make the stats somewhat relevant again, I’d need to “develop myself” all the time for years, so that the time I played with her during the bug (more than 20 hours I guess) becomes negligible. And that’s an insane amount of time.

So now, how am I supposed to compare, for example, my killing ability with Sparks as my killing ability with the other medics? And that’s something I would really like to know, because of how different Sparks’s gameplay is.

And btw SD does know about this bug, they have commented on a youtube video that they were aware of it, and that was weeks ago, maybe even more than a month ago.

So, yeah, I understand that you want to keep yours, so they shouldn’t reset them for everyone, but they should give us the possibility to do so imo.

(R4pingTr4in) #28

@Unrivaled said:

@R4pingTr4in said:

@Unrivaled said:

@R4pingTr4in said:
What about the statistics bug? It’s been in the game for a month and still hasn’t been fixed. wow

Anyway it’s too late they should just reset stats entirely at this point. Or since XP still works they could replace kills and assists with Combat XP. That would actually be cool to know the average Support XP, Combat XP and Game XP for every merc since our kill count is irrelevant now anyway.

I don’t think so. Reseting stats? Why? I am lvl 83 and I wouldn’t be happy if they removed everything. I was playing this game during both of these simmilar statistics bugs. If you are developping yourself, you should be fine, because the more you play, the more relevant the statistics will be. It isn’t that much of a deal. It simply annoys me, because SD doesn’t even know about this bug, which is very strange considering a fact, that it’s a pretty old bug.

Well yeah then they should give us the possibility to reset them. The previous stats bug didn’t matter at all, none of the stats were working so it didn’t impact anything. For this one it’s very different.

What do you mean by “if you’re developping yourself”? I mean, stats are not shown to anybody, so the only purpose of them is to see what mercs you’re the most deadly/efficient/useful/etc with. I almost exclusively played Sparks over the past month, and it’s now my 4th most played merc. I had around 2.0 kills per minute before the bug, I now have 0.4. I have over 30 hours of playtime with her I believe, so it’s needless to say that my stats for Sparks are now ruined forever. To make the stats somewhat relevant again, I’d need to “develop myself” all the time for years, so that the time I played with her during the bug (more than 20 hours I guess) becomes negligible. And that’s an insane amount of time.

So now, how am I supposed to compare, for example, my killing ability with Sparks as my killing ability with the other medics? And that’s something I would really like to know, because of how different Sparks’s gameplay is.

And btw SD does know about this bug, they have commented on a youtube video that they were aware of it, and that was weeks ago, maybe even more than a month ago.

So, yeah, I understand that you want to keep yours, so they shouldn’t reset them for everyone, but they should give us the possibility to do so imo.

By “developing yourself” I mean that you have to be getting better and better. I know that the statistics won’t be relevant, but seriously, it’s not that much of a deal (as I said). I found this comment, it was posted two weeks ago, so it makes our situation even stranger. I hope that not only for me. The best solution is to remove the playtime since the bug appeared, but I am quite sure it isn’t possible.

They know about this bug, they haven’t fixed it and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be fixed soon. With every hotfix I hope to see it in “fixed bugs” section, but every time they let me down and it hasn’t been written in “known bugs” section either. This behaviour is really interesting and annoying at the same time, because SD doen’s care about it or at least it doesn’t look like they care.

Btw I was writing my post to emphasise the fact that SD hasn’t fixed it yet, not to whine about my irrelevant statistics.

(videoboy4000) #29

Stats were already fucked before this, cause there were several months when gibbing and shooting deployables counted as missed shots.

This is just another disappointing update. Bullshit-features that noone needs, and well more bugs created than fixed.

And about the javelin weapon kit. Seriously? Shoe reads it the first time? There s like 20 threads only on steam about that.

(Pokeking593) #30

Splash Damage, you NEED to put US & EU objective servers back in the server browser, or boot up some more servers for US & EU objective that are not excluded from the server browser as it takes 3-7 minutes for the queue to place people in a server when we could previously do just that ourselves in less than 30 seconds with the server browser. The removal of said US & EU servers along with Javelin’s legitimately overpowered rocket launcher have made quite a lot of players very unhappy, some enough to boycott your game until you’ve rectified the issues, despite how much they’ve liked your game before the update. Need proof? Just take a good look at the forums here on the DB website, the discussions on DB’s Steam community, and comments on your Steam news releases.

(itsabattleship) #31

I preffered the old font. Just cant get used to the new yet :confused:

(Jaso) #32

@stayfreshshoe

SD pls remove proxies eye patch on beta fighter loadout

(Unrivaled) #33

@R4pingTr4in said:
The best solution is to remove the playtime since the bug appeared, but I am quite sure it isn’t possible.

Yes that would be the best, but I don’t think it’s possible either.

@videoboy4000 said:
Stats were already @$!# before this, cause there were several months when gibbing and shooting deployables counted as missed shots.

Yes that’s very true, and gibbing was also giving half xp in the past, and health or ammo insurance didn’t exist, overall, stats are pretty broken because of all the changes and bugs. It’s way easier to get xp now that it was before.

(TuCaNn96) #34

the worst update since I play.

(404_Dfusion) #35

i for one would of loved to see the quickchat and merc switch chat as a toggle in the option menu. so people can disable it if they dont want it.

(blufflord) #36

@TuCaNn96 said:

Fair to assume you started playing recently?

(DirtyBuns) #37

@DynoSauR said:
I hate to be a noob but, what does this mean?
“Fixed bug where Javelin’s Smart Ammunition Armor ability was not always disabled by Phantom’s EMP”
Phantom’s EMP?

Phantom emits EMP when invisible. Nearby deployables (eg: Healing Stations) get “fried” momentarily if a cloaked enemy Phantom is nearby.

The intent is that this can also disable Javelin’s Ammo giving suit/armor.

(emjot) #38

I don’t mind the font, but the text is unreadable, too big, not aligned properly just awful. Some things are small (press F button to revive then big as hell helping out). It would be nice to have scalable UI.

(OwynTyler) #39

@emjot said:
It would be nice to have scalable UI.

Indeed, and prferable custom font choosing too, before this update text was just unreadable for me, now it’s pretty ferfect (except for outgame menu where it’s still small as heck), but I’d still choose to set it to Verdana as always and maybe few pixels larger not to leave useless empty space on screen

(TuCaNn96) #40

@blufflord said:

@TuCaNn96 said:

Fair to assume you started playing recently?

the axe of javelin no longer has the same scope :neutral: