Favorite Fire Support to Play?

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #1

Been a while since the last one, so here’s the next one up on the list.
5. Arty- I don’t dislike playing Arty, it’s just that after the burst-rifle nerfs… eh, he’s just not as fun. He may be the best Fire Support, meta-wise, but when you have the choice between an Asian character with a katana vs an Asian character without a katana… well you end up below the one with the katana (INB4 the racist jokes)
4. Kira- Take Arty and make him fast, a girl, and give him a sword. And a laser.
3. Skyhammer- Mr. Reliable-and-also-probably-drunk! He may be the default merc, but he’s still pretty damn fun to play every now and then. Whether it be deleting people with M4A1 and laughing at them for thinking he’s a nub merc, or getting a pentakill with an airstrike on Chapel (which I’ve actually never done but I hear it’s pretty nutty), there’s nothing wrong with playing the handsome Scot who kept killing all the chiggies (jiggies? jinkies? I dunno…).
2. Stoker- Oh, these last two or gonna be tough. If I could tie them, I would (I mean I could, but I don’t like putting ties on lists), but a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. This British-Barbecuer is friggin’ awesome to play! The molotovs are really fun to use, he’s effective on pretty much every map (or at least useful), and, c’mon, who can resist that lovely English gentlemen’s voice?

1. Javelin- I’M NOT SORRY. She may have an annoying voice, she may make you look like an asshole every time you use her only useful ability, and she may be one of the most infuriating mercs to get killed by, but goddammit I love playing this merc! The rocket launcher is super fun to use, especially with the guided mode, the SHAR-C is stupidly good, and the Combat Axe is just… so good. I don’t care what you say, when it comes down to it, she’s just straight up fun.

Alright, well, that’s that!
I’M STILL NOT SORRY.

(Your worst knifemare.) #2
  1. Kira: Fun to terrorize enemies with the weeb beam along with being a highly effective area denial
  2. Javelin: While her ability isn’t that good objective wise, it’s very useful getting rid of camping areas or anyone you find annoying.
  3. Stoker: Throw a Mollie at the c4, watch people panic and burn to death.
  4. Skyhaggis: Nothing against him besides the others are just more fun to play as.
  5. Arty: An overused tryhard spam merc where 75% of the people who I see main him are toxic if they main Fragger as well. Instead of complaining about Phantom or Nader, his cooldown on his arty strikes need to be nerfed.

1. Stoker
  2. Skyhammer
  3. Javelin
  4. Arty
  5. Kira

Not much has changed for me when it comes to these guys. Stoker remains one of my favorite mercs since he was released, Skyhammer is Mr. Reliable as you’ve said, and Javelin has the best Dreiss loadout in the game. Arty, even before the changes, just doesn’t stick with me and I’ve never liked Kira.

Nader is my true #1. Not a fire support, you say? Close enough. I can play her like one when needed.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #4

@Wintergreen said:

1. Stoker
  2. Skyhammer
  3. Javelin
  4. Arty
  5. Kira

Not much has changed for me when it comes to these guys. Stoker remains one of my favorite mercs since he was released, Skyhammer is Mr. Reliable as you’ve said, and Javelin has the best Dreiss loadout in the game. Arty, even before the changes, just doesn’t stick with me and I’ve never liked Kira.

Nader is my true #1. Not a fire support, you say? Close enough. I can play her like one when needed.

Now that I think of it, if you gave Nader the Ammo Aura and took away that from Javelin, they could pretty much just switch roles. Not really sure where Martyrdom would fit into that, though.

@MuddyGrenade said:

@Wintergreen said:

1. Stoker
  2. Skyhammer
  3. Javelin
  4. Arty
  5. Kira

Now that I think of it, if you gave Nader the Ammo Aura and took away that from Javelin, they could pretty much just switch roles. Not really sure where Martyrdom would fit into that, though.

That’s why I like Stoker as well. Both Nader and Stoker fill a hybrid role between Assault and Fire Support when played properly. They’re great at holding choke points, damaging the EV, damaging equipment and generators, countering heavy Mercs, and protecting bomb plants. Nader would become too strong if she were given any form of an ammo ability, though. But yeah, I agree Javelin is more along the lines of an Assault.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #6
  1. Arty-His airstrikes compensate my bad aim and gives me a chance vs those auto-headshotting players.

2. Skyhammer-I can’t airstrike as often as Arty, but his access to automatic rifles make him fun to play. Plus I can win some 1v1s due to the enemy underrstimating the ‘‘nooby’’ Skyhammer.

3. Stoker-Good weapons and his molotov works well on the EV and covering C4. Sad I didn’t get a Halloween Timic card :frowning:

4. Kira-Katanaz and Lazorz so much fun. Fun having duels with enemy Phantoms.

5. Javelin-Used to use her a lot on release, but the Shar-C doesn’t seem the same and my aim isn’t as good as before with it. Plus her axe was changed for the worse, a weapon I enjoyed way more than her rocket. Even so, she’s great when you need to take out that Rhino camping his waifu Aura’s medstation.

(Gire) #7
  1. Phantom
  2. Phantom
  3. Phantom
    2.Vassili
  4. Phantom

(Ptiloui) #8
  1. Skyhammer, the ol’good chap you can always rely on. Outdoor or indoors, he’s good everywhere.
  2. Stoker, for the same reason @Wintergreen said, being quite close to Nader when it comes to area denial.
  3. Arty. Even though i don’t like BR that much, there’s still the dreiss. And his abilities is good at destroying objectives as doing some area denial too.
  4. Kira’s too weak for me. Her laser is fun though.
  5. Javelin, well… everytime i kill someone with the rocket launcher, i feel bad. Her design is the only thing that saves her.

(Sorotia) #9

Stoker
Javeline
Skyhammer
Kira
Arty

(JJMAJR) #10
  1. Kira (weaboo here, kinda wish she had machine pistols even though that would be overpowered)
  2. Javelin (only merc with the SHAR-C and has an indoor ability)
  3. Stoker (ability works indoors)
  4. Skyhaggis (generic starter merc with a very swingy and infrequent ability)
  5. Arty (generic as hell but extremely effective, the former point aggravating my hatred of fire supports maining assault rifles)

Needless to say I don’t like playing fire supports in general.

@Lord_Coctus said:
Skyhaggis

That cracked me up tbh thanks.

(HadronZodiac) #11

Javelin isn’t annoying, you just cant counter her. She literally has so many counters, it’s just that she got nerfed so hard only way to get a kill is point blank rocket (aka annoying af)

Use turtle/guardian or shoot the rocket or find cover, she’s not that hard. Unless you’re using an 80-100 hp merc, you most likely wont instant die.

Anyways i’d pick javelin, crappy damage in rocket, cant hurt EVs, can’t 1 shot secondary objectives, but still overall fun. :slight_smile:

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #12

@HadronZodiac said:
Javelin isn’t annoying, you just cant counter her. She literally has so many counters, it’s just that she got nerfed so hard only way to get a kill is point blank rocket (aka annoying af)

Use turtle/guardian or shoot the rocket or find cover, she’s not that hard. Unless you’re using an 80-100 hp merc, you most likely wont instant die.

Anyways i’d pick javelin, crappy damage in rocket, cant hurt EVs, can’t 1 shot secondary objectives, but still overall fun. :slight_smile:

That was the most contradictive post I’ve ever seen.

(HadronZodiac) #13

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

lmao how?

(Ptiloui) #14

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

lmao how?

@HadronZodiac said:
… you just cant counter her. She literally has so many counters …

Probably that part especially :wink:

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #15

@Ptiloui said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

lmao how?

@HadronZodiac said:

Yeah this. Also called her not annoying but then also called her “annoying af”.

(HadronZodiac) #16

@Ptiloui said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

lmao how?

@HadronZodiac said:

I made a list if you didnt read it, so not so contradictive as you can see now ;p

(HadronZodiac) #17

@MuddyGrenade said:

@Ptiloui said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

lmao how?

@HadronZodiac said:

She isn’t an annoying merc, but getting pointblank exploded sometimes is, which can be fixed if devs did anything. How is that contradictory? Its 2 different topics, not to be rude but actually read it instead of seeing 2 points and complaining ;p

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #18

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@Ptiloui said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

lmao how?

@HadronZodiac said:

She isn’t an annoying merc, but getting pointblank exploded sometimes is, which can be fixed if devs did anything. How is that contradictory? Its 2 different topics, not to be rude but actually read it instead of seeing 2 points and complaining ;p

You said that Javelin is not an annoying merc, yet said that point blank rockets are annoying. Something that is only possible with one merc, named Javelin btw if you didn’t know.
Not to be rude, but actually contemplate the possibilities as to why your post has a problem, instead of assuming that people who say something remotely negative to you doesn’t have the ability to read something and then make a decision after using the knowledge from said reading to take a stance on a subject.

(HadronZodiac) #19

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@Ptiloui said:

@HadronZodiac said:

@MuddyGrenade said:

@HadronZodiac said:

lmao how?

@HadronZodiac said:

You said that Javelin is not an annoying merc, yet said that point blank rockets are annoying. Something that is only possible with one merc, named Javelin btw if you didn’t know.
Not to be rude, but actually contemplate the possibilities as to why your post has a problem, instead of assuming that people who say something remotely negative to you doesn’t have the ability to read something and then make a decision after using the knowledge from said reading to take a stance on a subject.

Her concept/playstyle isnt annoying. It’s just that she got so nerfed and countered only way to use her is to point blank. Javelin is fine, devs balancing isnt XD

(Xerny) #20

Kira, because orbital weapons and science are fun.

Also going melee only as Kira with the weeb stick is probably one of the most fun things to do.