FAIR PLAY COMPENSATER

(Major_Slapnuts) #1

I feel like when one team is getting smoked a “fair play compensater” kicks in and makes the losing team do more damage or hits easier.

I can’t tell you how many games I played where I’m defending and the other team goes down to seconds left to complete the first objective, then they just roll through the rest of the game.

I have been on both sides of it and it is almost always guaranteed that if you are getting killed and doing nothing, complete the first objective and you will come back and win.

When that happens it is very easy to hit and kill people.

Anyone else feels like there is something that happens that makes it easier to hit or kill the other team?

(henki000) #2

Only in my own wild imagination. Defeatism is a strong thing.

(Mc1412013) #3

I could say something … well i had this 3 paragraph post, but after rereading it would have been flagged because it would be considered abuse against snowflakes.

(LifeupOmega) #4

@Major_Slapnuts said:
I feel like when one team is getting smoked a “fair play compensater” kicks in and makes the losing team do more damage or hits easier.

Ah, you’re losing in a game where one team has to win, and one has to lose, better give you compensation for no reason aka unfair advantage : ) )) ) )) ) : )) )) : ) : )

(Teflon Love) #5

Basic algorithm to improve the balance of a match:

1. Votekick all crappy snipers and Phantoms.
  2. Make two players pick medic.
  3. On C4 or EV objectives: make one player pick engineer.
  4. If needed, make at least one player apply air strikes, laser, molotov or nades in appropriate places.

If only SD would automate step 1 to 3 the game would be better off already.

(Mc1412013) #6

@teflonlove said:

1. If needed, make at least one player apply air strikes, laser, molotov or nades in appropriate places.

Your assuming the person deisgnated will have half a brain.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #7

Poor fella, suffers from a classic case of ‘‘git gud’’. :frowning:

(Major_Slapnuts) #8

@LifeupOmega said:

@Major_Slapnuts said:

Ah, you’re losing in a game where one team has to win, and one has to lose, better give you compensation for no reason aka unfair advantage : ) )) ) )) ) : )) )) : ) : )

YES! An unfair advantage to make the game more exciting. Exactly. We wouldn’t play if one team could always stop the other team at the first objective, so the game makes sure that does not happen.

(GatoCommodore) #9

@Major_Slapnuts said:

@LifeupOmega said:

@Major_Slapnuts said:

YES! An unfair advantage to make the game more exciting. Exactly. We wouldn’t play if one team could always stop the other team at the first objective, so the game makes sure that does not happen.

you see, defenders only defends and attacker only attacks
its an asymetrical advantage and disadvantage on each team

we dont need stuff like damage buff when someone else rage quitted or something

The end match screen could use more improvement imo
we need more stuff like how crap did you do in the game and a kind of motivation to git gud

(Major_Slapnuts) #10

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:
Poor fella, suffers from a classic case of ‘‘git gud’’. :frowning:

It’s not a complaint, it is an observation. I have been on both ends of it.
for the record, I am a bad player. I almost never go .500 KDR.

When I do have a bad streak, it is usually broken by a game that I go 25 kills and 8 deaths.
There is no other explanation for my good game other than game buff.

(ThePigVomit) #11

It’s called the ‘try hard’ perk…its on gen 1 cards.

(Nail) #12

“There is no other explanation for my good game other than game buff.”

you’re wrong, just like the last donkey that suggested it

Rewarding players for being bad at the game shouldn’t be a thing.

(Mc1412013) #14

@Kirays said:

Its the way the world is going now. Teach the kids we all win and that there are no no loosers. Then the little snow flake runs to mommy and momy sues the company for hiring some one else and not hiring him or sues a bunch of kids becuase he lost a game of tag.

I remeber my geting a phone call from my kids school because they repremanded him for playing tag becuase it basicaly teases the kids and may upset the person who was it and because they cant all be winers yada yada yada. It took every ounce to not call the primcipal a complete tool and to go fuck himself. But i just dissagreed with him and pretended to semi agree to get him to shut up and hang up. When he got home i told him about the call told him he did NOTHING wrong that the school is scared of lawsuits and snowflake(didnt use that word to him) parents. I played kill the carrier which is reverse tag i front of the teaches as a kid and we all survived. I told hime he could play tag after school when i picked him up so i could be there in person to tell the other parent to fuck off and grow a pair.

(Major_Slapnuts) #15

@Mc1412013 said:

@Kirays said:

Its the way the world is going now. Teach the kids we all win and that there are no no loosers. Then the little snow flake runs to mommy and momy sues the company for hiring some one else and not hiring him or sues a bunch of kids becuase he lost a game of tag.

I remeber my geting a phone call from my kids school because they repremanded him for playing tag becuase it basicaly teases the kids and may upset the person who was it and because they cant all be winers yada yada yada. It took every ounce to not call the primcipal a complete tool and to go @$!# himself. But i just dissagreed with him and pretended to semi agree to get him to shut up and hang up. When he got home i told him about the call told him he did NOTHING wrong that the school is scared of lawsuits and snowflake(didnt use that word to him) parents. I played kill the carrier which is reverse tag i front of the teaches as a kid and we all survived. I told hime he could play tag after school when i picked him up so i could be there in person to tell the other parent to @$!# off and grow a pair.

It makes sense for a business. I don’t play any of the old battlefield games because ill go 3 and 20 every game. It makes sense to let bad players hit easier every now and again to keep them interested.

It keeps bad players coming back.

It is a solid business decision.

and from what I see it is happening.

(Major_Slapnuts) #16

@Mc1412013 said:

@Kirays said:
I played kill the carrier which is reverse tag in front of the teaches as a kid and we all survived.

We called it Smear the Qu??r! (rhymes with deer)

(Mc1412013) #17

@Major_Slapnuts said:
I don’t play any of the old battlefield games because ill go 3 and 20 every game.
So instead of pushing yourself at getting better u would rather take the easy lazy way out. Your not
entitled to a win just for playing. How is it fair if i worked hard to get to near pro level just to get my ass handed
to me becuase a noob gets a hit box tgw size of your screen.

NO IT DOESNT… only for snowflakes like u. I got my ass handed to me every game i played in db for a while and i didnt give up or leave. Hackers lack of players and poor fgame quality/execution drive players away

No.
Aslo no

(phobiatic) #18

@Major_Slapnuts said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@Kirays said:

I remeber my geting a phone call from my kids school because they repremanded him for playing tag becuase it basicaly teases the kids and may upset the person who was it and because they cant all be winers yada yada yada. It took every ounce to not call the primcipal a complete tool and to go @$!# himself. But i just dissagreed with him and pretended to semi agree to get him to shut up and hang up. When he got home i told him about the call told him he did NOTHING wrong that the school is scared of lawsuits and snowflake(didnt use that word to him) parents. I played kill the carrier which is reverse tag i front of the teaches as a kid and we all survived. I told hime he could play tag after school when i picked him up so i could be there in person to tell the other parent to @$!# off and grow a pair.

It makes sense for a business. I don’t play any of the old battlefield games because ill go 3 and 20 every game. It makes sense to let bad players hit easier every now and again to keep them interested.

How is it a solid business decision? Bad players are less likely to stay, because they will eventually face a stronger enemy.

They should invest in people that are willing to put 400+ hours in the game. The veteran players is where they earn most of their income since those players already invested time into the game so they have are more likely to also spend money. New players see the game as F2P and don’t feel the urge to spend any money in it.

The main balance issue is that newer and even veteran players play 1 merc the whole round. There’s a reason we get to pick 3 mercs, so you can swap on the spot to counter the enemy advantage or help team if you in a disadvantage. But I rarely see people do that, how often you see players with 1 medic, 1 assault, 1 engineer to counter all 3 situations? Almost never, only “competitive” players do it since it make sense.

There is no help of any kind kicking in at any point - my guess is that your skill simply varies.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #20

Getting steamrolled on a second point immediately after losing the first point is usually result of not being prepared for the following fight. Use the Instant Respawn mechanic to prevent this so you and your team can reset and set up for the incoming fight.
An unfair advantage is just that: unfair. It’s like asking for your team to lose all of its bad players and be replaced with pro players, and the enemy team loses all of its good players and gets replaced with level 5 Vassilis.