Extraction UPDATE: Version 24597 - September 27th 2013

(attack) #41

after my first rage post now some usefull questions.when will we get the new blockouts maps like battersea forpublic or maybe only for scrims.
would be nice to can test them already .(i love battersea :D)

(acutepuppy) #42

I’ve been hoping to see changes in EV and data core behavior… like a big increase in EV assist distance (especially forward or line-of-sight), or longer transmission times with fewer cores to steal… Unless it’s just for data collection, this is very confusing.

I mean… why didn’t get just get rid of the awful EV stage and make the chapel a C4 objective with a forward spawn or two.

(fzl) #43

ok here my 1th impressions…

not more than 3 characters is good but this game has 5 classes?..why not 5 characters?

jumpfeeling is now much better

mouse sensitivity has been changed? i use the same sensitivity as before but now is 20% slower???!!

increased headshots and reduce bodyshots damage is awesome! 100points to SD

vsay bind errors (sounds) are not fixed …grml…

server browser is not lagging anymore (NICE!!!)

i see the future of this game now much better…

nice work sd

greetz fzl

(mazesc) #44

Weren’t there some changes to the interior of the chapel? And now it’s gone? :smiley: Best thing for Whitechapel would be to turn the map around and make the attackers get the docs from the chapel as the final objective. First phase is capturing the 3 objectives at the construction site to make the lift go up faster.

(k1ruaa) #45

GREAT UPDATE! Finally good aiming is rewarded ! Finally you can get multikills in a decent way ! yay ! Interface looks great also gg SD.

What I don’t like : The game is still slow, you still can’t sprint while reloading and stuff, there is still no nades and you removed the funniest part of white chapel :’(

(INF3RN0) #46

SWEEET BUTTERY JESUS! Updating now!

(Rex) #47
  • “- Players must now choose three characters to take into game” makes absolutely no sense for me. Is there a valid reason why we can’t switch between all classes ingame? :confused:
  • It’s much better now which increased headshot and reduced body shot damage! Aiming for the head feels more rewarding now. Though I have to say the ttk is still the same -> too short.

[li] Stoker (former BBQ) - at first I really thought it was a bug when my ammo station disappeared. :smiley: [/li]Later I realized they disappear after a while on purpose. You were right about trying to balance it, because it was too imba before. But now I rather feel like an engi as I have to deploy my ammo station every minute!
    You should have rather decrease the ammo refill time from the station, that you can’t get 3 packs within 5secs.
    A ‘station’ is for me a static thing which you don’t have to move so often (e.g. supply crates).

• The black bars on the top and at the bottem when you spectate a mate after death are not good. Leave the screen as it was before. Or what’s their purpose?

(Seanza) #48

About being limited to the number of characters we can use…

I think people are frustrated (I was too) because I want to have 1 of each “class” available to me. But then when you realise that there are no longer classes in this game, it makes sense. Here’s how I’ve learned to treat it;

Choose the type of player you want to be and choose the 3 characters that you feel suit that role. For example, if you’re the type of person to only go medic, then just choose 3 of the characters who have medic abilities.

This is adding in a new dynamic for the metagame, I like it.

(Nail) #49

WOW, from 200+ fps on duel map to 50, not liking these patches

(edit) just checked, this update resets everything to high/on, after redoing setup, back to better framerate

(Seanza) #50

V-Sync is automatically on now, check if it’s on or off.

(Nail) #51

yah, figgered that out, patch reset everything to default, now good to go

(attack) #52

[QUOTE=Seanza;473705]About being limited to the number of characters we can use…

I think people are frustrated (I was too) because I want to have 1 of each “class” available to me. But then when you realise that there are no longer classes in this game, it makes sense. Here’s how I’ve learned to treat it;

Choose the type of player you want to be and choose the 3 characters that you feel suit that role. For example, if you’re the type of person to only go medic, then just choose 3 of the characters who have medic abilities.

This is adding in a new dynamic for the metagame, I like it.[/QUOTE]
ok and you want to change it for every map by disconnect change loadoput reconnect?

public will be a big problem too ,if 8 field ops are on the server.
still gamestar.de have said that the 1 char system at brink is a big critic point and other gamesites too.(youtube reviews the same)
i dont want to reconnect to can play a other char ,that simply sucks and i pormise you that this will give a huge dislike in the upcoming game.
im tired of say it all over again.
so we will see.
gn8

(DB Genome editor) #53

[QUOTE=Smooth;473593]

[ul]
[li]Players must now choose three characters to take into game
[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
Seems a bit restrictive, kind of got used to 5. It’s nice that there are no class restrictions, but I’m just a bit concerned that we won’t see as much variety in game as people will be more reluctant to include 1 or 2 “exotic” or “situational” mercs in a lineup of 3 as they would in a set of 5 :frowning:

[QUOTE=Smooth;473593][ul]
[li]Additional characters must be purchased with earned in-game coins, allowing us to do a basic test on character popularity
[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
Is the current cost representative in any way? Right now you can earn enough coins to unlock 1 merc in one round… Is that some sort of accelerated scheme to give the Beta participants quick access to all the mercs or is this likely to be the scheme in the released game as well?

(shaftz0r) #54

there is now no reason to play med at all, unless you want to hug corners and bait your teammates all game for some cleanups. getting into a firefight with any other class except a med puts you at a significant disadvantage with equal health.

(Mustang) #55

[QUOTE=attack;473728]ok and you want to change it for every map by disconnect change loadoput reconnect?

public will be a big problem too ,if 8 field ops are on the server.
still gamestar.de have said that the 1 char system at brink is a big critic point and other gamesites too.(youtube reviews the same)
i dont want to reconnect to can play a other char ,that simply sucks and i pormise you that this will give a huge dislike in the upcoming game.
im tired of say it all over again.
so we will see.
gn8[/QUOTE]
It’s coming soon™

(Wezelkrozum) #56

Not if you’re in a firefight with BombaKlak. Then you can use defibs to kill him twice in a match and get him angry :tongue:

(mazesc) #57

[QUOTE=Nail;473707]WOW, from 200+ fps on duel map to 50, not liking these patches

(edit) just checked, this update resets everything to high/on, after redoing setup, back to better framerate[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I’m baffled that people notice an FPS change immediately, but don’t realize that the whole game looks different.

(attack) #58

:smiley: . config to only read fix it all

(Mustang) #59

It wasn’t so much the on/off/high/low as it was vsync being turned back on.

Much more noticeable than a few extra leaves floating around and such like.

(acutepuppy) #60

The TTK feels much better, I can escape danger.