ETQW ProMod - source code?

(CfYz) #1

Have any1 knowledge about hannes and ProMod sources - was they ever be released to public? I have an experienced friend (lead developer for of Quake 3 CPMA right now) who can review the code and maybe some fixes will appear.

If you know something or you know hannes well - let me know!

P.S. Please don’t ask me why I need it and if you find such a request as useless - just don’t post anything :wink: I’m aware of a daed gaem already…

(Kendle) #2

I don’t know Hannes or whether he’d make any of his code available, but this is his website :-

http://myhannes.info

And this is his crossfire.nu profile (which says he visited the site today so presumably a PM on there would get to him pretty quick)

http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=user&mode=view&id=6710

(Hydrium) #3

Hello,

As far as i know etqw promod is like any other mod for quake engine games, just a bunch of packed files that both the client and the server have.

I think etqw uses pk3 or pk4 wich can be opened with a simple program like winrar for example. U should be able to edit the stuff u want to edit and then release it as a “new” version. BOTH server and client need this “new” promod in order for it to work. correct me if iam wrong.

Good luck with it, Hyd

(jopjop) #4

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: BUT I want to know what changes are you interested in doing!

(Kl3ppy) #5

u can find him here at this irc chan: #splashdamage @quakenet

(.Chris.) #6

What needs fixing exactly apart from missing string on coin toss vote? :slight_smile:

He did once say he’d release the code once Brink was released or so.

(CfYz) #7

jopjop
Chris

performance, lags, netcode. maybe - its only maybe.

(jopjop) #8

OMG dont even joke saying that the netcode would be fixed and then when it doesnt get fixed… It’s like saying to a child that you can go to that water park of your dreams and eat all the ice cream you want and then taking him to the doctors to pop inflammated eardrums.

(Crytiqal) #9

I would also like to have the etqwpro source… =(