ETQW 1.6 patch

(Kordin) #21

Oh yes, i can see fragmovies incoming where strogg bombers get sniped out of the air by ejection seats!

(onYn) #22

Prolly this whole thread is just a weird way to sneak out some information about Dirty Bomb.

(Violator) #23

Early alpha footage available here:

(Ashog) #24

As someone mentioned above, it seems the vehicles being deployed by aircraft and space drops are really worked on in the next patch. Just found that someone leaked this early version of the tweak for the next patch. Seems like it is already quite functional, can’t wait to see the release:

//youtu.be/9cLZYWk-YVg

I also got a request: could we please have the cruise control for MCP, it is quite needed on Refinery in and near the GDF base spawn, in order to drive MCP in a circular path around spawnbase while not needing to constantly sit at the keyboard and steer it (see Make with a Game movie)?

(Kl3ppy) #25

there is a cruise control, just turn the mcp around and drive backwards. But dont tell it anybody, its a glitch!

(_Megabyte) #26

most important set stupidity_0

(Rex) #27

This is a setting which can be only changed by the clients. Most of them got it on “1”, but I highly recommend to set stupidity “0”. Just edit your config file.

(cloudhalo) #28

y wasnt i told about this stupidity car BEFORE…geeez i thought u guys had my back. no wonder i keep getting killed, because my shots never land even tho i rape my enemies with head-shots.
cheers…

(Dthy) #29

plz fix when xit vehcle thks

(jopjop) #30

omg this thread is brilliant. Did you do the coding yourself Rex or did you hire someone? Did you use something like this to get it done so fast?

(Runeforce) #31

Ha, this reminds me one of the more wierd things I have been thought about QW in TAW: the decoy ejection is working in such a way that if you turn the mcp around and drive it backwards, you can avoid locked on fire comming from the front (comming in the direction from the deploy spot towards you) more effectively (really!) Genius! Except you can’t see where the hell you are going!!

I’m glad it is a tactic that has not caught on. Mandetory backwards mcp driving would suck! :slight_smile:

(Rex) #32

[QUOTE=Runeforce;435767]Ha, this reminds me one of the more wierd things I have been thought about QW in TAW: the decoy ejection is working in such a way that if you turn the mcp around and drive it backwards, you can avoid locked on fire comming from the front (comming in the direction from the deploy spot towards you) more effectively (really!) Genius! Except you can’t see where the hell you are going!!

I’m glad it is a tactic that has not caught on. Mandetory backwards mcp driving would suck! :)[/QUOTE]

I’ve done this a lot in the past. Noobs got really confused and some of them even asked (on one of the most famous noob server ever): “Why does he drive backwards? Is he faster with this?” Some others replied then: “I think he is faster.:smiley:
Good old noob trolling times. :cool:

(Ashog) #33

I actually use the backrun MCP mainly for lolz and because it deflects incoming hogs better that way (different angle of the back side) so that hogs have less chance to damage it completely.

(Ashog) #34

Some new developments with the patch, also part of the code released:

(Ashog) #35

Another upcoming feature - remotely rearrangeable tripmine laser beams - in such a way the reach of the normal tripmines may be doubled and even cover the 3D area instead of a plain:

//youtu.be/8wBFZGNBC68

(ASD) #36

[QUOTE=Ashog;435917]Some new developments with the patch, also part of the code released:

https://vimeo.com/35441347[/QUOTE]
wow looks great!
in the video is no sound… are the bicycle bell still missing?
if yes here are some

can you provide some video with non ego view?

(Runeforce) #37

Only thing that we really (seriously) need in 1.6: REMOVE THE ****ING DRM SCHEME SERVICE (lol) OF “AUTHENTICATED SERVERS” (not) PROVIDED BY DEMONWARE!!! (But kudos to you guys at SD for keeping the LAN model clean!)

(Khamul) #38

I wanna add more than 100 ppl ! :cool:

(king_troll) #39

the game doesnt work on windows 7 x64, when you start up and try to find your account and select it, the user files are not created when you select your username, when you start the game backup, you have to do again, and you can never go any further

(Kl3ppy) #40

Wrong, its working, im on win7 64 so stop complaining/trolling and go back in your cave!