ET Spawn time. How to change?

(thrall) #1

How would I change the spawn time in ET? I looked through configs , settings etc. I have a dedicated server but the respawn time is 35 seconds! how would I lower it without using shrub or etpro? I cannot setup shrub nor have the patience.

(Rippin Kitten) #2

Maps define their own spawn times for each team. You can override these with the g_redlimbotime for Axis and g_bluelimbotime for Allies. Its in milliseconds, so β€œ20000” would be twenty seconds. If you wanted to give Allies a 5 second respawn time and Axis a 35 second one, you’d enter the following in the server console:

/set g_bluelimbotime β€œ5000”
/set g_redlimbotime β€œ35000”

Keep in mind that maps are playtested to find the best spawn time for each team. Its a tricky balancing act to make sure maps are fair for both sides. For the stock maps, every 2 seconds the Allies wait in limbo the Axis team should wait for 3. If you make Allies spawn in 15 seconds then Axis should spawn in 20.

Automating this will probably require Shrub or ETPro, something that lets you do β€œper-map configs.” You can also do it if the server is running in objective or stopwatch mode, since you can add these commands after you call the map in objectivecycle.cfg .

RK