ET:QW-Mod-Project-List

(Floris) #21

Anyone remember trenches in the RtcW MP Test? No? I can’t blame you for that. The map was awfull.

(TheBladeRoden) #22

I use the term World War 1.5 for that sort of thing.

(THEJEBIDIAH{EoW}) #23

heh… the only way trench warfare would be cool, is if it only had 1 10 meter trench that you spawn at… then a bunch of tanks and bunkers and stuff…

(nUllSkillZ) #24
  • Wheels of War added to the list.

I’ve added this to the W:ET list in error.
Sorry.

(Hakuryu) #25

I’ll be mapping for Quake Wars… I’ve got a few terrains and building models wip in Maya already. I’ve even got a Gold Rush tribute map taking form on paper right now :stuck_out_tongue:

About WW2; I wouldn’t mind seeing this also but… I’d like to see a fictional version where it’s like 1960 and the war is still dragging on. Nazi’s own most of Europe and parts of Africa. This way you would see alot of the experimental Nazi projects that were found out near the end of war - in use… could make for some interesting maps. I watch the History channel alot, and many times they state the war might not have been won if Germany and Japan got some of their newest inventions into the fray, like rocket powered aircraft that could simply outfly allied planes.

(iwound) #26

Will defo make a map for that, and bugger all entities.
Possibly the odd chicken to run over though.

(madness) #27

I wanna see a Wolfenstein mod :slight_smile:
Axis vs Allies ftw

(nUllSkillZ) #28

RTCW2

(madness) #29

doubt it’ll be better than QW :stuck_out_tongue:

(Bravo) #30

WWI wasn’t simply about trench warfare, that was only one aspect of it in Western Europe…there were many greatly differing campaigns throughout the world, so whoever had the idea for a WWI mod wasn’t completely insane…in fact, it would make for a good mod if done with a little thought.

Personally I would like to see a WWII mod that is set within the Burma campaign, the XXIV Army under General William Slim (aka the ‘Forgotten Army’) went through some amazing campaigns and something replicating these events would make for a great game

(nUllSkillZ) #31
  • Ancolius added

(DG) #32

http://www.digitalsoftware.se/projects/index.php?pid=167

AvsB

Project description:

The ET:QW-mod AvsB pits the most skillful private contract firms available in a fierce fight for money and reputation, using all the modern weapons and technology they can muster.

Some of the features:

• True playerskill based handling of firearms - practice makes perfect.
  • Multiple game modes including VIP duty, surgical strike operations and large scale full-out conflicts.
  • Player customizable weapon loadouts for maximum control over favourite armament in specific situations and missions.
  • Dynamic battlefields and scenery, including non static setup of objects. No more pre-determined pixelaiming!
  • Map persistent economy for upgrades and loadout choices of firearms.
  • Variable map sizes and loadout, to support everything between 2 to 32 players.
  • Accurate damage modeling and handling of firearms and gear - no artificially forced balancing on behaivor instead of cost.
  • Multisegmented and multilayered collision meshes for true damage modeling of weapon penetrations and differences between ‘barely hits’ and ‘dead on hits’.

Quite a lot of big promises from people who cant have seen any code yet butnice ambitions :slight_smile:

(nUllSkillZ) #33

Not sure if this is meant serious (come on: A versus B).
Although doubts its added.

Edit:

Due to their ModDB profile they have an internal alpha and 10 % of the mod is done.
:eek2:
May be we all should have bought our copy of ET:QW at one of those online shops with release dates end of June / begin of July.
Unfortunately can’t remember which one it is.
:smiley:

(Zarkow) #34

The project is serious. Check out other projects to see our history.

And modDB doesn’t have many ptions for status at all, i.e. no ‘in pre-development’,‘in development’ or anything before ‘internal alpha’, so the options on what to select is kinda limited.

And yes, 10% is somewhat accurate (you cannot choose 7%, so… :wink: ) since documentation for everything is included in the overall status of the project.

(Danyboy) #35

seriously - ?

I thought that sci-fi aspect of RTCW destroyed the single player - the best parts were breaking out of the castle, going through the village, walking through the forrest and entering fuel depot. The zombies, venom guns and recently resurrected super bosses were poo

A nice Guns of Navarone or Where Eagles Dare would be a nice mod for ETQW - WHO’S WITH ME?!

(Zarkow) #36

Danyboy>> Off-topic, but I agree with you. The same way I thought Far Cry was fun up and until the ‘monsters’ starting to appear. I guess I’m a soldier/military-buff more then wanting to shoot monsters/zombies.

(Zyklon) #37

seriously - ?

I thought that sci-fi aspect of RTCW destroyed the single player - the best parts were breaking out of the castle, going through the village, walking through the forrest and entering fuel depot. The zombies, venom guns and recently resurrected super bosses were poo
[/quote]

That was just what was fun about RtCW, and what set it apart from the other WW2 shooters: the fantasy/sci-fi scene losely based on real research of the Nazis. It was also quite amusing! “Zis is zee pincake of my ressearch… Das Ubersoldat!”
It was good that the game didn’t take itself so seriously as other games do, throwing quotes about war from slightly to very known persons around on every death.

This may just be my preference, I’m just sick and tired of all those military movies and games that want to be dead-serious. This is also what made me dislike Q4, the whole military theme surrounding it. I want a fun game, not some Hollywood depiction of war.

(kamikazee) #38

I second that, the SP had this WW2 story with a twist.

(eiM) #39

well one question @ Ancolius FAQ they write the following

We are developing Ancolius for the Battlefield 2 engine.
so is it just old or isn’t it a ETQW modproject?

and @ Battletech Mod Productions - Projects Overview it says

MTS - Mech Tactical Simulation ## Battlefield 2 ## Mech Sim / FPS

also just old or what? :slight_smile: would be pleased about some answers :slight_smile:

(Zarkow) #40

AFAIK they are both BF2-projects that are looking into/are going to switch plattform due to limitations in the BF2-engine. (Can you say: “nothing not already in BF2 works”?)