ET: Dedicated server under Windows

(Codman) #1

Hello,

I have used the searchfunction but unfortunately did not find the exact information?

I want to set up an ET dedicated server under windows - how is it possible to start the server just command line based just like under linux? I don’t want to start the game/menü and then start the server.

thanks in advance!

(HairyPlums) #2

When you start the server from the in-game menu, it just builds up a command line for you and runs it.

Anyway, Start>Programs>Wolfenstein Enemy Territory>Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Help>Server Setup has all the info you need…

(DG) #3

might find further useful info over here if you find yourself in need of it.

in short though, here’s an example of a shortcut (could do similar with a batch file) :

“D:\ET\ET.exe” +set net_port 27960 +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set com_hunkmegs 96 +set com_zoneMegs 32 +set fs_homepath 27960 +exec server.cfg

You would put most of the detail for server setup in “server.cfg” file, which would be kept in “etmain” folder.

The stuff shown in blue is optional, more or less there as an example. However, if you are running several gameservers from the one ET install then i suggest you set a different “fs_homepath” value for each, this basically gives them each a seperate folder to work in, so to speak - where they will store logfiles, PB files and so on. Also, PB may misbehave when updating itself if seperate sf_homepaths arent used (as in the example, I set sf_homepath to the same as the server’s port, so it’s easy to keep track).