Enemy Territory Weird Texture problems :( :( :(

(TerraFirma) #1

I had to reinstall enemy territory and after reinstall the graphics look strange around the lights on maps there are rings, and there are other glitches etc!

I was playing this game on all same settings with the 71.22 drivers before no problems!

The green really stands out and i can even see it on ET main menu the dark background had dark green tints and also when i move around i can see it in the shadows etc Sad

Some one please HELP!!!

Heres the settings im using for ET, i had to write it out cuz fraps wouldnt take a screenshot

Video Quality: Custom (highest)
Resolution: 1280*1024
Color Depth: 32-bit
Fullscreen: Yes
Geometric Detail: High
Texture Detail: High
Texture Quality: 32-bit
Texture Filter: Trilinear
Detail Textures: Yes
Depth Buffer: 24-bit
Compress Textures: Yes
Sync Every Frame: No
Dynamic Lights: Enabled (Multipass)
GL Extensions: Enabled

PC Spec:

P4 2.8GHz
768mb Ram ddr 333
Nvidia 6800le

I have the latest version of ET and ETPRO

Here are some pics of what the textures look like…

(Zombie13) #2

Is your desktop colour depth at 16bit?

(fretn) #3

I think its a driver problem, I’m having this too (since I bought my new video card)

(Jaquboss) #4

hmm , it looks like you have 16bit render or 16bit textures…
I have 16bit textures with non-fullscreen , default depth settings…
overriding to 32 fix it for me…

(Sick Boy) #5

Turning off all optimizations in the nvidia control panel helps quite a bit for ET imo. (set to high quality or choose to see advanced settings)

(mortis) #6

It’s twilight in the old city!

There is a calibration you can make for 32 bit colors, but i find that it rarely helps…it’s on the main options menu iirc…

(MOOOO) #7

wow your screen is dark. Brighten it up, u wont nootice it as much and turn off dynamic lights.

(TerraFirma) #8

Thanks for the replys i have tried all of them the screen is a bit better!

I just noticed something when i used “ctrl, alt, del” to get to desktop, when the games still running and im in the desktop the textures are 16bit! :frowning:

Is there anyway to force it in to 32bit because i have it as 32bit in the games options but it obviously isnt working.

(NOTE: 32bit working on every other game and is set as default on my desktop)