Enemy Territory 2

(Spacetime) #1

I’m pretty sure it’s been asked a lot of times before but I’m wondering if we’ll ever get another Enemy Territory? Is it an IP issue?

(MrWolfster) #2

There are 2 new World War 2 FPS games in development right now, Spacetime, they’re called, “Battalion 1944” and “Days of War”.

http://www.battaliongame.com/

http://www.drivenarts.com/dow.html

Here’s some pre-alpha in-game footage of Bat44:

//youtu.be/g4c-05YpJlQ

And here’s an advert for DoW. Again, this is pre-alpha ingame footage:

//youtu.be/cnSJ4cTxsSo

The differences between the 2 games at this stage? Battalion 1944 has no class system and is simlar to Call of Duty 2. Days of War utilises the class system, it has 6 classes in total and is very similar to Day of Defeat.

Joe Brammer, a developer of Battalion 1944, is in the USA right now, attending some gaming conference. He’s meeting up with some of the SplashDamage folk while he’s there. Why so? I have no idea.

https://twitter.com/Brammertron/status/710630867463344128

(webDogster) #3

[B]Check out 2 new Games

Battalion 1944 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4

Days of War https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drivenarts/days-of-war-early-access
BAT44 is very similar to COD but with elements of ET
DOW is similar to day of defeat but with many elements of ET i suggest you check out the videos!
regards Dogster[/B]

(KeMoN) #4

Hello Spacetime,

You are indeed correct with your assumption that this is asked quite a lot. However since the situation is changing quite a lot as well, you are not wrong with asking.

Battalion 1944
Quite honestly I find Battalion 1944 not entirely convincing. The only real similarity that I can spot is that both are WW2 games. Maybe it is too early to say, but from the teaser video I have the impression that the gameplay pace is nowhere close to matching the one from W:ET. In my opinion there is just not much that makes this game really stand out. It is just another meat-grind, K/D focused game.

W:ET
This game stood out because at its time the engine was setting incredible standards, server admins were able to mod EVERYTHING in this game. No other game granted you such a high level of independence and choices. The strong modding community is what kept and still keeps this game alive (against all odds).

Days of War (link in the post above is not working)
That brings me to the next game featured above. Days of War looks really great in my opinion. The developers promised a high level of mod-ability and the overall plan looks really promising. Right now unfortunately the gamemodes are those of a kill-only shooter with Search-and-Destroy, Deathmatch and what not. Still, the Forums are already crowded with people from W:ET so it could be that they influence the developers even more in the direction of W:ET.
Although I’m 100% biased, I encourage you to check out Days of War.

ET: Legacy
After mentioning that I’m biased, here’s the reason why. I’m part of a very active development team and we are working on ET: Legacy. With the 2.74 release some months ago we managed to push the first stable version and we are happy that there are multiple servers already running. Right now we have the 2.75 release just around the corner which will be a major milestone and hopefully attract more attention to our efforts.

Now, you request Enemy Territory 2 and I’m not entirely sure what that means, because there are a few different approaches to this. If you want W:ET just with shinier graphics, then ET: Legacy is definitely your go-to solution. The gameplay is completely the same and we implemented tons of bug fixes, code cleanups and features. Right now ET: Legacy is the most stable and streamlined version of W:ET that was ever made and after the next release, which will already include the complete texture overhaul, we hope to bring more effort to the asset part of the project. We have active collaborations running with other development teams ranging from other Wolfenstein titles (RTCW, ET:QW) to even ‘completely’ different games like Call of Duty. This is mandatory, because we are a team of hobby modders and alone there is only so much we can do to counter professional teams.
If you want to help and make sure that W:ET as it is is granted another decade of glory, feel free to join us on #etlegacy.

Cheers

(SiNRay) #5

Very nicely explained KeMon. :slight_smile:

Yes, we are a bunch of ET players from different clans/communities on their forum and giving ideas, opinions and backing the developers of this nicely looking game.
Also, the developers mentioned there somewhere, that there’s going to be an objective mode too.
Some of the developers have an ET background also. :wink: But of course, this game game needs to stand out from other ww2 games, therefore no one should expect an ET 2 of this game.
Try this link:
Days Of War

(Kendle) #6

Days Of War not only looks very, very similar to Day of Defeat, the map in the trailer on that site is Donner, so close it’s practically identical. If the ET community aren’t interested in this (and I suspect they wouldn’t be, DoD is very, very different from ET) I’m sure the DoD community would be.

(AoW_Sony) #7

Look here Call of Duty WW2 War Mode is Close to ET :

No Killstreaks in this Mod and objektive Mode gameplay!